Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

My head exploded this week from vendors. They’re all in timeout for me. I yelled at my beer vendors for flexing and not ordering to planogram and my Nabisco vendor has so much backstock in our vendor area. And poor Snyder’s.... they left boxes on a uboat. It’s a tough love they’re getting this week but it’s way overdue

If a bread vendors boss wants to come and change it ask him to come back and ask why he’s changing your store. The stores your house and he’s a visitor so why is he messing with it?

Our bread stocker would say they paid for the space and we'd argue back that they only paid for some space and not the whole endcap. Plus if our SD said to take their space, we would follow our SD.

Have anyone experience products that used to be located in the back (backstocked) getting unlocated? We're having trouble with products getting unlocated in the back and would be missed if not for the DBO for the area.

Has anyone ever heard of the bread merchandiser's bosses coming in and resetting the bread POG to look how they want it to?

Yeah.

If they move the shelf tags they get to come back and fix i
Our bread stocker would say they paid for the space and we'd argue back that they only paid for some space and not the whole endcap. Plus if our SD said to take their space, we would follow our SD.

Have anyone experience products that used to be located in the back (backstocked) getting unlocated? We're having trouble with products getting unlocated in the back and would be missed if not for the DBO for the area.

Tell bread guy that if he cannot follow the rules you can call and explain to his boss how it works. If he is abusive tell him that he can be trespassed and lose his whole route over it.

As for things getting unlocated, someone is clicking all items scanned. It could be your people or it could be sfs. I'd start there.

My store director got a weird idea. He wants me in the morning to push a uboat that is randomized, do the cull of that section as I'm pushing and zone. Anyone do this here? I did that in the past and I got coached by my TL to focus on culling and freshness and push after I'm done with it. By the time the store opens I won't be able to hit all the sections and then I'm going to have a guest bring me moldy tomatoes and complain.

The idiot PA at my store didn't order strawberries. On Sunday. Or today.

I'm just like what the fuck am I supposed to do
Flex grapes or cuties. They sent me 20 boxes of cuties on Monday and I ordered zero.

If guests ask tell them with all the rain in May and June that it was too much and strawberries didn’t get enough sun

WPUCGus.png

Stranger Things S3 look it's the date gun that's apparently acceptable in the 80s.

Crap then crap now

The idiot PA at my store didn't order strawberries. On Sunday. Or today.

I'm just like what the fuck am I supposed to do
Are you sure the 'idiot' PA didn't order them? Sometimes there is a supply shortage at the warehouse due to the growing season being bad and they have none to replenish the stores. Anyway, when you order it tells you how many is at the DC.

Well, if your distributor is C & S Wholesale, unsure if that tells you how many is on hand at the DC like for the regular FDC.

You can always tell the guest to ask Trump where the strawberries are. 😁

Went to train at a another target and their dairy cooler was EMPTY! Literally only like 15 Waco’s had items in them. I was mind blown from seeing it. And yes their sales floor looks good for dairy

Went to train at a another target and their dairy cooler was EMPTY! Literally only like 15 Waco’s had items in them. I was mind blown from seeing it. And yes their sales floor looks good for dairy
That is impressive. When we purge, we can usually get it to a four foot section in the cooler, but never that few.

We have 10 (4 ft sections ) all full about 100 plus Waco’s full and our floor is. always full. Am pulls is 2 Metros full. Receive about 1 1/2 pallets of dairy every day.

we receive c&s x3 a week, im about to kill my dairy vendor she sent me one pallet. ONE PALLET of milk and didnt even send me ANY half gallons or quarts! I'm ready to start a fight club with my vendors and I'm not going down without some of them going down with me

Anyone receive a crap to. Of rubicon cupcakes and sweet sams bakery stuff too?? It shows we can sell it but there’s no shelf life given :( I wanna put these cupcakes and cakes out they look so good but Idek the shelf life’s :(

I have my meat cooler and dairy cooler on lock right now. But freezer. Man does anyone have tips on keeping freezer manageable? Just so much backstock and fill in the backroom

Anyone receive a crap to. Of rubicon cupcakes and sweet sams bakery stuff too?? It shows we can sell it but there’s no shelf life given :( I wanna put these cupcakes and cakes out they look so good but Idek the shelf life’s :(
I sent a mysupport on this. My FBD didn’t have an answer either. Just waiting for a response

I have my meat cooler and dairy cooler on lock right now. But freezer. Man does anyone have tips on keeping freezer manageable? Just so much backstock and fill in the backroom

I would say do a purge, then update each location as you backstock whatever doesn’t go out and ensure sto logic is being followed. There should be some type of branding, so to speak, when backstocking. Like all BAKE together or ice cream, pizzas, etc. Then from there, just fill the floor as much as possible. We do man cafs 2-3 times a day, in every fillgroup. After that, recognize what sells and what doesn’t. Play with your bunkers as much as you can to get the excess frozen meat, seafood or just snack stuff that you may find yourself loaded up on. It took us a while to get our frozen right, back room and sales floor. Fill, zone, label/sign, keep Backstock clean (nonexistent, really). Oh and keep those onhands right!

Of course you may have already done all or some of this. This is just what works for me. And it’s all about maintaining. Hope this helps!

Back