Archived Just experienced probably the worst thing I could of experienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of these kids act like little assholes because their parents are big assholes. They will do whatever they can get away with.Commies mom had it spot on. I watched a little princess call her mom a bitch in the middle of a tantrum over a kit kat bar. This 5 year old got the candy bar because mom didn't stand her ground. She went through a retired school teacher cashiers lane.....
The cashier looked at that kid with the catholic nun stare and calmly told her she was acting like a spoiled brat and didn't deserve the candy bar. She looked right at the mom and told her she needed to be this kids mother and teach her that you can't always get what you want. Mom shot back the kid was high-strung and very hard to handle and if a candy bar calmed her down so be it. Cashier still in catholic nun mode schooled that mom next. Kids are all high strung but don't act like that. Candy is the last thing a "high strung" kid needs. Kid was only hard to handle because mom wasn't setting boundaries and sticking to them. She was raising a kid that no one was going to want to be around. She needed to take charge of that immediatly.
At the time I had only been with Target about 4 months. I was in the lane next to her and in absolute awe. Mom bought the candy, kid was silent by now and they headed right to the service desk to speak to "manager". Manager came over to cashier with a smile and just said, "lesson completed "teach"!" That was it, she wasn't in trouble at all. After working with her for over 5 years before her retirement I watched and heard her deliver a few lessons to complete brats and oblivious parents. It really didn't change anything but it was great to see someone say what we were all thinking.

Our store is across from a movie theatre! I can't imagine being directly below one, though! Oh my...

A mom with her three kids came in. She told her one son he couldn't get a Pushpop candy thing.

he throws the most massive fit. He was hitting his mom, screaming like he was being murdered, and acting like a mental hospital patient. I felt so bad for her, two women jumped in and offered to help calm the kid down. I'm assuming the second woman had enough of his shit so she offered and jumped in to calm him down. The little kid openly admitted he was gonna continue throwing a fit after they left. Lo and behold I got done ringing them up (I legitimately went as slow as I could to save this mom from her son) and as they prepared to leave he starts bawling again and not letting his mom touch him.

Part of me just wonders what the hell she goes through at home, being held slave to your kid because he has anger issues. I don't think he ever got the candy still, but god damn. I felt so bad for her, and I still feel bad. I hope my kids never act that way or I'd lay into them as soon as I wasn't in public anymore.

Anyone have similar experiences?
I don't feel sorry for the mom. She should have taken those kids out of the store, PRONTO!!

Once during my GSA days I was near jewelry watching the lanes when a 5 yr old began slapping the spinner displays around as fast as she could, knocking pieces off.
Her mom tries to pull her away & tells her to stop; she replies "NO!" in a nasty, savage voice.
I stepped in between her & the spinners blocking her way so she punched me in the stomach (wasn't noticeable, I had a lots of siblings who taught me a personal lesson in pain growing up).
Her mom erupted, grabbing her firmly & telling her to apologize.
The little girl gave me a death glare that would've stop Chucky in his tracks & said "NO!"
So her mom said "Fine, we're not getting you ANYTHING." & set her basket down as she towed the devil child girl out the door.

I would've slapped that kid right on the hand.

Hahahaha last night this girl who had to have been about 10 or 11 was getting really bratty because her mom wouldn't buy her makeup. Sorry kid but real makeup ain't anything like the Barbie makeup games on everythinggirl.com

Cyanide and Happiness posted a comic today that I think fits well in this thread:

whoops.png

"I'd lay into them as soon as I wasn't in public anymore."

This. My kid only behaves this way when me and his mother are both with him. She buys him whatever he wants unless I'm there, but I can't discipline him like I want when she is around.
With her he's spoiled, with me he's under control, but when we're all together it's a fight cause he doesn't get spoiled or well disciplined.

one of my many throw up stories. it was maybe just before my 90 days were up. the place is a $#!% show with holiday returns and people buying stuff with their gift cards and such. i had just walked through the doors to see a kid kinda walking a little funny. he stops in front of me, throws up, the keeps on walking to guest service. his mom follows, saying "sorry he's sick" and she says "cmon" and they all leave. i was like you're joking. i walk over to my GSA and say "hey some kid through up on the carpet in front of the entrance, i just walked into the store and haven't clocked in yet.
a more recent story. A older guest has just eaten a hot dog and fries at food ave. she was making the walk to grab a cart, when low and behold projectile vomit shot out of her a good 3 feet. i swear there was a constant flow of vomit just coming out for a good minute. it was all over the floor, all over her, and just a nightmare. before she was done someone gave her a bag, which i later had ESIM. remember how i said she had just eaten a hot dog? you're probably asking how i knew that, and let me tell you, i picked up 50 chewed up bits of hot dog and had to ESIM that as well. oh, also found a heroin needle in the mens restroom a few days before the kid threw up in front of me.

my favorite at the current job was a very clueless mom with about five kids playing around knocking shit over throwing stuff, a little boy in the cart climbing out of the cart (he was going to fall out for sure) constant screaming, and her kids pulled the entire roll of tickets out of the dispenser and ran with it like a ribbon. The mother was in her own world. I was getting pretty pissed when after about 5 tries of "is this thickness alright?" She still was not answering me. I was so frustrated with her that I made it more of a medium cut.

Last edited:
So once when my son was younger, I was shopping at Target and I decided to get him a bag of M &M's but it was for waaaay later since he needed a nap. He got up set and I tried to calmly explain that he would get them just not that this very moment. The lady in front of me was like "Just let him have them" I was like thanks for the advice but He's not having them right now. From then on my son never gets candy at the store and no tantrums. If he gets out of control, I threaten to leave. Tough love makes the world go round.....

Crying kids and parents that don't parent are reasons why I can't wait to leave retail. I just started at the big red aswell. I need to work my way through college and getting a better vehicle somehow though.

A mom with her three kids came in. She told her one son he couldn't get a Pushpop candy thing.

he throws the most massive fit. He was hitting his mom, screaming like he was being murdered, and acting like a mental hospital patient. I felt so bad for her, two women jumped in and offered to help calm the kid down. I'm assuming the second woman had enough of his shit so she offered and jumped in to calm him down. The little kid openly admitted he was gonna continue throwing a fit after they left. Lo and behold I got done ringing them up (I legitimately went as slow as I could to save this mom from her son) and as they prepared to leave he starts bawling again and not letting his mom touch him.

Part of me just wonders what the hell she goes through at home, being held slave to your kid because he has anger issues. I don't think he ever got the candy still, but god damn. I felt so bad for her, and I still feel bad. I hope my kids never act that way or I'd lay into them as soon as I wasn't in public anymore.

Anyone have similar experiences?
The kid doesn't have anger issues, the mom has parenting issues. Obviously, throwing a fit has worked for him in the past, so he continues to do it. Either that or he's starving for attention (with 3 kids, it's hard to give them all the attention they need.)

I rarely spammed my kids, but they were almost always well behaved when we were out in public. They knew if they behaved, they would get a treat, and if they didn't, nothing. No negotiating. They had one chance. Don't get me wrong, I'm not the perfect parent, but I do know you have to give kids expectations and boundaries.

We need something a la Spiderman's web juice that you could shoot in their face that would plug their mouth with a sweet-tasting goo that would shut them up.
Except TMs would be tempted to use it on every obnoxious a$$ who opens their yap.
Kind of like a "kiddie degreaser"? Lol!

What I hated about the thanksgiving/black Friday overnight were the parents who would show up at fucking 2 in the morning with their exhausted, wailing toddlers just because they wanted a deal on a Samsung tv. Your kid is clearly upset about being woken up and should probably be back in bed but of course your shopping trip is more important

What I hated about the thanksgiving/black Friday overnight were the parents who would show up at fucking 2 in the morning with their exhausted, wailing toddlers just because they wanted a deal on a Samsung tv. Your kid is clearly upset about being woken up and should probably be back in bed but of course your shopping trip is more important

Every year it just gets worse.

I was acting a fool in a store once and got my pants pulled down and spanked right there in front of God and everyone, needless to say this was the 90's when parents could actually discipline their children, of course it might of been a little overboard but it was effective, I never acted like a dumbass in public ever again.

Looking back, I had only been working for like 47 days. I've come to realize this one day was only a warmup on steroids, as now I've had worse.

also rest in pieces shelf (2016-2016)

A dui granny rammed her motorized cart into a shelf of tide. They're were 5 victims, and the shelf was a casualty
RIP whoever had to defect out and bag all the ESIM.

Tody i was the lucky one to locate the odor in the cat food aisle. I dry heaved for 5 minutes.
i love doing that so i can go up to someone i dont like and be all hEY DOES THIS SMELL BAD 2 U I CANT TELL
My sense of smell is so fucked from all the shit people break during unload and don't take care of (especially on Saturday trucks) that I just don't care anymore. There's a broken case of dressing sitting around that I've taken a weird enjoyment out of everyone going "what's the smell?" and playing dumb about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back