Archived June, AKA BEST MONTH EVER!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustJoe

"Can you go to 3, please?" *Turns off walkie*
First, our softlines ETL got rotated to another store and our hardlines ETL came back from LOA (AE14 makes her the new ETL-Salesfloor), and today our STL announces that he is resigning at the end of the month.

Downside of all of this is we will get a new STL that we aren't familiar with. Upside could be that the new STL could be a reasonable person and a great leader.

Almost sounds like my store although its been alot longer than a month but in the past year and a half weve had 2 STLs transferred out had an ETL transfer out of state lost another ETL who just lost it and walked out and got a ETL transfer to us 1 TL stepped down 1 TL "pursued some other opportunities" and another TL resigned and we now have a TL about to transfer out of store again...this is all not to mention all the shifting around that has been going on i was promoted to TL the same time all of this started i filled in for the TL that stepped down and then weve had 2 TLs change positions 1 tm on the bench promoted and then with all of thisssss..... we still need to get rid of one more GSTL according to AE14 o_O

It seems like each STL is worse than the last one. Also, my store did some shuffling and brought in 2 ETLs, but head count says we should have only brought in 1. Not sure what they're planning.

In the last yr we've had a complete turnover of all our ETLs except one.
SO looking forward to Q4.....

In the last yr we've had a complete turnover of all our ETLs except one.
SO looking forward to Q4.....
As of the end of the month there will only be one ETL in my store that was in their current role before I was hired.... 17 months ago.

we're over by three ETL's right now and i'm anxiously awaiting to see what will happen. I know for sure i'm getting a new ETL and i'm crossing my fingers it's an ETL in my store. Rumor has it our ETL-Softlines will be moving and she's fantastic so i hope it's true! She's the type who will show up at 4am if works need to be done and will stay until close even when it's not her night to help out if they are short.

JUNE:

Also known as callout month....I cant even count how many callouts we have had the last week...its begining to be a joke about how many people will call out today. ALSO....couple TLs on Vacation and STL leaving.....along with CTL no longer being in role...SUCH FUN!!!!

Yeah between callouts and a GSTM quitting for a new job and another TM being scheduled outside his very stringent availability to cover their shifts, my store had nobody at guest services at all today. The opening service desk was also a GSA so she came in early, did CO, then ran the whole front, then I came in to close and had to run around like a chicken with my head cut off all night. We also no longer have any actual sales floor hours for zoning. All they do is push CAFs and do 4x4s.

They call out anytime its nice out or a big party at my store. Had 9 just on saturday. There isn't a etl left that has been at my store when we opened 4 years ago. Even the stl is new. Not one of the etls are worth anything. Giving the STL time before I form an opinion. But it looks promising.

During my time with Target our store had our ETL-Log promoted to STL, STL promoted, ETL-Softlines fired for stealing, ETL-GE fired for performance, another ETL-GE went on LOA then quit, another ETL-Softlines quit because it wasn't her passion, an ETL-Replen. quit after 6 years (received a bad review, not because he didn't do well but because the STL didn't like him), ETL-AP went back to school after snapping on TMs (ex-military so I understand), new ETL-Log left after 11 months for government job (that's me), and the new STL quit so she can have a family. This all happened within 12 months. And this is only at the Executive or higher level, TLs transitioned even more. I feel bad for the TMs having to deal with new leadership all the time. ETLs may seem to get paid well but after putting in 50+ hours a week in a store that is always transitioning, the stress becomes too much for the little pay, especially if you have a family. I spent more time away on a daily basis with Target than I did in the military.

If you can find a similar paying, slightly less, or higher paying job, with only 40 hours a week, take it.

Going to remain vague in my location (District) but where I'm at the ETL's/TL's/STL's are dropping like flies.....It's getting ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back