Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

it's officially EASTER season ... FDC sent me 4 pallets of EGGS,(3 pallets of the larger dozen eggs and 1 pallet of mixture)..

these large dozen eggs will be 99 cents starting Sunday and are also on cartwheel for 5% off ... so .99 - .05 (cartwheel) - .09 (team member discount) - .04(Red card) = .81

thats a great deal and spend 50 dollars and get a 10 gift card

I'm actually kinda surprised that we haven't received a huge amount of eggs any earlier, that seems like a very Target thing to do.

these large dozen eggs will be 99 cents starting Sunday and are also on cartwheel for 5% off ... so .99 - .05 (cartwheel) - .09 (team member discount) - .04(Red card) = .81

thats a great deal and spend 50 dollars and get a 10 gift card
That'd make a hella big omelet....

I got the approval from my ETL log and went ahead and put the eggs at .99 starting today. We have over 900 dozen and our biggest competitor is selling them at that price this week so I'm being bold lol.
Make sure you yell at my support about it or they will keep sending you way too many eggs. Though considering most of us get at least three deliveries a week minimum. Them giving us giant pallets is retarded.

We just got 3 or 4 massive pallets of eggs, 2 of which are in the produce(!) cooler because there's not enough room in DARY. And everything is located.

Bring on the huge egg pulls, bitches.

3 pallets = 60 boxes per pallet = 180 boxes at 15 dozen per box = 2,700 dozen eggs. I tpc'd them Friday and I hear we are probably gonna get 1 or 2 more pallets either Sunday or Tuesday Yeah I love pushing eggs I guess something won't get pushed no yogurt on the shelf. Sorry somethings gotta suffer to get the eggs out

How am I supposed to sell through 3 pallets of eggs when my shelf can only hold 72 cartons? I guess I won't be stepping very far from dairy next week.
BTW, they should be on ad for ~99c so they'll be sure to fly off the shelf.

Maybe I'll sacrifice a milk rack for an egg one..

How am I supposed to sell through 3 pallets of eggs when my shelf can only hold 72 cartons? I guess I won't be stepping very far from dairy next week.
BTW, they should be on ad for ~99c so they'll be sure to fly off the shelf.

Maybe I'll sacrifice a milk rack for an egg one..
You don't have a sales planned endcap for them right now?

You don't have a sales planned endcap for them right now?
My only refrigerated endcap houses the home location of eggs. I stopped receiving dairy sales plans with this last dairy reset.

You know, because 24 feet (plus a door) of yogurt is more important than decent capacity for eggs!

My only refrigerated endcap houses the home location of eggs. I stopped receiving dairy sales plans with this last dairy reset.

You know, because 24 feet (plus a door) of yogurt is more important than decent capacity for eggs!

You're in a Super and you only have one refrigerated endcap? My P-Fresh has two: one for the weird juice things that nobody buys and one for sales planners (where the eggs go this week).

Meh, combine two doors and flex some eggs.

I think the only viable option, for me, is to combine my skim and 1% rack and use the extra door to fill an entire rack.. I put out 5 boxes at about 10 this morning and they were nearly gone when I passed the endcap at 11.

You're in a Super and you only have one refrigerated endcap? My P-Fresh has two: one for the weird juice things that nobody buys and one for sales planners (where the eggs go this week).
Wierd, huh? I have 3 frozen endcaps (8 doors total) and only one 6' open faced cooler E/C.(and it's not even very deep) There probably SHOULD be one on the front of that particular run but it's just a 7 foot dry endcap (technically a 3' and a 4' but I typically just make a single 7' statement).

5 boxes won't last 3 minutes at my store.
I filled my 3 shelfs home location, about 10 boxes and the front endcap about 8 boxes at 8 AM and then filled it again around 1 PM.

Alright you PA's supplied by FDC I'm confused when I'm ordering and it shows an amount in hq pushed and store ordered even though I did not order any. Half the time nothing shows up on the truck so wtf? If it says hq pushed I would assume the obvious though why it also show store ordered is odd. Anyone have an explanation?

Alright you PA's supplied by FDC I'm confused when I'm ordering and it shows an amount in hq pushed and store ordered even though I did not order any. Half the time nothing shows up on the truck so wtf? If it says hq pushed I would assume the obvious though why it also show store ordered is odd. Anyone have an explanation?
hey what item were you trying to order?

hmmmm, my store is also serviced from the FDC, a lot of times when an item is about to go discontinued when you scan to order it, it wont have a guardrail, and it shows the amount in HQ pushed. I had that issue the other day when i tried to order papayas, and large bag of naval oranges.

It wouldn't let me order the 8 lb navel oranges today I thought that usually means they are going away. When are we going to be able to order watermelon cantaloupe other groceries in my area already have them.

Back