Archived January Wk 1 schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got 36! I was happily surprised because I was hired back in September as seasonal softlines, but I guess I've done enough to stay on. It also helps that one regular switched to presentation and two other regulars got promoted to brand. But other seasonals did go down to 20 and less which they were pretty mad about.

AFAIK, Target does not hire seasonal TMs in September. Either way, once you pass your 90-days, you're safe from sudden termination.

AFAIK, Target does not hire seasonal TMs in September. Either way, once you pass your 90-days, you're safe from sudden termination.

ASANTS maybe? I'm not sure, but I know mine hired just 4 seasonals (2 softlines, 2 flow) in Sep. and then hired 50+ people in Oct.. While I was originally told my seasonal position would be 90 days, ending 12/16, hr came to me in Nov. telling me that target was actually extending the seasonal time to 120+ days, and my seasonal position wouldn't be over til sometime in march.

That changed this year. We hired some seasonals in September as well.

The seasonal period switched from 90 days to 165. After 165 days have passed they become automatically regular employees.

I noticed on the schedule that shifts are still being given to seasonal hires while the regulars have cuts in hours.

Could mean

A) the seasonals are going to be kept
B) they are ghost shifts and the seasonals will be termed this week and the shifts put up on the board.

While our regulars had their hours cut, our seasonals are getting one shift a week for now. Some seasonals went from 40 to 8 hours. Our regulars went from 40 to 28 so meh, challenging all around.

What does it mean if a seasonal gets a shift during the 1st week of January in a department they have never worked in before?

What does it mean if a seasonal gets training shifts during the 1st week of January in a department they have never worked in before?

What does it mean if a seasonal gets a shift during the 1st week of January in a department they have never worked in before?

What does it mean if a seasonal gets training shifts during the 1st week of January in a department they have never worked in before?

Could be a ghost shift for someone else if they are letting you go. They could be keeping you. IDK

when. is. my. store. going. to. release. the. god. dam. fucking. schedule. already. seriously. what. the. actual. fuck. is. taking. so. fucking. long.

So loving Branch Messenger app I've got 40 hrs this week and 30 next week because of it. I originally had 22 this week and only 16 next week.

I work New Years Day ( not too thrilled about that one) I had a party to attend to and while everyone is drinking I'll be the responsible one because I can't find anyone to work for me on New Year's Day ( everyone else is having a party) and good luck calling in that won't go over. My hours for the week of the 1st are really good though ( minus the New Years dilemma)

9.5 hrs - actually looking forward to taking a break from the insanity. Working a full time job plus part-time at Target doesn't leave much family/relaxing time.

Branch messenger I think is SUPER useful. You can take shifts from home and have all shifts up for the taking at a second's notice.

I'm looking to be taking a Hardlines shift and I hope I'm allowed to take it. Person I wanna take it from usually does cosmetics or whatever and I talked to a TL and they said "possibly" if it's just a Hardlines shift.

They were supposed to talk to the same TL but never heard back. Fingers still crossed lol, really wanna get into Hardlines and be that one guy that can do everything. I saw a new Hardlines shift posted but that happens to be on one of the two days I'm actually working, damnit.

Cashier, Carts, SCO, Hardlines. Maybe if I talk to my GSTL they'll be able to help me achieve this.

Many of you act surprised. This happens every year for at least the past 10/15 years. Obviously, it shows that Target does not consider high turn over a priority as many TMs will start to look elsewhere. SOS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back