Juneteenth

I didn't say they did. But if a tl isn't scheduled that day they'll still get paid..
That’s one of the perks of being a TL. While there may not be a ton of perks, getting paid holidays is one of them. If there wasn’t a benefit why would anyone want to move up? Also with the newest update of the minimum going to $15 many TL’s don’t get to see a raise so to get one extra paid holiday is something. Something small but something. Lol

I don't think the TL pay is a big issue, but imagine how the PR would have been different if Target had been blunt and transparent with it's announcement, e.g. "Our hourly TM's will receive time and a half for working on Juneteenth and store level management will be eligible for a paid holiday."

I don't think the TL pay is a big issue, but imagine how the PR would have been different if Target had been blunt and transparent with it's announcement, e.g. "Our hourly TM's will receive time and a half for working on Juneteenth and store level management will be eligible for a paid holiday."

But...the PR announcement basically said just that:

While all stores and distribution centers will remain open, hourly team members who work on June 19 will be paid time and a half. All eligible Target team members have the option to take the day off with full pay. Headquarters offices will be closed in observance.

Aside from not naming ETL & TLs specifically as "eligible", they were pretty straightforward about what paid holiday means in the Target world.

ETLs and above get a "comp" day. I was told they were encouraged to take off the day of or day before/after and reflect or take part in something promoting social justice.

But...the PR announcement basically said just that:

Aside from not naming ETL & TLs specifically as "eligible", they were pretty straightforward about what paid holiday means in the Target world.
I mean, the general public isn't aware that only management gets the paid holidays. It's purposely vague so they can look fauxgressive.

Back