Archived Jewelry Boat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just told that I was going to be in charge of the Jewelry department (no real title, just that the my TLs like what I am doing in the dept). However, the lady that was in charged before (she got hurt and we do not know when she will back); left the boat a mess, no really organize for the watches or jewelry, extra and non need fixtures in the case (we have the cloaked case). So my question is what organization should I use for the boat and/or watches? This do not just apply for this department; what organize tips and tricks do you like in the areas that you work in.

Also, what advice do you guys have so that I can run this dept more smoothly?

Thanks

I have no idea how bad your instock is but I do remember one of the best things my previous ETL-softlines did was place backroom locations in the locked cabinets so that when items were scanned 0 or purchased the backroom would pull them. So instocks was maintained regularly there ASSUMING some zoning happened there.

Organize the fixtures by type, toss out any that are unneeded. See if a sister store needs any extras, but I've noticed a lot of the fixtures for the new open top are more robust. Make sure deliveries are being worked out, and if you have the spare time and the LMS vendor is ok with it, work out the costume if you can. The more time the product is on the floor the better the sales will be in that department. YES, it is technically the LMS vendors product, BUT if you want to drive sales you have to take the initiative as they are only given specific amount of hours per week depending on store volume. I worked for them, and only got 2 shifts a week at my store.

Defect, repackage, and get the less than stellar stuff out fast. Accessories will be your biggest headache so make sure to hold onto scarf hangers like they are gold. PTM, and backstock any excessive product so that fullness, and shopability, can be maintained. This is so key, the department will be a nightmare if it's overpacked and not zoned consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back