What power does the SD have for off the clock events?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I did was hang out with my friends at a party. No harm in that.
Target is all about building a culture. They want to hire leaders and team members who fit this culture and will create a positive environment for people to work in.

You have already been spoken to for multiple offenses that do not help build a positive culture and frankly you are lucky to still be employed. You can keep going to parties and everything like that and you are right, as a team member there is no harm in that. But if you want to be viewed as a leader and someone who can do more and be trusted to run the building, your judgement has to be better.

You may not see it and you don't seem to take the advice from multiple people on this site who have told you what you need to do. My advice is to just accept your role as a team member and reevaluate yourself when you feel you can make the necessary changes to be seen as a leader and at the point quit Target and apply for a leadership position for another company. Your bridge is burnt at Target and you stand zero chance of being promoted if even half of the things you have said on this forum are true.

Also if these @CartoonPenguin threads were a TV show what would it be called?
Priorities or Consequences
Target’s Least Wanted
This could be a soap opera. Potential titles:
CareerEnders
General Stupidity

or a movie:

Dude, Where’s My Promotion?
How to Lose a Promotion in 10 Parties
Clueless in Target
From Here to Walmart
101 Delusions

Pass the popcorn 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿😂😂😂😂😂😂

All I did was hang out with my friends at a party. No harm in that.

If any of this is real, which I am pretty sure it ain't, might I recommend going into the food service industry?
I worked in very high end restaurants where the bosses and employees partied together all the time.
There is nothing funnier than having the entire crew down to the dishwasher cringing at every loud noise because they have hangovers that would kill normies.
You want to party, nobody parties as hard as restaurant workers and they often have good drugs since a lot of the kitchen crew are ex-cons.
You want to fuck in the walk-in cooler?
It's happens way more often than people want to talk about.
So if that's the lifestyle you want learn a bit about food and wine then go work at a restaurant.
You'll fit right in.

It’s just about plausible deniability. And your SD has more of it than you do in this situation. I can guarantee right now at least one of those TLs called your SD first thing in the morning to get in front of the situation and minimize damage to their reputation with SD. If they did, I promise you they ratted every single TM out to cover their own ass. Your development is 100% over and they will probably never say a thing to you about it, they’ll just performance you out. Look for your workload to increase ever so slightly day by day and their requests to become more and more tedious.

Unless you have physical proof in the form of, if it’s legal in your state, a recording of SD’s voice saying something damning to you, they will get rid of you slowly and painfully.

Last thing, if you were the one who booked the airbnb on your debit/credit card, you would almost certainly be held liable for anything that happened

If any of this is real, which I am pretty sure it ain't, might I recommend going into the food service industry?
I worked in very high end restaurants where the bosses and employees partied together all the time.
There is nothing funnier than having the entire crew down to the dishwasher cringing at every loud noise because they have hangovers that would kill normies.
You want to party, nobody parties as hard as restaurant workers and they often have good drugs since a lot of the kitchen crew are ex-cons.
You want to fuck in the walk-in cooler?
It's happens way more often than people want to talk about.
So if that's the lifestyle you want learn a bit about food and wine then go work at a restaurant.
You'll fit right in.

plus, you know. all the coke

It’s just about plausible deniability. And your SD has more of it than you do in this situation. I can guarantee right now at least one of those TLs called your SD first thing in the morning to get in front of the situation and minimize damage to their reputation with SD. If they did, I promise you they ratted every single TM out to cover their own ass. Your development is 100% over and they will probably never say a thing to you about it, they’ll just performance you out. Look for your workload to increase ever so slightly day by day and their requests to become more and more tedious.

Unless you have physical proof in the form of, if it’s legal in your state, a recording of SD’s voice saying something damning to you, they will get rid of you slowly and painfully.

Last thing, if you were the one who booked the airbnb on your debit/credit card, you would almost certainly be held liable for anything that happened
What if I’m willing to make some sort of a deal with my SD? Something in the vein of giving up the biggest troublemakers in the group in exchange for a leadership position?

What if I’m willing to make some sort of a deal with my SD? Something in the vein of giving up the biggest troublemakers in the group in exchange for a leadership position?
114E6F2D-6C67-49DD-9E9B-7D1230522D1F.jpeg
Wow, a sighting of that not rare enough bird, a blue falcon in a red shirt…

Too late to make that unsavory deal, one of your fellow partiers likely already did. That’s how the SD knows everything that’s going on, probably before the party is even over.

Yeah whether you’re a troll or not doesn’t matter to me, I’m just trying to be helpful here man. You didn’t do anything inherently bad. What you did by having that party was, from a corporate drone at Target mindset, inappropriate for a develpoping team member. I was seeing myself at the beginning of being performanced out over some stuff that I really had no control over. I’m on your side, the side of the person on the outside looking in.

I think you are fundamentally looking at this wrong. As an hourly team member you are the least of their worries. You are fighting an uphill battle when you go try to get a promotion from hourly tm to team leader. In order to get that you have to play their game and dance their dance. Or in my store’s case, sometimes be willing to do a sexual favor. But we won’t get into that lol

Yeah whether you’re a troll or not doesn’t matter to me, I’m just trying to be helpful here man. You didn’t do anything inherently bad. What you did by having that party was, from a corporate drone at Target mindset, inappropriate for a develpoping team member. I was seeing myself at the beginning of being performanced out over some stuff that I really had no control over. I’m on your side, the side of the person on the outside looking in.

I think you are fundamentally looking at this wrong. As an hourly team member you are the least of their worries. You are fighting an uphill battle when you go try to get a promotion from hourly tm to team leader. In order to get that you have to play their game and dance their dance. Or in my store’s case, sometimes be willing to do a sexual favor. But we won’t get into that lol
What exactly is “performance out”? I keep seeing it mentioned but I’m not quite sure what it means.

Going back to your last thread, you said that a team leader was fired/terminated for not being fair and unbiased. Do you REALLY think that this is unbiased and worthy of becoming a leader?

Not a snowball’s chance in hell that could work!!
By the way I don’t believe any of this crap your telling us!! Please just quit posting here.

This past Saturday night was a party for me and my usual group of co-workers whom I regularly hang out and party with. We try to keep these parties and gatherings secret since our SD and other ETL's don't like us getting together (as if it's their business) but this latest party was our biggest yet. We all pitched money to rent an Airbnb for the night and we went out of our way to invite as many TM's as possible, even the ones who normally don't hang with us. There were even some TL's and AP at the party.

Things almost got ugly really quickly. One of the girls who works the front end took a group picture of some people sitting at a table and the picture included our front end TL. He immediately began telling her to delete the picture just in case she posted it and someone else at work saw him there, but she refused. He began trying to grab her phone from her and it reached a point where he got physical with her and began grabbing her by the arm. This girl's boyfriend (another front end TM) obviously took exception to this and it looked like a front end TL and a front end TM were about to get into an all out fight. Things calmed down, the girl was convinced to delete the picture, and the TL and the TM along with his girlfriend ended up leaving the party early.

The rest of the party was mostly event free, but now is the fallout. I didn't work yesterday, but the rumor going around is that our SD called the front end TL into her office after he clocked in and our store's cart cleaner claims that she saw him leave the store looking really pissed off. He apparently left work just moments after clocking in and it legitimately sounds like he got fired. He wasn't at work today, nor was our AP TM whom I saw was scheduled to work today. On top of that, a Style TL who was at the party also looked like she was in a bad mood about something. She just looked and sounded very upset all day and I'm wondering if the party had anything to do with it.

More than anything though, I'm worried about my status. I'm a GM TM who's in development to become a GMTL and I'm worried about how this party might affect my promotion ambitions. I heard that a ton of people called out yesterday, which put inbound behind not only for yesterday, but also today. When I got in this morning, yesterday's truck was still sitting in the back and we had virtually no free vehicles for today's unload. All of GM spent the day trying to clear vehicles and by the time we were ready to finally unload, the morning Inbound/GM team had to clock out for the day and a whole bunch of leaders had to unload. I know that the SD, HR ETL, GMTL 3, and a few other leaders had to work the unload and it seems like this is a result of the call outs from Saturday's party. I'm just worried that I'll be found out and that'll be the end of my promotion aspirations. But since it's an off the clock event outside of Target property, there's no way that the SD can actually do anything, right? What type of power does she have here?
Troll!!!

If team members who aren't invited they can begin to feel singled out or possibly like a TL is showing favoritism towards TM who were at the party. Also AP should definitely not be at a party because they are responsible for being objective and need to be able to catch someone stealing etc, imagine how hard that could be to do to a friend.
Yup.. ap should have never accepted. They can get into dicey ethics situation very fast... would make their life filled with grey areas... you can be friends with AP . But only as far as you noticed someone stole a line of your previously perfectedly zone mustard and ketchup.

This past Saturday night was a party for me and my usual group of co-workers whom I regularly hang out and party with. We try to keep these parties and gatherings secret since our SD and other ETL's don't like us getting together (as if it's their business) but this latest party was our biggest yet. We all pitched money to rent an Airbnb for the night and we went out of our way to invite as many TM's as possible, even the ones who normally don't hang with us. There were even some TL's and AP at the party.

Things almost got ugly really quickly. One of the girls who works the front end took a group picture of some people sitting at a table and the picture included our front end TL. He immediately began telling her to delete the picture just in case she posted it and someone else at work saw him there, but she refused. He began trying to grab her phone from her and it reached a point where he got physical with her and began grabbing her by the arm. This girl's boyfriend (another front end TM) obviously took exception to this and it looked like a front end TL and a front end TM were about to get into an all out fight. Things calmed down, the girl was convinced to delete the picture, and the TL and the TM along with his girlfriend ended up leaving the party early.

The rest of the party was mostly event free, but now is the fallout. I didn't work yesterday, but the rumor going around is that our SD called the front end TL into her office after he clocked in and our store's cart cleaner claims that she saw him leave the store looking really pissed off. He apparently left work just moments after clocking in and it legitimately sounds like he got fired. He wasn't at work today, nor was our AP TM whom I saw was scheduled to work today. On top of that, a Style TL who was at the party also looked like she was in a bad mood about something. She just looked and sounded very upset all day and I'm wondering if the party had anything to do with it.

More than anything though, I'm worried about my status. I'm
You're SD is god. He is there to ruin your life. I recommend saging your name tag to ward off any bad spirits

So what you do is take their office, get a huge chair and a cat....recreate God father.... you look your SD in the eye and tell them you're the captain now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back