Archived Just got signed off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, usually I just stalk these boards to get some very good tips (and I have gotten quite a few), but I just got signed off for Team Lead and I decided to post a thread to ask a few questions. First off, next month will be a year for me, so although I have worked hard, I assume there is a lot I still need to learn. I'm currently a plano team member, worked a lot of electronics and hardlines as well. I was asked if I would be willing to go to another store (I haven't been offered a position, I believe this was just a standard question), and I said I was, because that's the truth. But with that being said, if I go to another store, I'd prefer it to be next year, as opposed to going to a new store as a new TL in a department that I may or may not have a significant amount of experience in, and going into 4th quarter. During the dead season I feel I would have a little more time to experience whatever growing pains there are. If I'm offered a spot in my home store, I would take it though. But if I get offered a spot at another store next month and turn it down, does it look bad on me? Should I be honest and give the reason I stated above? Or should I just take anything that is offered regardless of what store it is? Thoughts? Suggestions? Thank you in advance.

If you're serious about becoming a TL, I would take any position offered, new store or not. Of course, in my area, TL positions are hard to come by.

I wouldn't give your reasoning about 4th quarter, unless they specifically ask you in an interview about "challenges" you could foresee in a new position. Reason being, Target already hires new seasonal TMs all the time for the sole purpose of working 4th quarter, some of whom learn the culture very quickly and even cross-train throughout the holiday season. I realize the jump to TL would carry more responsibility than a seasonal TM, and I personally understand what you mean, but your ETLs might believe 4Q is a great time to get your feet wet. Don't give them a reason to think you're not up for it. Good luck!

New stores are allocated more hours and there are many seasonal people hired for the 4th quarter which will not only help you out but may also free up a TL or ETL to mentor you. Take it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back