Archived Is this just my store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what happened to our store today. Our PMT has moved to HR. Our hardlines team lead is now the property manager. So we needed to figure out who will run hardlines. We cant hire anymore team leads because we’re at head count for TLs. Today, our STL announced in our meeting that the softlines team leader is now over ALL of the sales floor. Everything. He didn’t ask her, he didn’t even tell her before hand. Just announced it in front of everyone. So now I (the visual merchandiser) have to help her because there is no way on earth one team lead can do all that. So I will be helping run softlines, decorative home, and beauty. As well as training for the whole store (sales, modernization, brands, etc.), brand launches and ya know....visual merchandising. I’m just at a loss on how I’m supposed to do it all. I feel like I have been screwed out of my job and I’m stuck doing something that I never agreed to. The softlines team lead is livid and stressed to the max. Does the whole thing seem awful to y’all or is it just me?

This is what happened to our store today. Our PMT has moved to HR. Our hardlines team lead is now the property manager. So we needed to figure out who will run hardlines. We cant hire anymore team leads because we’re at head count for TLs. Today, our STL announced in our meeting that the softlines team leader is now over ALL of the sales floor. Everything. He didn’t ask her, he didn’t even tell her before hand. Just announced it in front of everyone. So now I (the visual merchandiser) have to help her because there is no way on earth one team lead can do all that. So I will be helping run softlines, decorative home, and beauty. As well as training for the whole store (sales, modernization, brands, etc.), brand launches and ya know....visual merchandising. I’m just at a loss on how I’m supposed to do it all. I feel like I have been screwed out of my job and I’m stuck doing something that I never agreed to. The softlines team lead is livid and stressed to the max. Does the whole thing seem awful to y’all or is it just me?

This is the everyday experience of a Signing TM. If your store still has one of them, ask for their recommendations for mixed drinks.

We have three Soft lines TLS, a VM and an ETL-Softlines and our sales are still mediocre when compared to other stores in our district. I'm really interested to see if this happens at our store.

That’s pretty standard with low volume stores. As a VM you should only being doing softlines, hearth&hand and anything that’s set visually like the pillow wall and seasonal sets
That’s what I was hired to do. Way back when I asked if I could focus more on my core roles and I was told I was being a brat (my STL literally called me a brat) and that I wasn’t supportive of my team.

That’s what I was hired to do. Way back when I asked if I could focus more on my core roles and I was told I was being a brat (my STL literally called me a brat) and that I wasn’t supportive of my team.
I mean it sucks but if you want to not hate your
Job I’d just do whatever you stl wants but if you wanna fight it just pull up your JD on workbench and show her. Our VM doesn’t do any hardlines... she’s basically an extra SLTL

Oy. I can see why you and your softlines/now-all-of-hardlines TL might be frustrated. It was done quite abruptly, and Target management changes are often executed without much tact.

In a more general sense, it seems like a lot of stores are struggling to regain their footing lately...(though, to be fair, my perspective is likely tinged with some confirmation bias.) I'd try to keep your venting outside of the store, at least until the dust settles.

Our store it's the same etl for softlines and hardlines and has been for years we have multiple tl's in hardlines and softlines and all Etls and the stl are always on the floor. Sounds like you just have a crappy store :oops:

We have three TL’s on the floor. Our VM works in soft lines, and Home Decor, mainly. She will help cover breaks in areas, if needed. She will also help at the front end.

I have heard quite a few people say their VM doesn't do anything. Those VM's aren't lazy because of the title, they are lazy because they are lazy. Being a VM, especially for a high volume store, is hard work.

My store has 1 SFTL. The VM is considered a TL the same as any other.
We have ETL SF/GE.
I'm now wondering if Yetive is from my store, lol. Same here.

Our VM (who is awesome and works her ass off) has always sort of been an unofficial softlines TL. And our salesfloor TL is a SrTL and she'salways ridiculously stressed and doesn't think she'll be over softlines much longer. I've heard they're restructuring leadership within stores next year, so that might affect it, and our SFTL keeps telling me things like "You need to communicate that with your team" and "you need to make sure your team is doing this or that" and things like that, so I'm wondering if she thinks we'll be getting a SLTL again and wants me to be that. Oy vey because I really need that stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back