Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

If it's badly stained, spitfire. I know it's against regs, but sometimes you have to use spitfire. For normal mopping I've used kitchen degreaser and then hot water, but most of the time I just fill the mop bucket with glance. I probably need to look over the cleaning guide again.

Stand alone subt.. is that the one thats in the color apps??

Yes, the one in WebApps - it was recently removed from RF Apps. By standalone, I just meant using the SUBT app separate from pulling batches.

can you do subt9999 when the cafs dropped into the gun but your not pulling a batch?

As long as you're using the SUBT app and not pulling batches in the PULL app, you should be fine, but it's probably better to wait until after the CAFs have been pulled so you don't create any ghosts by accident.

Random question time. What does everyone use to scrub the floors of the coolers? We have been told to only use hot water, but I was reading through the cleaning guide tonight and it said to use degreaser. Anyone use it?
Yup I use the kitchen degreaser and I dillute it with hot water. :)

Does anyone know what u use to mop the freezer?someone told me your suppose to be mopping it.. But I'm like wouldn't it freeze up -_-

There's actually a product from Diversey (same company that supplies the J-512, perdiem, suma degreaser, etc.) that's used for the freezer. Not sure what's in it but I'm guessing it's cleansers + some sort of mild antifreeze to keep your mixture liquid at 0 F. We have several bottles in our storage cabinet.

@InStocksQueen If you can find the cleaning guide, it lists the product for the freezer in there. If you can't find yours, let me know & I'll find out the name when I go in tomorrow.

And thanks everyone. Looks like I need to chat with my TL tomorrow and show them the cleaning guide since they are the one that keeps saying nothing but hot water in the coolers.

I think it's called suma freezer floor cleaner. You just supposed to put down a little bit at a time and then use the squeeper to scrub up any messes. Then wipe it up with a paper towel I believe. Don't use a mop in the freezer!

Thanks guys!! I could not locate the cleaning guide & when i asked the old CTL what they used he said that the name of it changed and he doesn't know what theyre using! Its crazy because I have been a PA since August '13 and i don't remember anyone in my workcenter using anything to clean the freezer. Only thing we have done was sweep it.

I'm pretty sure you're only supposed to clean up messes in the freezer, spot cleaning, etc. sweeping should take care of most of the cleanliness issues in the freezer.

seems as if the FDC is out of strawberries. as we got none today, and ordered 60 cases. Also, only got 3 cases of raspberries, no blueberries, no blackberries, 2 green grapes, 1 red grapes.
Not sure why we don't get enough berries, now, I guess I'll flex Bananas over there since I have over 400 bunches of bananas in the back room, 35 cases.

Yes! we have way too many bananas in the ambient room now! -_-
Another PA suggested we TPC them since they went up to .29 cent per banana haha I didn't check the cut report but i know one of our produce pallets went to another store! this is the 2nd time another store gets our stuff! haha

we sell bananas by the 3lbs bundle, at $1.79 for the 3lb bundle and guests have to buy all 3 lbs, we cannot sell indiviual bananas in our state. I tpc'd bananas to 1.00 for the 3lbs, the bunch have about 7 or 8 bananas in them that would come down to about 14 cents for 1 banana at my tpc price. so go ahead and do it for 50% off !! or else they will turn brown and have to qmos and donate or send to the compactor.

Another PA suggested we TPC them since they went up to .29 cent per banana haha I didn't check the cut report but i know one of our produce pallets went to another store! this is the 2nd time another store gets our stuff! haha

How do you know a pallet went to another store? I think this happened to us yesterday also. I know what I ordered and though we have the counts, the produce isn't there. I told my STL and he just gave me a confused/alarmed look. How do you confirm it?

Also, Hi all! I'm so happy to have found this place. This thread in particular is great to read. Makes me realize I'm certainly not alone in my frustration.

With our food coming in from FDC, a lot of the items have pick labels on them, and on the pick label it says your store number... When we finished pushing the truck at first i thought we got cut on a lot of produce items but shortly after we received a call from another target store saying they have our produce pallet. Luckily, the driver came back to deliver our pallet. but there's been a situation where we couldn't get a pallet back so a store transfer or store credit had to happen. Its very complicad, at least for me, since i don't know too much about receiving/reverse logistics.

BTW Welcome Produce Queen :D

also, if you look at the bill of sale, it might have what came into your store...

also, if you look at the bill of sale, it might have what came into your store...
With our food coming in from FDC, a lot of the items have pick labels on them, and on the pick label it says your store number... When we finished pushing the truck at first i thought we got cut on a lot of produce items but shortly after we received a call from another target store saying they have our produce pallet. Luckily, the driver came back to deliver our pallet. but there's been a situation where we couldn't get a pallet back so a store transfer or store credit had to happen. Its very complicad, at least for me, since i don't know too much about receiving/reverse logistics.

BTW Welcome Produce Queen :D

Thanks! I'll have to check into it. I'm off until Sunday. With C&S I got used to missing cases but hadn't seen much of it since we switched to FDC but yesterday it was glaring that there was a problem.

Did any not have their frozen transition done this week? Because of our inventory, they took presentation hours for our inventory. So they didn't finish it. I mean they STILL havent done the ice cream transition from February. Hopefully, they will finish it with the rest of the people fresh transition next week
We had most of it done, but not all of it. Think that & pfresh will be done this week.

How do you know a pallet went to another store? I think this happened to us yesterday also. I know what I ordered and though we have the counts, the produce isn't there. I told my STL and he just gave me a confused/alarmed look. How do you confirm it?

Also, Hi all! I'm so happy to have found this place. This thread in particular is great to read. Makes me realize I'm certainly not alone in my frustration.
Welcome!

we have lots of lunchables and lunch meat in backstock, that aisle needs to be reset, i think this week. Also still 2 aisles of freezer will be reset this week. All 3 of our pfresh tables still need reset.

I looked the deli transition and we are getting more ready to eat foods. I saw more salads and pre made sandwiches in the backroom. As a store with just a starbucks, this will be a welcome sight among team members who dont want to eat frozen foods for lunch or dinner.

I hope we get all of that since we just have a Sbux also!

This week, it is frozen meat (those frozen aisles that didnt get reset), all 3 or 4 produce tables, the entire produce section, deli, lunchmeats, hot dawgs, and the frozen meat bunker will be changing. Note that not all stores will be the same.

My store is adding a crap load of new product. From the top of my head, we are getting kiwi, mangos, granny single apple, pink lady apple bag, avacado bag, cherub tomatoes, mixes grape tomatoes, mini potato bags, single serve corn, packaged corn, a bunch of ready to eat food, a non frozen section of meal solutions (i think), and a crap ton of new archer farms meats.

I looked the deli transition and we are getting more ready to eat foods. I saw more salads and pre made sandwiches in the backroom. As a store with just a starbucks, this will be a welcome sight among team members who dont want to eat frozen foods for lunch or dinner.
We've had kiwi and mangos for a month or two now. It surprises me you don't since you have three or four produce tables. I just have one! (Well, four that put together make one table...I assumed you meant three or four separate groups of tables).

i cant tell you how much i dislike pushing milk hahaha & my closers in market don't like to fill milk by the end of the night so when I come in its usually completely empty.

I have to go from one side of the store to the other for milk which is why I hate milk. Our door next to the backroom dairy coolers leads out into seasonal/sporting goods and then I have to go all the way down from G39 which is Candy to the pfresh area in G6-G13. That and the fact when I am here on milk delivery days I always seem to push our 150-200 gallons of milk..sigh

Unless something got reset today (I close tonight) the only things that have been reset are 2 of the freezer aisles. So that leaves just about everything. We got in single ears of corn and cherries on Saturday. We've had mangoes for about a month, and kiwis forever. Our produce tables and bakery tables are changing. We flexed out most of the marinated Archer Farms meats. I flexed out the grab & go sandwiches yesterday because we had a shelf that was empty & it was bugging me. I just want all this stuff out cause our backroom is beyond full. We left a pallet in the meat cooler that is a mix of new product and a ton of lunchables because we knew it was all backstock.

Honestly, I'm just excited for our produce area to be set correctly. Our Plano TL will give revisions. for the tables & open case produce to my TL and they'll get tied, but not re-set. It's frustrating. There was one day I was tired of everyone complaining about the naked & bolthouse juices being set wrong and I just went & re-set it myself.

Back