Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

I wish I can order as much produce as you all do for the weekends. The thing is, our produce cooler is so small.

I my supported all my fresh meats to hopefully increase the capacities. I did the ground beef a week ago. They said they are in the process of increasing our capacities with nothing has changed yet. We are NOT getting any meats in. I am flexing out of my ass just to keep meat "look" full. We are out, even on a truck day) of a lot of meats. It is like they are afraid they will loose money if we dont have a lot.

I wish I can order as much produce as you all do for the weekends. The thing is, our produce cooler is so small.

I my supported all my fresh meats to hopefully increase the capacities. I did the ground beef a week ago. They said they are in the process of increasing our capacities with nothing has changed yet. We are NOT getting any meats in. I am flexing out of my ass just to keep meat "look" full. We are out, even on a truck day) of a lot of meats. It is like they are afraid they will loose money if we dont have a lot.
You need to request your OTL be increased for meat. Capacity is just how much fits on the floor, and what # the CAF triggers from.

You can also get a hotshot order. Basically an emergency order. Minimum is 25 cases. It's Memorial Day weekend so you have a good reason to ask for one. You should not be out of meat. Talk to your LOG ETL, or your STL. You still need to resolve the issue long term by increasing The OTL, but a hotshot order would get you product for the holiday.

You can also get a hotshot order. Basically an emergency order. Minimum is 25 cases. It's Memorial Day weekend so you have a good reason to ask for one. You should not be out of meat. Talk to your LOG ETL, or your STL. You still need to resolve the issue long term by increasing The OTL, but a hotshot order would get you product for the holiday.

I would do that but I am off today and we have our truck tomorrow for the weekend.

Plus our ETL LOG just left and our new ETL wont arrive for a week

I would do that but I am off today and we have our truck tomorrow for the weekend.

Plus our ETL LOG just left and our new ETL wont arrive for a week
time to flex flex flex ... just make sure you are FRESH and Full by 9 AM ... lol

remember no outs, especially in meat ,just throw those St. louis spare ribs everywhere !!

Anyone else noticing that they have cut what we can order in P-fresh? I can't order bagged veggies or meat...I am down to the one veggie table and bananas, oh and the berries. How am I supposed to be instock when the auto-order might not give me what i actually need. They sent me 6 cases of Italian salads.

Has anyone had non-food items dropping into the daily SDA list at all in the past week? I've had to check the dates on placemats(mon) and artificial plants(thurs). The most recent was yesterday, an 18'' bicycle. There hasn't been one everyday, thankfully. I don't know if this is an issue I should mysupport or if someone in my store is screwing around with the mydevices.

The other day my SDA included a pair of shoes.

That was from tm's playing with the buttons on a my device.
Yup. My ETL LOG actually asked me if strange things had been showing up on the SDA. They haven't, but he had a mischievous look on his face so I asked why. Apparently he's been spending his time shortdating things because he thought it would be funny. What I think is funny is that none of it showed up in the SDA.

I want to say Order to Level, but I don't think that's right.

Order Threshold Level
Order Through Lead

I really don't know what it stands for, but the idea is tied into supply chain management and inventory control. Your OTL is basically the point at which our replenishment system will trigger an order for an item. The idea is to trigger the reorder when you have just enough inventory to get you through the lead time it takes to get replenishment there.

Let's say you can sell through 1 case of 80/20 ground beef per day. The lead time for replenishment on your next truck is 2 days. Your OTL would be 2 for that situation. The problem arises when forecasts are off or OTLs are incorrect. If you're actually able to sell through 2 cases of 80/20 ground beef each day, then you're going to run out of stock because orders are not being triggered early enough or your orders are not big enough to supply what you actually are selling. This is one of the hardest things to pin down about inventory management. Getting the product where it needs to be, in the right amounts, at the right times.

Yup. My ETL LOG actually asked me if strange things had been showing up on the SDA. They haven't, but he had a mischievous look on his face so I asked why. Apparently he's been spending his time shortdating things because he thought it would be funny. What I think is funny is that none of it showed up in the SDA.
Are you sure the date he picked had gone by? You can short date for months out...

i have all the new organic stuff to order now about 20 items, so that keeps me busy with the order.

SDA when something strange comes up, i just type in the dcpi and hit no and move on !!

with dates... do they now print a date?? last week it was just a barcode, no date even when i selected "bcode with date"
Yes. The software update is what is needed to add the date, the ios update only installed half. The schedule is on redwire.

In the 4 1/2 years being in p- fresh, I have had 8 different people regular market team members come and go during that time. At least 3 of them just quit with out notice. And with me being here for so long, I have had to deal with these people not showing up for scheduled shifts and doing extra work.

In fact, I believe we have yet another person leaving or has left. He called out twice this week, then NCNS Thursday and yesterday. He has called out a few another times in the past months. Plus his performance has been crap these past 2 months. Even if he has legit reasons for not showing up, I dont think they will keep him. He cant show up or do his job to even decent standards.

He actually NCNS yesterday along with our mid. My food ETL was there and didnt bring anyone over to do any p fresh routines. He left it all to me when I came in to close. That means no one did a cull, SDA, flexed, pushed milk, filled endcaps, filled produce, filled meat, QMOSed stuff from the white bins or filled bananas. That was all left to me on my close. YAY target.

On the bright side, if they guy leaves, I can hopefully get more opening shifts (his availability was limited to opening during the week) and that means I can watch more baseball.

In the 4 1/2 years being in p- fresh, I have had 8 different people regular market team members come and go during that time. At least 3 of them just quit with out notice. And with me being here for so long, I have had to deal with these people not showing up for scheduled shifts and doing extra work.

In fact, I believe we have yet another person leaving or has left. He called out twice this week, then NCNS Thursday and yesterday. He has called out a few another times in the past months. Plus his performance has been crap these past 2 months. Even if he has legit reasons for not showing up, I dont think they will keep him. He cant show up or do his job to even decent standards.

He actually NCNS yesterday along with our mid. My food ETL was there and didnt bring anyone over to do any p fresh routines. He left it all to me when I came in to close. That means no one did a cull, SDA, flexed, pushed milk, filled endcaps, filled produce, filled meat, QMOSed stuff from the white bins or filled bananas. That was all left to me on my close. YAY target.

On the bright side, if they guy leaves, I can hopefully get more opening shifts (his availability was limited to opening during the week) and that means I can watch more baseball.
Nothing is more annoying than just not bothering to do anything if the Pfresh opener calls out. What the fuck do they think is gonna happen if they get a random steritech visit or DTL visit? *bangs head on desk* The last time they did this it was a Sunday. No cull, no push, no endcap audit, no ad check, no milk push. I let my STL have it full on attitude. If Pfresh is one of only 5 areas to focus on and you just leave it hanging you'd better not like your job much. Cause our DTL and his family is local. They shop our store, a lot. And they always buy food or at least walk through.

Back