Archived Just thought I'd vent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not against federal law, but it is against the contract that Spot has with the vendor, saying we won't take it back. So breaking the contract would be breaking the federal law.

You do not have to do "accept" and do the whole amount, you should be doing it manually and entering the correct price of the item, and writing that on the coupon. It says "up to", not "always" for the price being higher.

This is only for BOGO and free-item coupons where you have to specify the amount of the discount. If the coupon is for a set amount (example: $2.00 off XYZ item), it can't be adjusted.
this is what I was told by my GSTL and yet I got coached the other day for denying a guest her ten(multiple transactions btw) 3.00 off coupons for 1.50 clearance items. like ive said before this whole thing is getting utterly ridiculous

Today, the two GSTLs spent a good five minutes fighting over this issue (guest had a $3 off coupon for an item that was $1.50). Guess what happened when LOD stepped in?

Today, the two GSTLs spent a good five minutes fighting over this issue (guest had a $3 off coupon for an item that was $1.50). Guess what happened when LOD stepped in?

The LOD was bold and gave the guest an extra $5 off for the inconvenience?

If the coupon is for that item you should be taking it no questions asked. If it's not for the item then yeah I'd be irritated if the LOD came swooping in on a Be Bold Broomstick.

You still need backup at the checklanes? After all this time? ... Always.

I hate coupons so much I will hardly ever use one. I am that scarred from the whole process. The wonen with the books and folders, the ppl trying to load up on that darn Nivea tin so they can get the most off, the baskets of reshop from someone you turn down. Yuck! I hate it all. I see both sides and personally I always lean closer to the guest. If you spent two hours loading that random crap in your cart then back-up my line then cause a scene I am not picking a fight with you. I will get your weird butt out of my store as quickly and painlessly as possible. If that means getting reimbursed for your creepy coupons so be it. In my opinion you lose more money and potential guests/sales when you argue with those freakazoids. They will make sure everyone in that line knows you are screwing them over and they have a point.

Phew!!! This is the longest post for me. The above is just my opinion, I don't like to argue back and forth. This part from the OP cracked me up though..

"chipotle-ordering-on-channel-six clique."

Today I had a guest pissed that the register refused to give her a $1 off her item she was getting FREE already. It was a buy 3, get 1 free - and she was trying to use 4 manufactures coupons.

I'm guessing "everyone" has been doing the accept anyway thing, but ya, well, hello, you are paying anything for it?!?!?!

I have no idea what the policy is - the GSTL working is over the whole "giving away the store" thing - but I was waiting for her to ask for him to come over. She dropped it.

I would never have the balls to expect to get to use a coupon on something I wasn't paying for in the first place.... ye gads people.

Not against federal law, but it is against the contract that Spot has with the vendor, saying we won't take it back. So breaking the contract would be breaking the federal law.
That's how I was trained way back when. It even says on their receipt "SAME ITEM IF OPENED". About a month ago my GE ETL came over when I was refusing an exchange for a movie that had been opened that wanted to buy a different movie in exchange and they were getting really upset about it. She told them that it was fine, and to go ahead and grab another movie from the same department and we'd process the return for them. My ETL then asked me who told me we weren't allowed to exchange opened media for anything other than the same exact movie. I told her everyone that works at guest service knows it, and it even says so on the receipt itself. She said we were allowed to. So now we just process the return, and defect the movie/cd/game etc. out after the transaction. BE BOLD? We've already started seeing more and more people buying movies and returning them after you know they've watched them like we're some kind of rental company. Totally stupid......

I had a coupon scammer when I was back-up cashing, and the new GSA followed policy. Hooray!

How I've missed the front end................NOT.

i was told not to override the coupon at all and to attempt to take every and all expired coupons. i back up a lot and get coupon guest often. you have to be careful some of those high dollar coupon items or mostly all that i have seen say not valid on trial or travel size when i have a guest come up with 13 bottles of travel shaving cream and shampoo i tell them sorry its good on full size only..

isnt there a 4 coupon limit on the same items 2 manufacture and 2 target?

In my opinion you lose more money and potential guests/sales when you argue with those freakazoids. They will make sure everyone in that line knows you are screwing them over and they have a point.

I don't know - I think most guests would direct their anger at the freakazoids, not the cashier or store.

That's how I was trained way back when. It even says on their receipt "SAME ITEM IF OPENED". About a month ago my GE ETL came over when I was refusing an exchange for a movie that had been opened that wanted to buy a different movie in exchange and they were getting really upset about it. She told them that it was fine, and to go ahead and grab another movie from the same department and we'd process the return for them. My ETL then asked me who told me we weren't allowed to exchange opened media for anything other than the same exact movie. I told her everyone that works at guest service knows it, and it even says so on the receipt itself. She said we were allowed to. So now we just process the return, and defect the movie/cd/game etc. out after the transaction. BE BOLD? We've already started seeing more and more people buying movies and returning them after you know they've watched them like we're some kind of rental company. Totally stupid......

The only times I let anyone get away with that is when Grandma Death comes up to the counter with a blu-ray and says "this didn't play in my DVD player! Make it work! I want a new one!" and then I explain that it's a blu-ray and they get all confused and I begin to get frustrated so I tell them to find me one in a black or white box, not blue, and they can't find one, so eventually it's fine here's your $5 back. Enjoy your newfound windfall.

This didn't happen 3 times yesterday in a 9.5 hour SD shift or anything...

I'm a team member and I use coupons. I don't do anything crazy like buying a million of a single item, but most items I buy I have a coupon for. Today I got $50 worth of grocery items for $15. Maybe I wouldn't use coupons if my financial situation was better, but its not, so I need them and will use them. Haters gon Hate.

The only times I let anyone get away with that is when Grandma Death comes up to the counter with a blu-ray and says "this didn't play in my DVD player! Make it work! I want a new one!" and then I explain that it's a blu-ray and they get all confused and I begin to get frustrated so I tell them to find me one in a black or white box, not blue, and they can't find one, so eventually it's fine here's your $5 back. Enjoy your newfound windfall.

This didn't happen 3 times yesterday in a 9.5 hour SD shift or anything...

That's perfectly legit. We can do that as long as it is the exact same title, even if in a different format.

I know, but none of them could find their particular random $5 movie in DVD format since they were random enough movies that we don't bother stocking them twice over. So I emergency overrode it to give them their $5 back. I figure if they're willing to spend 15 minutes looking for some crappy 90s rom-com in the DVD section unsuccessfully, they've earned their massive $5 refund. If it was a new movie it'd give me more pause, but then we'd also have it in stock in DVD format.

I'm a team member and I use coupons. I don't do anything crazy like buying a million of a single item, but most items I buy I have a coupon for. Today I got $50 worth of grocery items for $15. Maybe I wouldn't use coupons if my financial situation was better, but its not, so I need them and will use them. Haters gon Hate.

As long as you're following Target's coupon policy and any manufacturer's limits, you're okay. There's nothing wrong with saving money. However, if you're using the coupons to scam, then there's a problem.

i thought i was the only one who referred to people as grandma death

82nXHvj.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back