Archived Just experienced probably the worst thing I could of experienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTGOz

Suitable
A mom with her three kids came in. She told her one son he couldn't get a Pushpop candy thing.

he throws the most massive fit. He was hitting his mom, screaming like he was being murdered, and acting like a mental hospital patient. I felt so bad for her, two women jumped in and offered to help calm the kid down. I'm assuming the second woman had enough of his shit so she offered and jumped in to calm him down. The little kid openly admitted he was gonna continue throwing a fit after they left. Lo and behold I got done ringing them up (I legitimately went as slow as I could to save this mom from her son) and as they prepared to leave he starts bawling again and not letting his mom touch him.

Part of me just wonders what the hell she goes through at home, being held slave to your kid because he has anger issues. I don't think he ever got the candy still, but god damn. I felt so bad for her, and I still feel bad. I hope my kids never act that way or I'd lay into them as soon as I wasn't in public anymore.

Anyone have similar experiences?

Yep, Commie knows what havoc kids can wreak.
That shopping trip story is legend.

Once during my GSA days I was near jewelry watching the lanes when a 5 yr old began slapping the spinner displays around as fast as she could, knocking pieces off.
Her mom tries to pull her away & tells her to stop; she replies "NO!" in a nasty, savage voice.
I stepped in between her & the spinners blocking her way so she punched me in the stomach (wasn't noticeable, I had a lots of siblings who taught me a personal lesson in pain growing up).
Her mom erupted, grabbing her firmly & telling her to apologize.
The little girl gave me a death glare that would've stop Chucky in his tracks & said "NO!"
So her mom said "Fine, we're not getting you ANYTHING." & set her basket down as she towed the devil child girl out the door.

Nah, not the worst.
Once I had to stop kids who were leaping from chair to chair in the cafe; they finally knocked over a table that barely missed one of the little free-range urchins.
I threatened to pull out the zip ties & string them together in a daisy chain so they decided to run amok in the store.
Later their mom came looking for them: I said I had 'no idea' where they were until a shriek erupted from toys & she said "Ah, I think I just found 'em...."

And to think some of us would've gotten the worst ass whooping imaginable if we behaved like that as kids.

My mom didn't believe in corporal punishment.
She never spanked me or my brothers.
If we had pulled shit like this, we would have been grabbed by our ears, tossed in the back of the truck and driven home.
When we got home, we would be shoveling goat, chicken and horse shit, splitting wood, weeding the north forty, or shoveling snow depending on the time of year.
My mom didn't believe in whooping our asses, she believed in making us work them off.
After you have cut a cord of firewood, you kinda decide you don't want to act like an asshole in public ever again.

We had a "meth mom" who came in 5 minutes to closing at least 4 or 5 nights a week, always straight to the service desk to return shit and then back again when she was finished shopping to price match. And she always dragged her 5-year-old boy along who was autistic and should have been in bed hours prior. He would misbehave or tell her he was tired and she'd talk to him like he was shit underneath her shoe. That was hard for me, especially because I closed a lot and had to see her often.

Just another reason I'm glad I no longer work there!

Hey, it could have been worse. The kid could have been wearing a dirty diaper, took it off, and threw it in such a way that it splattered all over everything and everyone in the vicinity.

I had a guy come in trying to buy a case of beer it was maybe my 2nd week. I asked for his ID and he says do I look under 21! I said no but its the law and target's policy I can't sell this with out seeing ur ID to type into the computer! He told me his birthday and i said no I have to see ur ID. He proceeded to call me retarded when he finally shows me his ID and was like do u believe me now. I just stayed quiet and finished the sale I thought was uncalled for to call me retarded for following policy.

I had a guy come in trying to buy a case of beer it was maybe my 2nd week. I asked for his ID and he says do I look under 21! I said no but its the law and target's policy I can't sell this with out seeing ur ID to type into the computer! He told me his birthday and i said no I have to see ur ID. He proceeded to call me retarded when he finally shows me his ID and was like do u believe me now. I just stayed quiet and finished the sale I thought was uncalled for to call me retarded for following policy.

Call me a retard you can leave without your beer. "Sorry I am so retarded I can't sell the beer."

Jesus christ this is why I don't like kids :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
@Rachel your story reminds me of this dude who chucked a whole box of firecrackers across the check lanes when I carded him. Do I think it's ridiculous to card people over such wimpy "explosives" abso-fucking-lutely. But I'm not doing it on purpose to ruin your day

Does anyone else agree that Target should establish a No Kids policy?
A policy that I would be all over is that if you can't keep little timmy quiet for a certain period of time and can't discipline him then you'll have to pay a special tax

A policy that I would be all over is that if you can't keep little timmy quiet for a certain period of time and can't discipline him then you'll have to pay a special tax
That would've been really helpful a few days ago when there was a kid at my store who didn't stop screaming for over ten minutes.

We need something a la Spiderman's web juice that you could shoot in their face that would plug their mouth with a sweet-tasting goo that would shut them up.
Except TMs would be tempted to use it on every obnoxious a$$ who opens their yap.

That would've been really helpful a few days ago when there was a kid at my store who didn't stop screaming for over ten minutes.

10 minutes? That is just a warm up for some of the screaming brats I get to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back