Archived Is your store as Dickensian as mine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayDots

Instocks TM
I'm starting to wonder how many stores' teams are in as desperate a situation as mine seems to be in these days. STLs come and go at the top of a hat. It seems most team members make under $10 per hour, even those have been here for seven or eight years, in an area where the "living wage" is about $14 per hour. And then there's the sporadic hours. Even before MyTime, the entire presentation team might be allotted a total of only 35 hours in a week. Now many people used to stay hours have been dropped down to under 10 hours per week. As a result, most team members either: a) live with relatives who have a steadier income, b) work one or two other jobs to keep up with the bills (and I know this includes our Pricing & Presentation SrTL), or c) are homeless (this includes at least two team members I know of). I've only worked in one other Target store, but that one was a much higher-traffic store and didn't have the same issues. I wonder how common this situation is. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Last edited:
Retail itself is Dickensian.

Unfortunately retail has become the essence of the Scrooge Reality.
Target wasn't the worst and made an effort to be a place people wanted to work but they decided to shitcan that business plan and follow Uncle Wally.
The way your store raised the bar to make it a special corner of hell just indicates the level people will go to in order to make life imitate art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back