Job Posting

Does anyone know if it is required to post for back up positions? Or can anyone just randomly be selected by the OM? I thought I would know the answer, but it seems that lately new random people are training to backup clericals, icqa, and problem solvers without any posting. When I asked, OM said business need and development. Problem is, the other backups are also still in place. The way they’re going, over half the team will be “backup”. Do you think they are hand selecting a talent pool for the next wave of merit postings?

Posting the position is a requirement, even if they’ve already decided who they want and are just treating it as a formality.
Having too many backups for a position is counterproductive for development.

My building only posts backup spots for yard coordinator spots. Everything else like clericals and backup LWW are just chosen by OMs.

Does anyone know if it is required to post for back up positions? Or can anyone just randomly be selected by the OM? I thought I would know the answer, but it seems that lately new random people are training to backup clericals, icqa, and problem solvers without any posting. When I asked, OM said business need and development. Problem is, the other backups are also still in place. The way they’re going, over half the team will be “backup”. Do you think they are hand selecting a talent pool for the next wave of merit postings?
Pick me! Pick me!

I believe there's a limit to how many backups you can have, HQs published a Network Organization Health that dictates how many % of the population must be in every job function about a year ago.

Every backup positions are now suppose to be posted on Workday.

Back