Archived Just curious. How many TL in the back room do you guys have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too think BRTL’s are on the “chopping block” From what I’ve seen they’re becoming the new Consumables TL’s, SFS TL’s or just Flow TL’s.

With E2E, the "theory" is that we are all responsible for our backstock, right??? But that's just being responsible for the product. "Someone" (BRTL) still needs to be responsible for the BACKROOM. It would be a complete and total CF without the BRTL. I hope Spot sees the value and importance that role plays.

Yes still have an offsite, and more than likely will continue to have it. Just to much merchandise to be backstock l at the store.

Last edited:
Yes still have an offsite, and more than likely will continue to have it. Just to much merchandise to be snackstocl at the store.
Are they able to trap transition and send it to the offsite backroom? That'd be a dream to be able to send transition to the offsite backroom to be sorted and wrapped, then you get it when you need it. Is the offsite backroom similar to a normal backroom (meaning bulk space and light duty type shelving)? So much curiosity!

That’s exactly how it is . Transition seasonal , bts and all the other are sent to offsite gets sorted and all . And yes is like the backroom just with more bulk space and aisles . No perishable, chem, paper , come,hba,pharm or pets over there tho. Ahhh no electronics either.

A day at the Offsite . These is how I get my backstock pallets.

Attachments

• 16A08E2B-08F2-4472-8E8E-CE37729554CE.jpeg
    16A08E2B-08F2-4472-8E8E-CE37729554CE.jpeg
    1,010.7 KB · Views: 77
Yes. No guest , no flex no etls asking for things. Just me and my army

With E2E, the "theory" is that we are all responsible for our backstock, right??? But that's just being responsible for the product. "Someone" (BRTL) still needs to be responsible for the BACKROOM. It would be a complete and total CF without the BRTL. I hope Spot sees the value and importance that role plays.
I hear you in regards to the "theory" of E2E but with some stores, executing e2e in regards to ACCOUNTABILITY, that's not always the case. Granted yes in a nutshell simply speaking, e2e makes Everyone Global and we all can pretty much work any workcenter or do anything with the exception of a few specific areas. But as I'm sure you've seen @sprinklesontop and other people have seen at their said stores, it doesn't always pan out like that. Honestly what I have seen lately with the last two stores I've worked at, They had a BRTL, a Backroom team captain, (possibly someone being developed for a TL position) and of course either the ETL replen or for smaller stores the LOG or the OPS.

Let's be honest, Backroom needs no BIG supervision. Unless you specifically have workers who are absolutely worthless, to be in the Backrooms, you have to know what you're doing.

Ohh i know. And I also know offsite is not going anywhere for us .

We haven’t had a backroom team member at all this year, let alone a team lead. Modernization started years ago here.

We haven’t had a backroom team member at all this year, let alone a team lead. Modernization started years ago here.

I'm fascinated by this. We're still hanging onto our BRTL and only one brtm. They're the ones who get control of the red metrics when the rest of us screw it up. :oops: They are the ones who make sense of stocking/storing/palletizing all the big transition merch like Seasonal, BTS, Xmas Toys, Opalhouse, now Made by Design. They pull the backroom clearance..... because we don't have a dedication PC Team anymore.

Our Flow TL is focused on truck unload (metered) and the Team getting merch to the floor. He does not monitor any backroom responsibilities.

@Mrlogistics , Does your LogETL spend a lot of time focused on Backroom?

(Maybe the backroom is our last phase of E2E, and we're not quite there yet. While I don't spend much time in the backroom..... I like to know how this can/should operate.)

I'm fascinated by this. We're still hanging onto our BRTL and only one brtm. They're the ones who get control of the red metrics when the rest of us screw it up. :oops: They are the ones who make sense of stocking/storing/palletizing all the big transition merch like Seasonal, BTS, Xmas Toys, Opalhouse, now Made by Design. They pull the backroom clearance..... because we don't have a dedication PC Team anymore.

Our Flow TL is focused on truck unload (metered) and the Team getting merch to the floor. He does not monitor any backroom responsibilities.

@Mrlogistics , Does your LogETL spend a lot of time focused on Backroom?

(Maybe the backroom is our last phase of E2E, and we're not quite there yet. While I don't spend much time in the backroom..... I like to know how this can/should operate.)

Our ETL Log spends almost no time in the backroom. All of our ETLs spend a large majority of their time on the floor leading guest service and active selling. Each department owns their entire backroom, price change, and everything. It definitely didn’t happen overnight and still some work to do. But two years ago I would have laughed if someone told me all of this was going on and BRLA was consistently over 98.5

@allnew2 Your store Still Has an off-site??? Wow I really thought they had gotten rid of them no matter the volume of your store.
I’d bet money that they have them in Hawaii due to the way they receive freight.

Our ETL Log spends almost no time in the backroom. All of our ETLs spend a large majority of their time on the floor leading guest service and active selling. Each department owns their entire backroom, price change, and everything. It definitely didn’t happen overnight and still some work to do. But two years ago I would have laughed if someone told me all of this was going on and BRLA was consistently over 98.5

Damn.... that's impressive. Clearly, we have to make some changes; but it's good to know it can work! Thanks for the info !

We still have one department that is red more often than not, but a majority of the team really does take pride in their area, including the backroom. It does take a lot of coaching, and leaders who are good at digging in and finding issues.

Anyone wants my repacks tonight?

Attachments

• 68A555E3-4A4B-4436-8CBC-B3CEC4B97E4F.jpeg
    68A555E3-4A4B-4436-8CBC-B3CEC4B97E4F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 75
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back