Archived January Wk 1 schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
So loving Branch Messenger app I've got 40 hrs this week and 30 next week because of it. I originally had 22 this week and only 16 next week.

Branch messenger I think is SUPER useful. You can take shifts from home and have all shifts up for the taking at a second's notice.

What is Branch Messenger? And is it widely used? I would love to give up some Electronics shifts.

I've got 17 hours over 3 shifts next week. I'd be happier with maybe 12 hours and 2 days.

What is Branch Messenger? And is it widely used? I would love to give up some Electronics shifts.

I've got 17 hours over 3 shifts next week. I'd be happier with maybe 12 hours and 2 days.

Theres a thread about it on the front page.

The pilot started at 10 stores in Minnesota and they expanded it to about 100 in several states now. So far so good.

Theres a thread about it on the front page.

The pilot started at 10 stores in Minnesota and they expanded it to about 100 in several states now. So far so good.
My store may have been one of the first, we've had it for a bit now.

I know ASNTS but how does scheduling work. I have don't have open availability but I do have it pretty opened. I just can't survive on 30 hours a week. There are people who consistent get 40 and they are not a team lead to get insurance. I had to file for obama care this year because I dont qualify with hours. I applied for a second job but I rather move up at Target. I may have to get another full time job if something doesn't get better for me.

21 hours on the newest shedule ugh

And it's 5 days so basically little to no chance of picking up hours.

My mom is looking into giving me a part time job with her at least. Filing papers for 12/hr a couple times a week sounds nice.

My mom is looking into giving me a part time job with her at least. Filing papers for 12/hr a couple times a week sounds nice.

Let the LOD know you are willing to extend, sound like you have a bunch of short shifts.

That stinks! When an employer wants you to show up for 5 days, they really should give you a FULL check for 40 hours, not HALF a check.

Cutting hours/letting seasonals go, especially the good ones, while still hiring new people makes no sense.

I was chatting with a couple other TMs while putting away reshop earlier today. We heard "TL, your interviewee is waiting for you in the office."

We all looked at each other, very visibly upset and confused.

Our hours are so volatile right now. Don't tell us that payroll is tight, add more people, and then act like you don't understand why half of your long-timers are looking for new jobs.

I know ASNTS but how does scheduling work. I have don't have open availability but I do have it pretty opened. I just can't survive on 30 hours a week. There are people who consistent get 40 and they are not a team lead to get insurance. I had to file for obama care this year because I dont qualify with hours. I applied for a second job but I rather move up at Target. I may have to get another full time job if something doesn't get better for me.

Asants is spot on but if you dont have open availability you are typically screwed this time of year unless you are plano pricing or some other key position.

Typically when we write the schedule we are trying to meet coverage graphs. Lets say your store is dead until noon, then gets busy as hell from 3 to 8 pm. Well if you are only available 7 am to 4 pm you are not going to get very many hours.

The issue is team members typically fall into two categories. Those who can open and those who can work all day. Everyone wants to open and work monday thru friday but there are so few hours to go around then and TLs get quite a few of these shifts.

For people to get any decent amount of hours they have to be willing to close and work weekends. Thats just how it is.

At my store we are really busy mid day and early evening. So the people who can close get 3 or 4 pm to 11 shifts pretty regularly while those who can only open fight for whats left.

Fwiw you did pretty good with 30 hours. If you need 40 every week Target is not the best job imo unless you are in an essential position like tps, pmt that gets the same hours every week.

Last edited:
I can't imagine trying to survive on Target alone as a TM. I work another, full time M-F 40 hour week job ($17.50/hr) and still need my 20 hours at Target to just stay afloat. 'Course I have kids and that changes things but still. My Target hours are consistent though bc with another job, I can only close. And like HRZone said, most people don't want that shift so I'm the closer...everytime I'm scheduled...even on weekends.

19.5 hours for the week... the down time is good for me but not necessarily the workload. We'll have to get creative to make it work.

I can't imagine trying to survive on Target alone as a TM. I work another, full time M-F 40 hour week job ($17.50/hr) and still need my 20 hours at Target to just stay afloat. 'Course I have kids and that changes things but still. My Target hours are consistent though bc with another job, I can only close. And like HRZone said, most people don't want that shift so I'm the closer...everytime I'm scheduled...even on weekends.

Props to you for doing 60 hour weeks. We have a flow guy who works 11 to 330 then goes straight to another job from 5 to 1. Single dad, I admire you guys for it.

I only have 16hrs. I'm hoping that they aren't staying strict to that because if I can turn those 4hr shifts into 8hr shifts I can get 32hrs.

I have 40 hrs next week and 34 the next ...
but why give 8 hrs shift to a new hire and only 6 for me ? ( same day , same starting time -same workcenter ? )
And as usual I will stay late ...

I have 40 hrs next week and 34 the next ...
but why give 8 hrs shift to a new hire and only 6 for me ? ( same day , same starting time -same workcenter ? )
And as usual I will stay late ...

At my store while seasonals get fewer hours we do give them a bone.

I bet that seasonal who is longer than you only has 1 or 2 shifts

To give all the regulars 40 and seasonals 4 to 6 is not fair. We are giving our regulars 30-35 and our seasons 8-16

I only have 16hrs. I'm hoping that they aren't staying strict to that because if I can turn those 4hr shifts into 8hr shifts I can get 32hrs.

Your store may be different but because payroll resets each month we rarely let people extend the first two weeks. If we make sales and have flex hours we will add payroll weeks 3 and 4.

Asants is spot on but if you dont have open availability you are typically screwed this time of year unless you are plano pricing or some other key position.

Typically when we write the schedule we are trying to meet coverage graphs. Lets say your store is dead until noon, then gets busy as hell from 3 to 8 pm. Well if you are only available 7 am to 4 pm you are not going to get very many hours.

The issue is team members typically fall into two categories. Those who can open and those who can work all day. Everyone wants to open and work monday thru friday but there are so few hours to go around then and TLs get quite a few of these shifts.

For people to get any decent amount of hours they have to be willing to close and work weekends. Thats just how it is.

At my store we are really busy mid day and early evening. So the people who can close get 3 or 4 pm to 11 shifts pretty regularly while those who can only open fight for whats left.

Fwiw you did pretty good with 30 hours. If you need 40 every week Target is not the best job imo unless you are in an essential position like tps, pmt that gets the same hours every week.
I work on flow, and in order to get hours I usually have to work a split shift, with the split being usually a closing shift which is until 11p, then have to turn around and be back at 4a

Last edited:
At my store while seasonals get fewer hours we do give them a bone.

I bet that seasonal who is longer than you only has 1 or 2 shifts

To give all the regulars 40 and seasonals 4 to 6 is not fair. We are giving our regulars 30-35 and our seasons 8-16
Guess again ...
I have less hours than the seasonal , he has 36 !
So yeah , I am getting a little peeve about it ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back