Archived Is this something you've seen in stores yet? All freight on wheels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No longer work for Target, but haven't heard about this from anyone I still keep in contact with...

"Increase the amount of freight we receive on each delivery?" There's no way that's true. That's a physical impossibility, what the fuck. lol.

When I was around, DCs couldn't even properly sort repacks by store stock zone, and you expect them to give such accuracy to each personalized store that the team members in the stores are just walking up the aisles once? Why do I think this is bullshit?

On paper, it seemingly has tremendous potential benefits, but it's one of those things where I'm skeptical about the actual rollout and implementation.

I do think this is possible in the sense that it's something that the DC's *could* do, but the reality of the matter is it something they *will* do? You're putting 100% of the sorting process on the DCs, essentially. I can't imagine that's a good idea. Is it possible? Yes. But at what cost to payroll? Lol.

I asked in another thread but is there a reason why freight can't come presorted? Maybe not sorted by isle but maybe a pallet of pets, pallet of diapers, market, etc. I'm sure it's all stored relatively close together at the DC, yes?

I asked in another thread but is there a reason why freight can't come presorted? Maybe not sorted by isle but maybe a pallet of pets, pallet of diapers, market, etc. I'm sure it's all stored relatively close together at the DC, yes?
My dc is 3 hours away

The process is not there yet.
Why not? It seems like they could put 4 or 5 pallets toward the back and as boxes get loaded put p1 items on those instead of the front of the truck. Diapers, paper, bulk plastic even. It shouldn't take that much longer at the DC and wouldn't take up any additional space.

Why not? It seems like they could put 4 or 5 pallets toward the back and as boxes get loaded put p1 items on those instead of the front of the truck. Diapers, paper, bulk plastic even. It shouldn't take that much longer at the DC and wouldn't take up any additional space.
Watch the dc forum, you know it has not happened.

In an effort to show how fast this new system is, they couldn't wait for the dock plate to rise! Just pull that cart over the gap!😄

For a regular size Target, even if they only replenished what was sold the previous day, how many of those carts could you fit on a truck? One of the selling points of this system was one truck could service two stores doing two drops on the same trip. I don't see how that would be possible with the arrangement shown.

In an effort to show how fast this new system is, they couldn't wait for the dock plate to rise! Just pull that cart over the gap!😄

For a regular size Target, even if they only replenished what was sold the previous day, how many of those carts could you fit on a truck? One of the selling points of this system was one truck could service two stores doing two drops on the same trip. I don't see how that would be possible with the arrangement shown.
It wouldn’t my single truck average at 2600-2900 pieces and the doubles which I get now 3 a weeks are 2500-2700 .

It wouldn’t my single truck average at 2600-2900 pieces and the doubles which I get now 3 a weeks are 2500-2700 .
But do we really need these big trucks with so much back stock it takes a good minute just to find an open space for a box. We have just as much back stock as during Christmas time and it’s everywhere

And I thought 2100+ trucks at my store were large. But then again on the last couple of them we have filled 3-4 pallets stacked pretty high with Easter candy. Idk how much candy we can actually sell before Easter

But do we really need these big trucks with so much back stock it takes a good minute just to find an open space for a box. We have just as much back stock as during Christmas time and it’s everywhere
My Backroom is clean and current .

And I thought 2100+ trucks at my store were large. But then again on the last couple of them we have filled 3-4 pallets stacked pretty high with Easter candy. Idk how much candy we can actually sell before Easter

Are you at my store? We have so much Easter candy. I have no idea how they expect it to sell. It's not like there is payroll available to have someone work it out. To salvage it will go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back