Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

I
Tip: For a more authentic Buffalo experience, use Anchor Bar wing sauce instead of Frank's. The Anchor Bar formula is similar to Frank's but with margarine and added spices, but try it anyways.
I always add butter to my Frank's, never seen Anchor Bar up here.

Does anyone else feel like you are baby sitting while Plano is working on this transition? They are literally driving me insane! The refrigeration alarm went off 3 times after I had warned one particular tm about leaving the ice cream freezer doors open too long. It was almost up to 45 degrees, and they wouldn't shut it! I love getting called every .5 seconds to answer common sense questions like, should I leave this unwrapped burrito on the shelf? My favorite incident so far has been the Plano TL trying to wash the freezer shelves with the wrong cleaning product and having it freeze to everything. I handed her a scraper and wished her luck. I can't wait till transition is over!

Does anyone else feel like you are baby sitting while Plano is working on this transition? They are literally driving me insane! The refrigeration alarm went off 3 times after I had warned one particular tm about leaving the ice cream freezer doors open too long. It was almost up to 45 degrees, and they wouldn't shut it! I love getting called every .5 seconds to answer common sense questions like, should I leave this unwrapped burrito on the shelf? My favorite incident so far has been the Plano TL trying to wash the freezer shelves with the wrong cleaning product and having it freeze to everything. I handed her a scraper and wished her luck. I can't wait till transition is over!

You do know that this is their method to make it so that next time you are just going to say "Screw it, I'll do it myself! It'll be easier than babysitting these idiots!"

Usually you give fmoc a call to let them know to ignore the alarms when you'll be doing a reset there.

I made one of mine come back and go back through lunchables/those protein things after they had reset it with out of date merchandise and a guest came over to let me know.

my plano works overnights, so it's like magic. Come in and have a new aisle of freezer done, then the back wall of freezer done, then the bunker and now hotdogs, lunchables...

wow the plano team has been busy overnight this week.

front table is suppose to reset on Sunday with Watermelons, it must be summer !!

You do know that this is their method to make it so that next time you are just going to say "Screw it, I'll do it myself! It'll be easier than babysitting these idiots!"

If I could handle that kind of work load, I probably would just do it myself. I should be thankful though that I don't have to. As annoying as it is sometimes, honestly, I'm glad that someone else has to suffer with me in the cold for a few days.

For me the problems has been dealing with all the vendors. Soda/beverage, wine/beer, pizza and ice cream. So. Much. Talking. Oh and did I mention there is currently no TL? Lucky lucky me :cool:

I tried to let my vendors know about everything well ahead of time so we hopefully wouldn't run into many issues. So much for wishful thinking. I thought the beer vendors were going to kill me because their product was getting backstocked when there was still room for it on the floor. I don't even want to talk about the missing price adjustment labels. I have never seen a case of beer that cost $1. Never.

Last edited:
If I could handle that kind of work load, I probably would just do it myself. I should be thankful though that I don't have to. As annoying as it is sometimes, honestly, I'm glad that someone else has to suffer with me in the cold for a few days.

I tried to let my vendors know about everything well ahead of time so we hopefully wouldn't run into many issues. So much for wishful thinking. I thought the beer vendors were going to kill me because their product was getting backstocked when there was still room for it on the floor. I don't even want to talk about the missing price adjustment labels. I have never seen a case of beer that coast $1. Never.
I will take that beer for a 1.00:)

How would I go about requesting a change for capacities? My produce department has an outrageous number of items with absurd capacities. Salads, which only hold 6-7, have capacities of 15 or more. Juices and precut vegetables are even worse. Mysupport? What would I say?

How would I go about requesting a change for capacities? My produce department has an outrageous number of items with absurd capacities. Salads, which only hold 6-7, have capacities of 15 or more. Juices and precut vegetables are even worse. Mysupport? What would I say?
Write down all the dpcis and the capacities they should be. Go punch them into mysupport and let them know.

My group isn't bad. Most of them have been at our store as long as I have.

But so much backstock. Freezer is jacked, deli keeps piling up. And backstock isn't getting done.

Here is my experience with the frozen transition this week.

I was off Tuesday and Wednesday. I come in Thursday to find that most of the transition is set except one aisle. But the planogram team didnt pull or push any new product from the transition. I scanned 75 empty locations excluding the aisle they havent dont yet. I came in yesterday to find they set that last aisle but didnt push any new product. So we have massive amounts of holes on the floor with product sitting in our packed freezer yet they didnt pull or push the new product. Now I get they may not have had the time or people to do this. If that is the case, then their ETL should have planned this better. We are loosing money with all this empty space on the floor.

Side note: I stood up for myself to my TL. This team lead, whenever he opens, leaves both QMOS bins full of unprocessed QMOS, doesnt throw out his processed QMOS, doesnt throw out his cardboard trash or does a mid day cull or zone. Now with in these past few weeks, he tried to talk to me about leaving trash. In a loud firm voice I told him he cant tell me about leaving trash when he leaves it all the time. No he just cant. He is not allowed to criticize anyone about trash when he leaves it all the time for his team.

freezer has a ton of backstock due to the transtion and we have a pallet of nop stuff from last week that they did not push yet.

We have a rocket scientist doing the PFresh transition at my store. She's always had a habit of being a mediocre team member who can barely get her work done and she severely, severely lacks in the common sense department. I come in yesterday and I see all these bagged meats (prosciutto, salami, etc) sitting on the very bottom of the first 4x4 cooler right next to the oranges. I'm guessing they're moving over to deli, but why would you seriously put something like meat next to produce? Why not put them in the meat cooler in the back or stick them in the front bunker or stick them on the deli side? She also stacked the big fruit party trays on top of the Hormel meat/cheese party trays and just laid them on the top shelf with the grapes. I immediately face-palmed myself after seeing all of this. I'm so glad that Steritech didn't come in yesterday.

She also elected not to FIFO the dates on anything. Nothing. If something ended 5/13, then it was sitting in the back behind all the 5/17's. I guess she also found some expired bagged veggies from April (I'll take partial responsibility for that) and left them out on the floor, in the pusher trays, and a guest eventually pointed them out to me shortly after I clocked in. It was embarrassing. Found so many out of date's yesterday. Feels like I'm the only one that checks dates and I can't check everything, so I need help but oh well.

Last edited:
She also stacked the big fruit party trays on top of the Hormel meat/cheese party trays and just laid them on the top shelf with the grapes. I immediately face-palmed myself after seeing all of this. I'm so glad that Steritech didn't come in yesterday.

Not a steritech violation. The meat is fully cooked, so it can be mixed with any other product. Still doesn't make sense from a backstocking point of view, but it's not a health risk.

Not a steritech violation. The meat is fully cooked, so it can be mixed with any other product. Still doesn't make sense from a backstocking point of view, but it's not a health risk.

True, touché. I just get worried about such things because we usually get knocked hard on very soft violations so I would just like to avoid such incidents all together.

Back