Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

I tried the 7xll's for a while and my STL really liked the idea but my DTL said no as there isn't enough budgeted to cartwheel to allow the increased usage. He also said that they'll increase the budget for offers when they decide to promote something.

Hey guys are any of you in Market seeing counts that are really wacky? Like you know you Qmos'd out a bunch of things but the system still says you have on hands and because of that you are not getting replenished? But you know your In-Stocks or whoever does your research is doing the research.

I found out today that the MyDevice isn't actually taking the items out of inventory when you use it to QMOS. Cause we have been dealing with wacky counts and no product for things and we knew we were doing the research and what we counting was correct. Cause we would get stock after I worked the drastic count that said we had 56 boxes of berries(example) I zero'd it out. After double checking that it was NOT in the store.

Confirmed today by a MySupport reply..

*Edit to add the fix is simple, use a PDA..

Last edited:
My head just exploded. So did the MySupport say there is a fix for this pending?

Seriously how much harder can all of our jobs be made? Every single change that has been done by corporate in the last couple of years just makes it harder on us at the store.

My head just exploded. So did the MySupport say there is a fix for this pending?

Seriously how much harder can all of our jobs be made? Every single change that has been done by corporate in the last couple of years just makes it harder on us at the store.

I didn't bother to ask. Probably when they figure why its not updating.

Does the SDA "check dates" actually qmos out stuff on the mydevice ? Or do I need to qmos that on a PDA So many questions. Where do I find one of these PDA's you speak of ? There is never any in the equipment room. I'm beginning to think the equipment room is a thing of imagination.

Does the SDA "check dates" actually qmos out stuff on the mydevice ? Or do I need to qmos that on a PDA So many questions. Where do I find one of these PDA's you speak of ? There is never any in the equipment room. I'm beginning to think the equipment room is a thing of imagination.
Yes, when using the Mydevice it tosses them. You tell it how many of the outdated item there are along with the reason (quality/outdated/sample) and then hit "toss" which is right next to the input box for the number.

Ok, someone in our region qmos'd out some drapes and a 50" TV, they came up today on the sda's today, both on sales floor and back room.

I have seen this at my store. A few gems I have heard the CTL complaining about:
-An iPhone 6
-Some books
-A microwave
-3 different DPCIs of pillows
-2 bras

I'm jealous! :) I'm the PA for my store. If I close I have to zone dry market, if I open my goal is to zone all the freezers and do whatever random projects my ETL/STL come up with. Good luck! Being a PA is a lot of work, but I enjoy it.
Technically we are supposed to zone dry market on close and coolers/freezers for open or midday. I can't recall the last time a closer got to actually zone more than a handful of aisles though. We get pulled for everything else and by time CAFs are pushed and the floor is full, its time to go home (and run cause everyone else is waiting).

Technically we are supposed to zone dry market on close and coolers/freezers for open or midday. I can't recall the last time a closer got to actually zone more than a handful of aisles though. We get pulled for everything else and by time CAFs are pushed and the floor is full, its time to go home (and run cause everyone else is waiting).
I can sometimes finish a dry zone (and usually get pretty close) if I'm scheduled to stay until close, but lately my store has been sending home market an hour before. :/ Market at my store gets pulled a lot. Usually besides the LOD and a TL or two I'm the only one on the floor guest service trained so I'll be back and forth all night. They really can't complain about the zone too much if they won't let us actually stay over there to do it.

At my store the PA is always closing out PFresh. I just started as a PA and have barely been trained to close market (first sales floor position ever) and they have had me there twice already.

I can sometimes finish a dry zone (and usually get pretty close) if I'm scheduled to stay until close, but lately my store has been sending home market an hour before. :/ Market at my store gets pulled a lot. Usually besides the LOD and a TL or two I'm the only one on the floor guest service trained so I'll be back and forth all night. They really can't complain about the zone too much if they won't let us actually stay over there to do it.
We get pulled for electronics coverage as well as guest service, help pulling cafs, plus fitting room some nights.

Back