Archived Just Another Thread About Raises...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is like the 50th thread regarding raises and merit increases and promotions and blah blah blah... Please bear with me.

I was a Guest Service TM from March 2011 to Feb 2012. I then got promoted to GSA in Feb 2012. I got $.50 when promoted.

On my annual review, everything was EX. I was expecting a decent %..because as far as I'm informed - merit and pay grades differ.

As my ETL was going over my stuff, I saw EX, EX, EX and thought wow, this is going to be great!(My GSTL wrote the interview - however my ETL is helping give them as we are a GSTL short at the moment). All of the comments were saying junk about how I'm excelling as a GSA and I should keep going within Target and I'm starting to gain respect from TLs.

Now for the point of the thread. My merit increase was 0.00%... I asked why and she said because of the $.50 I got as GSA promotion, it calculates to 0.00%. She also said if I have an issue to talk to my ETL-HR.

This happen to anyone else? I understand payroll is tight all around the company. But seriously. I make under $8.20 as a GSA... I'm not one to complain about added responsibility, I knew what I was getting in to when I accepted the role.

I was seriously livid when walking out of the office. I don't know if my ETL could tell as I usually don't show emotion but I was almost ready to walk out the door... Am I right to react this way?

I'm going to go in to speak to my HR tomorrow - any thoughts please?

So this is like the 50th thread regarding raises and merit increases and promotions and blah blah blah... Please bear with me.

I was a Guest Service TM from March 2011 to Feb 2012. I then got promoted to GSA in Feb 2012. I got $.50 when promoted.

On my annual review, everything was EX. I was expecting a decent %..because as far as I'm informed - merit and pay grades differ.

As my ETL was going over my stuff, I saw EX, EX, EX and thought wow, this is going to be great!(My GSTL wrote the interview - however my ETL is helping give them as we are a GSTL short at the moment). All of the comments were saying junk about how I'm excelling as a GSA and I should keep going within Target and I'm starting to gain respect from TLs.

Now for the point of the thread. My merit increase was 0.00%... I asked why and she said because of the $.50 I got as GSA promotion, it calculates to 0.00%. She also said if I have an issue to talk to my ETL-HR.

This happen to anyone else? I understand payroll is tight all around the company. But seriously. I make under $8.20 as a GSA... I'm not one to complain about added responsibility, I knew what I was getting in to when I accepted the role.

I was seriously livid when walking out of the office. I don't know if my ETL could tell as I usually don't show emotion but I was almost ready to walk out the door... Am I right to react this way?

I'm going to go in to speak to my HR tomorrow - any thoughts please?

Wow, I am in the exact same situation, just promoted to GSA last month from service desk. I haven't gotten my review yet; with this news I am dreading it! Let us know what your HR says, I didn't think they could do that?

I do not see what your promotion in feb 2012 has to do with your review for 2011,if anything you should get a bigger increase as it reflects how well you did your job for that year.I had something similar a few years back and they said that I was getting zero increase,I went to HR and argued we were talking about different review years and I was entitled to my increase and they realised I was right and I got my full pay increase.

I do not see what your promotion in feb 2012 has to do with your review for 2011,if anything you should get a bigger increase as it reflects how well you did your job for that year.I had something similar a few years back and they said that I was getting zero increase,I went to HR and argued we were talking about different review years and I was entitled to my increase and they realised I was right and I got my full pay increase.

Yup... I'm going to say if I step down from GSA to a PG5 if I will get my merit increase. If so, it'll be just about the same rate...and if they say yes I'm probably going to just do that...

Talk to your HR ASAP! I promoted to GSA in January, and received a merit increase at added on to my GSA pay.

Your HR has to speak to their HR Business Partner to get this approved and retro paid to you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back