Archived just wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
how much is the bonus for etl, stl, and team leaders for every red card a cashier gets?

I don't think store level personell get bonuses directly for RC's, however it's a metric used to determine if they do get one/how large it may be. Kartman was right, whatever it is is pretty closed mouth about. I promise you though, somewhere along the line there is a bonus for it, and it in some way, shape, or form affects the paycheck of store leadership. Yes, putting pressure on leadership will cause certain personalities to be overbearing about stuff, but the amount of people who go crazy over this metric and the amount of pressure they push means there's more at stake then them getting slapped on the wrist for not getting 80 red cards.

The walkie chatter over getting a red card is depressing. "Congratulations to Diane for getting our third red card of the day! Wow. Amazing. That's her second one this week. She's on a roll. Now who else can do what Diane is doing? I know we can do it team. Whoop whoop!"

I'm not taking away how hard it is to get them. I wouldn't want to be a cashier full time.

But come on. It is so demoralizing to hear that when you see other people bust their asses and get zero recognition. Actually, less than zero because all we hear is .... You guys need to try harder when you back up cashier to get redcards.

Yes thanks for the inspiration. I just finished a 14 hour pog in 7 hours. Please give me some tips.

way too go for getting another red card that will be declined in 2 months or shut off !!

i wonder how many of these red cards we get are still valid after 6 months ??
Most of the guest who sign up for red cards look shady and are living pay check to pay check.

The walkie chatter over getting a red card is depressing. "Congratulations to Diane for getting our third red card of the day! Wow. Amazing. That's her second one this week. She's on a roll. Now who else can do what Diane is doing? I know we can do it team. Whoop whoop!"

I'm not taking away how hard it is to get them. I wouldn't want to be a cashier full time.

But come on. It is so demoralizing to hear that when you see other people bust their asses and get zero recognition. Actually, less than zero because all we hear is .... You guys need to try harder when you back up cashier to get redcards.

Yes thanks for the inspiration. I just finished a 14 hour pog in 7 hours. Please give me some tips.
On those days where the RedCards are rolling in, our STL and GSTL break out into a song and dance routine on the walkie. I've actually have had guests complain about the annoyance of being around a couple team members with walkies when they start in.
The moral in my store has gotten rather low, since the only praise we get is if you get a RedCards. Try explaining to your TL or an ETL, your concerns. It might help.

I don't think store level personell get bonuses directly for RC's, however it's a metric used to determine if they do get one/how large it may be. Kartman was right, whatever it is is pretty closed mouth about. I promise you though, somewhere along the line there is a bonus for it, and it in some way, shape, or form affects the paycheck of store leadership. Yes, putting pressure on leadership will cause certain personalities to be overbearing about stuff, but the amount of people who go crazy over this metric and the amount of pressure they push means there's more at stake then them getting slapped on the wrist for not getting 80 red cards.

The amount of pressure is HUGE to get Redcards. In my store we get more pressure for producing RedCards than how many guests we can check out per hour, if we're green for check out speed, or our guest surveys. To me, that says that store management's compensation is greatly affected by RedCard counts. Heck, our DTL emailed our store today to tell us how unhappy he/she is with how we are doing this week.

And yes, ETLs that are not GE, are getting involved in trying to boost RC count in my store. Tells me that the repercussions are felt by many.

Last edited by a moderator:
The amount of pressure is HUGE to get Redcards. In my store we get more pressure for producing RedCards than how many guests we can check out per hour, if we're green for check out speed, or our guest surveys. To me, that says that store management's compensation is greatly affected by RedCard counts. Heck, our DTL emailed our store today to tell us how unhappy he/she is with how we are doing this week.

And yes, ETLs that are not GE, are getting involved in trying to boost RC count in my store. Tells me that the repercussions are felt by many.
DTL probably threatened to put THEM on the lanes.

Every tl in the building outside of fa and sbux are involved in the Redcard shenanigans at our store. Even the ones who have never asked guests or signed one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back