Archived It's Remodeling Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this their initial remod in Texas? I remember seeing these pics somewhere and similar pics were shown as an example of what we would see so ... yup ... we'll have a version of this for our Market/Pfresh areas. Hopefully, it will be sans balloon fruit.

Edit: it should make our space a bit more efficient while adding more sell areas. Already, we're kinda crowded in our foodie sections.

I've never seen a store completely close down during renovation.
I've heard of two stores doing that though I believe there may have been extenuating circumstances: one was in NJ during the union vote thing. Honestly, I couldn't see them closing one down for more than one day to simply remodel unless there was something drastic - far too much $ would be missed.

We have 8 weeks worth this fall: pfresh, a&a 2.0, sco, home innovation. Why they couldn't kick in electronics e&e I'm not sure. Pfresh isn't being talked about but its on the spreadsheet. Looking forward to a fun time except I think our etl- remodel is a hot mess and wants to bring her entire store to fill those hours...

We have 8 weeks worth this fall: pfresh, a&a 2.0, sco, home innovation. Why they couldn't kick in electronics e&e I'm not sure. Pfresh isn't being talked about but its on the spreadsheet. Looking forward to a fun time except I think our etl- remodel is a hot mess and wants to bring her entire store to fill those hours...

Stores usually choose while partnering with the dtl which remodels they are getting. It's pretty rare to get them all unless you are doing a complete remodel

omg as a GSTM that's amazing there's so much space

Not as amazing as you would think.. It looks like you have room but you have room for one person to do one thing at a time. Any time you have multiple people trying to do stuff? Yeah its a cluster of people crawling over each other since they make the pass by so small you can't. Our guest service counter isn't wheel chair accessible. Well you can wheel in, but turn to face the counter or turn around to get out.. We tried it..

I wish our market area looked like that. We got nice like (probably faux) hardwood floors and the grey walls but everything else is the same

Stores usually choose while partnering with the dtl which remodels they are getting. It's pretty rare to get them all unless you are doing a complete remodel
We thought we'd get electronics last year but got passed by. Our electronics boat is hanging by a couple strips of duct tape... We sell plenty of stuff to justify it over the home innovation our vml will never have time to upkeep.

My store had the remodel earlier this year. It went really smoothly, they pretty much were a week ahead of schedule by week 3 and the overnight team ended up helping with gobacks and truck push quite a bit because of it.

Get ready for a nightmare, A&A 2.0 and Home Innovation are nuts, although we had no outside help, besides our ETL-Remodel. (We are just wrapping up ours).

E&E was a Breeze compared to these two.

I have a question about remodels. Is there a reason why Target does not use local contractors to do the work? The contractors that worked on my store we from a state no where near where I live and work. Why not hire local people and help the local economy?

you don't have pfresh??

I'm almost positive my STL is gonna push to get us everything. We already have the E&E remodel and SCO.

ALLEGEDLY they want to do a full remodel. He told me they want to fully move electronics to the back of the store, which would require moving the entirety of domestics around, move the pharmacy (is that even possible) to the back of the store, which would require moving seasonal (the entire back of our store is domestics / seasonal / home improvement / automotive.

What they need to do is expand the fucking building.

We're tiny. We're running out of backroom room. They need to purchase the parking lot behind the store from county and expand. Only downside is that it'd be more difficult for trucks to get in. I know once we get A&A 2.0 we're gonna have issues storing extra mannequins.

I'm almost positive my STL is gonna push to get us everything. We already have the E&E remodel and SCO.

ALLEGEDLY they want to do a full remodel. He told me they want to fully move electronics to the back of the store, which would require moving the entirety of domestics around, move the pharmacy (is that even possible) to the back of the store, which would require moving seasonal (the entire back of our store is domestics / seasonal / home improvement / automotive.

What they need to do is expand the fucking building.

We're tiny. We're running out of backroom room. They need to purchase the parking lot behind the store from county and expand. Only downside is that it'd be more difficult for trucks to get in. I know once we get A&A 2.0 we're gonna have issues storing extra mannequins.
Wtf would you store mannequins for? They don't get to come down.... oh hell no.

^this and also these cont
Wtf would you store mannequins for? They don't get to come down.... oh hell no.
Our four mannequins are always in the limelight. Marge, Emily, Alexis and Ricardo-Jesus-Juan-Carlos-Cortez (he's our latin dood) are perpetually on display.

^this and also these cont

Our four mannequins are always in the limelight. Marge, Emily, Alexis and Ricardo-Jesus-Juan-Carlos-Cortez (he's our latin dood) are perpetually on display.
We're got a couple dozen now, more for 2.0. There will be no storage of them in the fixture room. I've still got bra busts in storage because the vml is too freaking lazy to put them up. And they hid them from the pog team.

We have stores scheduled for remodels in in 2018-2020

Warwick Mall (Bald Hill Rd), North Attleboro (S. Washington St), and Smithfield (Putnam Pike) are 2018 stores.
Lincoln (George Washington Hwy) is a 2020 store (Their A&A 2.0 is complete)

I was told that the other Warwick store isn't remodeling in 2018-2020 because they remodeled 2013 (5 Years ago so they don't need to remodel right now).

I got photos of the two stores in my area that are remodelling now duruing my latest visits there. I also heard both North Attleboro and Warwick Mall just recieved Background Music which is Amazing.

North Attleboro is expected to complete 2.0 around Mid-Late August and Warwick Mall is expected to be complete around Late August

Smithfield will be getting 2.0 starting around Late August-Mid September 2018. Stay Tuned to that remodel.

I'll be posting images as part of a shared album on Google Photos.

move the pharmacy (is that even possible)

There's a couple SuperTargets in my greater metro area with pharmacy practically in the center of the store. I've also seen several Walmarts do this post-remodel.

We started remodeling like a week ago and I'm already over it. Every day stuff is moved around and it's just a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back