Archived Is transfer possible if my ETL denies everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently a cashier, and I keep getting scheduled almost 40 hours per week. I do freelance work from home that I'm starting to get more work from. I've approached my ETL-GE about being scheduled less hours each week. Even though I told him I don't need specific days / times off, and that I could be flexible about what he gives me off, he said there's nothing he can do to change my currently open availability. Is there anything I can do to transfer either to a different work center or even a different store if my ETL-GE always denies everything?

So I keep hearing about cashier's getting 40 hours now which is awesome, but its because they want you to spend more time with guests getting red cards. If you go into EHR you can request an availability change. If it gets denied they should give you a reason as to why. Otherwise I would talk to other etls like maybe see if you can change depts or something. If he doesn't give you a reason explain that you can't work that many due to a second job you have to work but are still flexible with what days/times you do work. I don't see why they wouldn't honestly but if you get push back talk to HR.

Moving to a new store is tricky, generally you have to have HR or STL approve it but they will talk to your ETL to try and keep you.

Second thought: whatever you do, don't threathen to quit unless you plan to. It's retail, turnover rate is already high, they wouldn't have any problems finding somebody to take your spot who would love that many hours.

Have you tried putting your least wanted shifts up on the swap shift board? There really isn't much your ETL can do about you giving up hours that way, and when done repeatedly ETLs sometimes stop scheduling you as much just out of annoyance (or really, as "punishment"). Otherwise, transferring departments or stores are probably things you should discuss with your ETL/SRTL HR. Either is theoretically possible but your ETL sounds like the kind of person who won't make it easy for you.

There really isn't much your ETL can do about you giving up hours that way,
Sure there is; they can deny the swap even if another ETL signs off on it.
Happens at my store with a certain ETL.
If he doesn't want you giving away certain shifts, he'll deny the swap & you'll have to come in or call out.
Enough call-outs & he'll start trying to performance you out.
Talk to your ETL-HR.

Sure there is; they can deny the swap even if another ETL signs off on it.
Happens at my store with a certain ETL.
If he doesn't want you giving away certain shifts, he'll deny the swap & you'll have to come in or call out.
Enough call-outs & he'll start trying to performance you out.
That definitely sounds like an HR issue. :eek: Would he deny it even if the STL approved a swap?
I feel like cashier swaps might be hard even for an ETL like that to deny, though, since performance generally has less variance than more specialized work centers sometimes do. (Not that I think that should matter, since their employing a minimally productive TM isn't the fault of a highly productive TM needing that shift off. :rolleyes:)

Are you under 90 days?

No, I've been at my store for about a year now.

Does he write the schedule or does the gstl or hr?

He told me the "system randomly generates" the schedule and he doesn't control it.

Have you tried putting your least wanted shifts up on the swap shift board? There really isn't much your ETL can do about you giving up hours that way, and when done repeatedly ETLs sometimes stop scheduling you as much just out of annoyance (or really, as "punishment"). Otherwise, transferring departments or stores are probably things you should discuss with your ETL/SRTL HR. Either is theoretically possible but your ETL sounds like the kind of person who won't make it easy for you.

Yeah I've tried giving them away, but most of the cashiers don't want to take any more shifts. I'll talk to my ETL-HR and see if he can help me at all, thanks!

B.s. someone is making edits. Ask HR for help they have to stop punishing those with open availability

Yeah, I found it hard to believe that no one could do anything about it. I'm going to speak with my ETL-HR about it next time I work and see if there's anything he can do.

I'm currently a cashier, and I keep getting scheduled almost 40 hours per week. I do freelance work from home that I'm starting to get more work from. I've approached my ETL-GE about being scheduled less hours each week. Even though I told him I don't need specific days / times off, and that I could be flexible about what he gives me off, he said there's nothing he can do to change my currently open availability. Is there anything I can do to transfer either to a different work center or even a different store if my ETL-GE always denies everything?
Are you over 90 days?

I had to change availability because of 2nd jobs. One of the reasons is because I was working with the local TV station and they gave Target a bunch of press already. But it kind of depends on the store and management.

Make sure you word your reasons for change carefully. School, family, volunteering....2nd employment doesn't always help.

That definitely sounds like an HR issue. :eek: Would he deny it even if the STL approved a swap?
Not the STL but STL seldom gets involved.
This ETL has stepped on the toes of others tho, because of how long he's been here.
Has a reputation for being a bully but gets results so seldom faces consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back