It's a PDA, not a gun

Seriously, I get "shot" by people with a PDA about three times a day. I realize that's not too much, but we're adults here. I do realize the PDA is shaped like a gun, but that doesn't necessitate "shooting" people with it.

commiecorvus

Former Signing Ninja
Staff member
Who's an adult here? :)
Have to plead guilty, haven't done it lately but there were a few times when I've 'shot' people.

Formina Sage

Crown stacker champ
Staff member
Administrator
It does bother me when I hear the word "gun" used over the walkie in reference to the PDA.

"Hey, did my pulls drop into the gun?"

As a guest, I'd feel a little uncomfortable hearing the word gun spoken all around the store.

Portable Data Terminal. Think of a device that looks like your PDA but it ONLY runs the "RFApps" stuff. Its an older term for a more single purpose device. It couldn't play mp3s or check your email or chat on MSN like your PDAs could (if they weren't prevented by the firewall!)

Formina Sage

Crown stacker champ
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah the PDT was the precursor to the PDA. Some people still use this legacy term to refer to the new devices.

Pettjm54

Sales floor TL
Portable Data Terminal. Think of a device that looks like your PDA but it ONLY runs the "RFApps" stuff. Its an older term for a more single purpose device. It couldn't play mp3s or check your email or chat on MSN like your PDAs could (if they weren't prevented by the firewall!)
ahh.. I can see clearly now.. thanks!

B

Barcode

??????????

The continuum transfunctioner is a very mysterious and powerful device and it's mystery is exceeded only by it's power.