What power does the SD have for off the clock events?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Performanced out means being written up for offenses real, imagined or manufactured until they reach the level where you can be fired.
So they can write you up for literally anything? Like, they could write me up because I had chocolate milk on my break?

So they can write you up for literally anything? Like, they could write me up because I had chocolate milk on my break?
They can write you up for anything that’s contrary to Target’s little book of rules. Can’t write you up for having chocolate milk on your break, but they can write you up for taking too long on your break, not following the break schedule, leaving for your break too early or too late, returning from your break too late, working during your break, etc. You get the idea. Didn’t do any of those things? Well, the ETL says you did, so you are out of luck, on paper, and soon to be out the door.

How well do you know all the rules at work?
What are the chances that you might have broken one by accident?
Performancing you out involves just tagging you for every little bullshit thing that you might do wrong.

It doesn't matter if everybody else does it or that you had a valid reason for it.
If they want to fire you they will.

What if I’m willing to make some sort of a deal with my SD? Something in the vein of giving up the biggest troublemakers in the group in exchange for a leadership position?
This is the moment when I went from being 90% sure this person was a troll to 100% sure. There is no way anyone is this out of touch with how things work.

Also this, how can you not realize that "performance" means something work related... Just writen to incite more conversation.

Like, yes, if you stole it. (The first graders I used to teach seem to have been brighter than the person that has a job and is ridiculous enough to ask this type of question. Like, if I could, I'd like, write you up for that alone.)

In my state any full time (>32 hrs/wk) employee must take a lunch break and is not permitted chocolate milk. No exceptions, you may not have it, period. Only sweet tea.
I hate hate hate tea of any kind so I’d be in trouble in your state.

Jack trolled for the sheer delight of it & if his argument got blown apart, he'd go off on another tangent.
He was as slippery as a Burmese python covered in oil.
I thought he visited us last week. Maybe an imposter Jake?

@CartoonPenguin Have you tried to speak directly with someone in leadership about your chances of being promoted? The odds that anyone on this message board work at your store are infinitely small, thus they wouldn't know what your ETLs look for when promoting someone or any specifics about the leaders at your store.

We are beyond promoting. He moved on to having the hots for someone and partying with peers/bosses.
Well, he has mentioned that in previous threads so I know he's interested in dating/partying with someone at his store. However, he always mentions that he is worried about how those things will affect his chances of becoming a leader so I thought I should still address that.

At this point, I'm certain this is a troll but I can't help but keep trying to respond seriously and trying to get him to understand the advice that everyone has given.

Well, he has mentioned that in previous threads so I know he's interested in dating/partying with someone at his store. However, he always mentions that he is worried about how those things will affect his chances of becoming a leader so I thought I should still address that.

At this point, I'm certain this is a troll but I can't help but keep trying to respond seriously and trying to get him to understand the advice that everyone has given.
Wasting your breath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back