Archived Is your store getting a remodel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store is in the process of a major remodel right now. Even the restrooms are being remodeled. The women's restroom is closed right now because they are working on it and women have to use the unisex restroom by the pharmacy.

I thought we were getting a bathroom remodel last autumn, because we had a portapotty trailer outside and I was told by GSA that it was happening. It didn't. I'm currently hearing 2020-21 for our store. :(

A nearby store was remodeled earlier this year and I am so jealous of their checkstands. But they still have the older, beige machines. I'll keep my newer black ones thankyouverymuch.

Yes, we're starting next week!! I'm actually super excited for how everything's gonna look.

We're in the thick of it now. Probably at peak disaster area at the moment. Restrooms have been moved to a trailer outside for the moment, but are supposed to be open next week.

Ours starts later in July, but it's already a mess. We on the POG team have no idea if we are part of it or not. Will we be working 3 months on 3rd? Who knows? We've trained people a total of 5 days each. And Target is scheduling them 5 hours a week until the remodel starts. But when you ask anyone what's going on, they guess. It's so frustrating.

Yup. We start in a few days. I'm crosstraining into Plano and doing a mix of closing Electronics and overnight Plano shifts to help out.

We are 12 weeks into ours. The contractor is about 4 weeks behind schedule. Our new OPU was scheduled to have been done weeks ago and is still being constructed. The new checklanes has not even begun yet. Last week was scheduled to be the last week to begin new construction projects. They forgot to put an A/C vent in one of the new ETL's office. Daily electrical, wifi and phone issues.

Ours is running on schedule, as far as I know. A few things have been delayed by fixtures not arriving or needing to coordinate electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, and construction contractors and stuff like that, but leadership said ours is going about as well as projects that scale can go.

The bakery & deli get shut down for 5 weeks in a couple weeks. That's going to be...fun.

We are 12 weeks into ours. The contractor is about 4 weeks behind schedule. Our new OPU was scheduled to have been done weeks ago and is still being constructed. The new checklanes has not even begun yet. Last week was scheduled to be the last week to begin new construction projects. They forgot to put an A/C vent in one of the new ETL's office. Daily electrical, wifi and phone issues.
:D:cool::D

I heard we are getting a remodel, I think in the beginning of 2019. It's all very secretive, but I do think it's a matter of 'when' and not 'if' for my store at this point.

Yep. We start Monday, and I've switched from Electronics to overnight remodel team/Plano to help out until I start grad school in the Fall. This remodel is paying for me to go to Japan during Winter Break :)

Our remodel starts in another week. We are parking in a different area and soon, I was told, I'll be peeing in a porta potty in the parking lot. Good times!

The restrooms won't be closed for the entire remodel, just a couple weeks or so. We had a trailer, so a bit nicer than porta-potties, but I used the bathroom in the backroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back