Archived Jumping levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

doxie71

Former Perishables Assistant
So I've been a TM at Target for about 4 months now. Consistently recognized as a top performer in this time, all my TLs and most of the ETLs seem to all really like me and are always glad to see me at work.

Now in searching for jobs actually related to my degree that I have, I have come across an opening for ETL at another store in my area. How uncommon/unheard of would it be for me to apply and jump from TL to ETL?

I have a bachelor's degree, will be starting on my master's in a few weeks. I've worked retail for just about forever...

And would I have to let my ETL-HR know I was interested? Or could I just apply for it?

Not really sure if I would apply, just wondering what my chances would be if I attempted it.

Guess I'm just worried about pissing people at my store off. They like me at the moment & I'm getting a lot of hours.

Would I have to apply through eHR or can I do it through the Target site?

So I've been a TM at Target for about 4 months now. Consistently recognized as a top performer in this time, all my TLs and most of the ETLs seem to all really like me and are always glad to see me at work.

Now in searching for jobs actually related to my degree that I have, I have come across an opening for ETL at another store in my area. How uncommon/unheard of would it be for me to apply and jump from TL to ETL?

I have a bachelor's degree, will be starting on my master's in a few weeks. I've worked retail for just about forever...

And would I have to let my ETL-HR know I was interested? Or could I just apply for it?

Not really sure if I would apply, just wondering what my chances would be if I attempted it.
Apply for it.

Its a bit rare to jump from TM to ETL. Usually for in-store promotions, they want you to have so much experience as a TL and SrTL before going to ETL. But its not impossible. Most new hire ETLs come in recruited straight from college or have some kind of managing experience at other retailers. So look for any recruiting events by Target.

Just remember that Target now looks for ETL hires with some sort of Business/Marketing/related field, if thats what your studying.

I would not inform anyone at your store of your intentions unless they ask you about it or you give notice. Stores have been known to understate the accomplishments of their TMs and hire externally just so that they don't have to replace them.

My undergrad degree is in Sport Management (basically business degree but how the business of sports is run) and I had a minor in business administration. My Masters Degree is in Journalism and Mass Communication, focusing mainly on PR.

I wasn't sure if they would get some sort of message that I had applied for this position, hence why I was a little hesitant.

If you get called up for interviews, you might be interviewed by one of your ETLs or the DTL might call your store about you.

Just vamp your resume and application to include anything and everything about your Target employment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back