Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

As long as you can type in the dcpi hit no out of dates and keep moving on that’s ok with me.
The amount of times I’ve gotten items we no longer carry has driven me crazy. Thanks SDA yes I’ll check that yogurt flavor we got rid of two years ago. Must have some on the floor!

Any p fresh stores want to share how they delegated ownership? What are the routines with pricing and plannograms

Each team member has their price change printed up on their uboat. They’ll push zone aisle then out any mark ups on. Then backstock

Any p fresh stores want to share how they delegated ownership? What are the routines with pricing and plannograms

No "routines" - shit's not getting done... .not pricing, REV, freight, backstock, zoning & Audits/EXF. No real SDA. Endcaps get "set" but then are rarely zoned and filled after the first set date.... unless we are getting a visit.

No "routines" - shit's not getting done... .not pricing, REV, freight, backstock, zoning & Audits/EXF. No real SDA. Endcaps get "set" but then are rarely zoned and filled after the first set date.... unless we are getting a visit.

Okay so I'm not alone

We aren't completely correct yet (really starting for sure next week).

I'm setting up an accordion file where each day has a slot and will put tags in the pocket. I'm also making a file in publisher that is the daily assignment sheets with templates for each day and each role, so I can just print them all on Sunday. Then I can hand write anything different the day of.

I'm setting up an accordion file where each day has a slot and will put tags in the pocket. I'm also making a file in publisher that is the daily assignment sheets with templates for each day and each role, so I can just print them all on Sunday. Then I can hand write anything different the day of.

But how did you decide each role ?

But how did you decide each role ?

I figured out what times I wanted each role in (based on trucks), how long each shift should take based on what typically needed to be done, and matched availability and skills.

A few people aren't happy but I don't need five morning people and zero evening people when my food trucks are showing up into the afternoon.

thing That sucks the most with the new model is more day coverage. Lots of team members want to work morning because they have other jobs. Especially here with flow team and my dry team.

So tuesday night this week, i took a screenshot of my schedule so Id remember,
"Wednesday - off "
"Thursday - half a shift"

I came in today[thursday], and it said I was late, and i was 10 minutes (traffic), so I thought okay, must be new.
After I got off, i rechecked my schedule on the grid, and it was a FULL SHIFT And I was late for the first HALF OF the day.
AND here's the KICKER, THEY SCHEDULED ME FOR WEDNESDAY WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE. NO Call, NO TEXT.
And I CLEARLY stated that I needed Mondays and Wednesday off for Spring to summer back in January.

shady as helllllllllllll

From the very beginning I templated all the tasks for each role (caf puller, pfresh opener, pfresh mid, etc.) on to assignment sheets so I could easily just circle areas where I wanted them to work, down to which racks I wanted them to work for repush or which specific uboats to push. I used color on my sheets to differentiate tasks. I just made mass copies of these templates and it saved me a ton of time instead of constantly writing everything out for 12 team members. Some tasks were specific to certain team members and some applicable to everyone. Pushing water and beverage seemed to be a great divider of talent.

Last edited:
So we are having the freezer transitions and a lot of NEW product to start on May 12th. So far we have about 6 huge full uboats of NEW product in the freezer that have come in on the last 4 or 5 trucks.

Who is going to set these, there isn't even enough help to finish the FDC truck on a daily basis.
Most days for the entire FDC truck of about 600 - 900 pieces we have 2 to 3 team members to push this. 1 in dairy, 1 in produce and on freezer days (4 days a week) 1 TM.

The old POG team and pricing team and signing team member went over night to set beauty, and they all pushed and reset paper 1 week ago starting at 4 AM.
Are they going to set our freezer aisles, I highly doubt that.... I guesss it will just sit in the freezer for a couple more weeks.

Incredibly frustrated and curious what other stores are experiencing -

I’m currently the advocate in charge of Pfresh and am ridiculously overwhelmed. My main gripe is I’ve been given the task of completing our P-fresh truck (minus frozen) solo... We thankfully receive trucks 3 times a week but the pressure is real. My schedule will normally involve up & ready, audit, autofills, price change, order etc with only 3-4 hours to finish truck. When I fail, which happens more often than not, I’m yelled at saying, “you should be working a box a minute!” Then shamed if I receive help from any other team members. I try to reason that it takes time to break down pallets, back stock, pull expired from floor though no one cares. It’s especially aggravating as I constantly pull leaking fruit, expired product/meat, etc on days that I do not open. I’m also the only one pulling expired product from coolers (“that’s not their job!”).

In the end, I’m just... done. This job has always been challenging time wise but I’m doomed to fail. It hurts as I genuinely care about market but I’m at my breaking point. They’re going to try moving me to mid shift so I can focus primarily on my truck. If that doesn’t work I’m going to talk to HR to move me. 3+ years in market and I’ve about had it.

What is the correct way to process expired milk?
I am assuming you mean the vendor milk. Charge back and if it’s like our vendor we donate it to our food bank who pick up all donations every day.
If it’s the silk almond milks defect out then donate

Edit: if you have a Starbucks make sure they use what you have that is about to expire. they can use it even on the expiration date.

I am assuming you mean the vendor milk. Charge back and if it’s like our vendor we donate it to our food bank who pick up all donations every day.
If it’s the silk almond milks defect out then donate

Edit: if you have a Starbucks make sure they use what you have that is about to expire. they can use it even on the expiration date.

Yes- Vendor milk and what's charge back?

Back