Happy Disability Pride Month, everyone! ⚫️💙💛🤍❤️💚⚫️

PeaceLuvDuh24

☮️❤️😏🏪
If anyone has something to share it with, please post a feedback. I, for instance, have autism 🧩, ADHD 🧠 and auditory processing disorder 👂. It makes it difficult for me to interact with friends and coworkers, and to get the job done sometimes but I’m a brave person who doesn’t let his disabilities get in his way to accomplish things.

disability-pride-month.gif

Epilepsy, ADHD, Anxiety, and Clinical Depression.
Not brave, mostly stubborn and not very bright, so that I kept working even when my arms started going dead from carpal tunnel and trigger fingers
I didn't get them fixed until it was way too late so I also have hand tremors from nerve damage.
I work for DVR and know a little bit about helping folks with disabilities.

Last edited:
disability-pride-month.gif

Epilepsy, ADHD, Anxiety, and Clinical Depression.
Not brave, mostly stubborn and not very bright, so that I kept working even when my arms started going dead from carpal tunnel and trigger fingers
I didn't get them fixed until it was way too late so I also have hand tremors from nerve damage.
I work for DVR and know a little bit about helping folks with disabilities.
Is it possible that an ETL from hell doesn’t give a damn to be aware if her workers are disabled or not?

Is it possible that an ETL from hell doesn’t give a damn to be aware if her workers are disabled or not?

There are a number of options, some worse that others.

1) You could be absolutely right.
She doesn't have any desire to know if someone has a disability.
Knowing that means she has to show some amount of empathy and decency.
She has work to do and doesn't have time for that. Plus, it would add to her workload if they need any kind of accommodation.
So she intentionally does not want to know.

2) She had close family that has a disability (or they do) and they do just fine (or they would prefer nobody know about it).
So she filters everything about disability through that experience.
She doesn't care that the way each person deals with their disabilities and their needs for dealing with are radically different.
Her experience, while valid for her, cannot be applied universally to everyone but she's doing it anyway.

3) The very idea of disabilities makes her extremely uncomfortable and she rather not deal with it at all.
This one is super tough and maybe the worst of the lot.
There is a very fine line between someone who is uncomfortable who might change if given the right kind of exposure and someone who has internalized it becoming a bigoted asshole.
I had to deal with this one when I was Target.
A little while after the HR-ETL took over running the store from the guy who had been running things got promoted to DM (he was gruff but really good at the job), she saw me have a seizure.
She tried to demote me from the signing position to the plano team for my 'safety'.
I fought it using the ADA and won.
She performanced me out.
She also wouldn't deal with our one deaf employee.

4) Various combination of these three at the same time.

To protect my anonymity I won't list specific diagnoses, but yes, I am a disabled people. My bundle of conditions both impairs and avails me in different aspects of my job.

cringe cringe cringe

we call this trend of taking pride in your disorders "toxic positivity". I have ADHD and dyscalculia, but the whole point of having them is that you're not supposed to have them and should be suppressing them to the greatest extent possible. They're bad things, that's why they're called disorders.

quick summary of having ADHD is that you constantly piss people off by forgetting things, easily become overwhelmed by too much of a thing at a time, focusing is a nightmare, etc. It's really fun and cool to live life just one notch above clinical brain death lol/lmao

quick summary of having dyscalculia is that you can't do math in your head. No mental math means no degree, no degree means I am fated to die homeless in a dumpster behind a McDonalds. Fun stuff, especially when you google for aid and assistance programs and it's all .gov.uk shit. NICE.

yes I am quite proud of the fact that I have the attention span of a goldfish and the career prospects of a felon, my pronouns are hurr/durr

cringe cringe cringe

we call this trend of taking pride in your disorders "toxic positivity". I have ADHD and dyscalculia, but the whole point of having them is that you're not supposed to have them and should be suppressing them to the greatest extent possible. They're bad things, that's why they're called disorders.

quick summary of having ADHD is that you constantly piss people off by forgetting things, easily become overwhelmed by too much of a thing at a time, focusing is a nightmare, etc. It's really fun and cool to live life just one notch above clinical brain death lol/lmao

quick summary of having dyscalculia is that you can't do math in your head. No mental math means no degree, no degree means I am fated to die homeless in a dumpster behind a McDonalds. Fun stuff, especially when you google for aid and assistance programs and it's all .gov.uk shit. NICE.

yes I am quite proud of the fact that I have the attention span of a goldfish and the career prospects of a felon, my pronouns are hurr/durr
Butbutbut how else are people without disabilities going to weaponize their virtue against one another if not by using people with disabilities as props?

There are a number of options, some worse that others.

1) You could be absolutely right.
She doesn't have any desire to know if someone has a disability.
Knowing that means she has to show some amount of empathy and decency.
She has work to do and doesn't have time for that. Plus, it would add to her workload if they need any kind of accommodation.
So she intentionally does not want to know.

2) She had close family that has a disability (or they do) and they do just fine (or they would prefer nobody know about it).
So she filters everything about disability through that experience.
She doesn't care that the way each person deals with their disabilities and their needs for dealing with are radically different.
Her experience, while valid for her, cannot be applied universally to everyone but she's doing it anyway.

3) The very idea of disabilities makes her extremely uncomfortable and she rather not deal with it at all.
This one is super tough and maybe the worst of the lot.
There is a very fine line between someone who is uncomfortable who might change if given the right kind of exposure and someone who has internalized it becoming a bigoted asshole.
I had to deal with this one when I was Target.
A little while after the HR-ETL took over running the store from the guy who had been running things got promoted to DM (he was gruff but really good at the job), she saw me have a seizure.
She tried to demote me from the signing position to the plano team for my 'safety'.
I fought it using the ADA and won.
She performanced me out.
She also wouldn't deal with our one deaf employee.

4) Various combination of these three at the same time.
I like you. You really are cool 😎.

cringe cringe cringe

Can someone please tell me if this is sarcasm or not? I honestly can't tell.

Hw does have a good point. Im on a reddit sub for people with bipolar disorder. There are the people who refuse medication because they cant feel emotions as strongly while on medication - thats the point - and dont care about effects on family/friends. They celebrate the bad.

On the kids side if i hear one more person say autism is juat personality, its not a disorder, its not disabling, yall are going to have to bail me out or sit on my jury.

We need fixing. We have major impairments with daily living, whether that daily living be something physical, mental or social. Rather than celebrate our impairments as if they are virtues we need to fix them to obtain the best quality independent lives we can get.

What I want to know is where are the tshirts spot? You make tshirts for other important topics where's Pride Disability Month T's?
No, I don’t make t-shirts for other topics and for this topic, and again, Pride Disability Month T’s are usually located in RedBubble and TeePublic. I’m sorry, I’m just being honest, all I can do is Tweet and post comments on YouTube. In other words, just ask your team leader or your HR.

Last edited:
At my current job I have a coworker whom I just emailed corporate about via the ethics hotline on account of him being a time-thieving shit weasel, and my fingers are crossed that they will soon be casting his ass into the outer darkness

This kid is 20, has the 'tism rolled into Aspergers, has never bathed in his life and is surrounded at all times by a sickly green miasma reminiscent of Limburger cheese rolled into cat shit. My hackles were raised specifically because he bamboozled store management with some sob story about "abloo abloo I got the tism I can't help it" meaning he exploits the disability accommodations to the max so he can take 45 minute paid breaks in the restroom watching Twitch streams on his god damn phone, which he is never not dicking around on on company time. That's literally not how legitimate impairments work and this stinky little fucker knows it. There is no learning disorder or mental condition which makes you specifically and selectively forget that dicking around on your phone on the clock isn't allowed. His actual impairment is his ability to give a fuck. At the end of the day, he's going to do whatever he feels he's entitled to do and not do anything he doesn't want to do if he can get away with it. Add in some deliberate lying to garner sympathy and here we are. Truly sky high levels of cringe we're dealing with here. I'd bet my last dollar (if I hadn't already spent it) that his bedroom at home is a filthy disgusting pigsty with piles of garbage and skid-marked underwear strewn absolutely everywhere with the only clean spot being his PC desk where he plays League of Legends and Fortnite 16+ hours a day

not sure what type of T-shirt would be appropriate here but you can bet he'd either wear it for 60 days straight and/or use it for a jizz rag..............as much as I h8 2 have 2 debunk OP's thread in such a gruesome manner, somebody's gotta do it

What I want to know is where are the tshirts spot? You make tshirts for other important topics where's Pride Disability Month T's?
I’m so sorry, I thought you ignored my answer to your question and that you posted another comment. It was just a misunderstanding. So, I’m sorry for that message.

Back