Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

ETL-HR finally opened internal PA app.

Finally.

It's only been a few days.

It feels like weeks.
yes we have 2 openings for PAs at my store, but still next week I have 16 hrs in hardlines ??

We have enough work for 5 Pas at my store, so why when we only have 3 PAs I cannot get 40 hrs scheduled in Consumables ?
When we get 5 PAs full time i guess you will schedule me only 1 day as a PA .... WTF.

Last edited:
yes we have 2 openings for PAs at my store, but still next week I have 16 hrs in hardlines ??

We have enough work for 5 Pas at my store, so why when we only have 3 PAs I cannot get 40 hrs scheduled in Consumables ?
When we get 5 PAs full time i guess you will schedule me only 1 day as a PA .... WTF.
Do you know what the actual allotment for hours is? We only had 14 a day for almost a year...

Nope I don't know the allotment of hours just know that we are going to allocate 5 PAs now there are 2 openings.

Nope I don't know the allotment of hours just know that we are going to allocate 5 PAs now there are 2 openings.
5 PAs with two full shifts a day is only 112 hours. Which is less than three people at the full forty. I know we are usually always trying to train new talent for Market but not as actual PAs cause we don't have the payroll for that man premium hours.

Back when I had 20hrs a day allotted we had two PAs who worked forty hours each in market and I worked three full days (truck) plus two in Plano or Pricing.

Maybe people's availability is causing the need for more people to fill less hours? Or they are trying to keep everyone under the minimum hours to provide benefits?

I'm not sure why they would do it for benefits at a store level. At a corporate level, I could understand. I, and two PA's I know are the only ones at our Supers. We have bountiful hours, but our teams do not. I'd be curious if they were planning on making changes(promotions or reassignments.)

Or maybe they're doing as you suspect. Again, I don't see the gain of it at store level unless payroll is a super serious issue at the store.

Did anyone see the survey on Redwire about HQ auto ordering and it's effectiveness? It's to be taken by Food TL and/or Food ETL. Really wish we PA's were taking it since we are the ones with the hands on knowledge of it.

Do you know what the actual allotment for hours is? We only had 14 a day for almost a year...

This seems to be what we have been at for the past year or two..its BS...especially when they expect us to do C+S push and backstock our own stuff most of the time. Along with doing 30 minute opening and closing working huddles and being the TMs guests come to the most because NOBODY is on that side of the store for help. Also doesnt help my Pfresh is in the front of the store and our backroom is at the other end and we have to go through seasonal and mini seasonal to get to it :(

Last edited:
This seems to be what we have been at for the past year or two..its BS...especially when they expect us to do C+S push and backstock our own stuff most of the time. Along with doing 30 minute opening and closing working huddles and being the TMs guests come to the most because NOBODY is on that side of the store for help. Also doesnt help my Pfresh is in the front of the store and our backroom is at the other end and we have to go through seasonal and mini seasonal to get to it :(
Ditto. I'm not sure where they squeezed hours from this past six months, but it's awesome to have a mid shift again.

Ditto. I'm not sure where they squeezed hours from this past six months, but it's awesome to have a mid shift again.

I dont remember the last time we had a mid shift. We had them during busy holiday times a few years and then this past year and I believe even last year it was just regular schedule even during the holidays

Did anyone see the survey on Redwire about HQ auto ordering and it's effectiveness? It's to be taken by Food TL and/or Food ETL. Really wish we PA's were taking it since we are the ones with the hands on knowledge of it.

I took it for my team lead...

I wish there was an option for... LOL.. when asked if HQ ordered produce saves me time...

I seen it and left a copy in my CTL mailbox, I wish we were the PAs were taking it too, they never send enough fresh meats and salads, and now that they took over the 211 cut fruit and bagged veggies, that 3 foot section is looking like we're going out of business.

Did anyone else get a lot of new dairy products cheese yogurts specialty milks. We got 3 pallets of extra new product today. Thanks FDC. We flexed a lot of yogurt creamers and specialty milk. Already have the pumpkin spice creamers in.

Oh Jesus. That FAB bullshit is going to be a constant battle with the hours we have.

...I keep finding stuff that's ridiculously out of date.

I don't think people actually do the cull.

Dairy needs to reset so I can actually go through absolutely everything and make sure it's all good. I don't think pog will do it.

...I keep finding stuff that's ridiculously out of date.

I don't think people actually do the cull.

Dairy needs to reset so I can actually go through absolutely everything and make sure it's all good. I don't think pog will do it.
Freshness Friday we did warm juice...found the farmers pick with 8/26/2014. Yummy.

Did anyone get their $4 and $5 coupons to start the new meat couponing malarky this week? They didn't show up in my store yet.
Can't wait to see how long it takes to re-train everyone about when to pull the meat off the floor. And now uncooked bacon and sausage are to be couponed?
You just know whoever came up with this plan at corporate got a huge bonus. "We'll save so much money in qmos'd meat. So what if it takes TM's longer to cull and guests notice meat dated the same day is on the SF."
:rolleyes:

I've noticed a decrease in QMOS in meat since we started couponing two days earlier. It's more work, but less losses is a win for everyone. I'm thankful we have a lot of budget shoppers who look for that kind of stuff.

We still have not received the high dollar coupons, same as you.

Back