Archived Is this just my store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something like that happened at my store a year or two ago after the retirement of an experienced HLTL and honestly it’s really added to our poor vm’s stress levels. Our SLTL turned SFTL pays way more attention to softlines than they ever do hardlines, both in terms of training and staffing, so it’s been up to me as captain in hardlines to try to keep everyone up to speed on how our processes are supposed to work as modernization rolls out and to try to fix anything the SFTL claims they don’t have time to do themselves. I’ve learned more about how to do things under the new operating models from our VM than my actual TL, and I’d wager that most of hardlines at my store could say the same.

Being the "captain" of anything @ Target is doing TLs work for free and you don't even get a penny more/corporate doesn't even recognize it. I've been there, done that. I'm done "captaining". Honestly, I don't mind doing it giving orders etc to the team when the TL isn't in, it's just that when he's in he's laid back and when I tell the team one thing and he wants another, it's like what's the point. Doing his work and not getting paid extra. And what's the point when they don't bother using it towards a promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back