Keeping "Ones for Ones" low the driving Target metric now?

I actually don't mind the *idea* of 1-4-1s. It's the execution that sucks.

It shouldn't be a graded metric, especially one that has to be done by the end of the day when the majority of the DBOs have gone home.

I don't want rando team members in my stockroom or putting away products regularly in my area. And I shouldn't take the hit when my 1-4-1s aren't pulled after I leave.

So why not just autofills with seasonally adjusted thresholds for high volume, low capacity product? 141s are great for purging the backroom to completely fill the floor, but there's absolutely no reason to do that every single day (sometimes twice a day at that). It's just inefficient.
Because so many stores have gnarly back rooms that need a good purge.

If your backrooms are a mess then i can see why this 1-4-1 goal can be a disaster. Your leadership team need to get a plan and get the OHs correct and stuff out of the backroom. My dbos pull in the morning are like 25 max and thats for chemicals, hba, and those areas. We have 2 tms at night do pulls and we are averaging around 70 percent completions. Dbos are able to get to there truck faster because they dont huge pulls in the morning and most can get another round in to help the night team before they leave. Its a vicious cycle and if your store isnt ready for it its going to be a problem

I have also noticed that when I back stock some random item and I re-pull it a couple of hours later.

I think the systems somehow is re-dropping it into the "1-4-1" and thinks you never pulled it the first time.

I have also noticed that when I back stock some random item and I re-pull it a couple of hours later.

I think the systems somehow is re-dropping it into the "1-4-1" and thinks you never pulled it the first time.
I noticed that too ! I keep a 2 tier in the aisle and whenever I walk past the aisle - I pull a few. - to keep the batch low. The more often I pull, the more of the SAME item I get ! Most of it needs to be backstocked. Annoying and a waste of time.

So why not just autofills with seasonally adjusted thresholds for high volume, low capacity product? 141s are great for purging the backroom to completely fill the floor, but there's absolutely no reason to do that every single day (sometimes twice a day at that). It's just inefficient
only twice a day? they are having our market team continually pull there are days that they hit near 10 times for every single batch for dry market.

you want happy fun times pull the same bloody bag of marshmallows 10 times. and yes all the courts were fixed and all that happy stuff, our system is not meant to have pulls done in the double digit range. weird things start happening. but at least the STL will get a batter bonus and the ETLs get to crow about hitting over 90% pull rate or whatever it is called.

-- EDIT--

Batter should be "better" but Target could be giving out cookie batter as a bonus and the STL could be hoping for the chocolate chip cookie batter instead of the base oatmeal + raisin batter. ya nevah know, ya know.

Last edited:
only twice a day? they are having our market team continually pull there are days that they hit near 10 times for every single batch for dry market.

you want happy fun times pull the same bloody bag of marshmallows 10 times. and yes all the courts were fixed and all that happy stuff, our system is not meant to have pulls done in the double digit range. weird things start happening. but at least the STL will get a batter bonus and the ETLs get to crow about hitting over 90% pull rate or whatever it is called.
Then they wonder why market doesn't get their reshop. They're too busy with this stuff

-- EDIT--

Batter should be "better" but Target could be giving out cookie batter as a bonus and the STL could be hoping for the chocolate chip cookie batter instead of the base oatmeal + raisin batter. ya nevah know, ya know.
I want the oatmeal raisin batter lol.

Just speaking for the checklanes (I still know very little about the floor), one for ones are awesome. They keep the lane looking stocked, with fewer thin spots and holes. With guaranteed daily attention, this area is no longer an afterthought or a rushed job. I'm happy to take the time to do them.

Just speaking for the checklanes (I still know very little about the floor), one for ones are awesome. They keep the lane looking stocked, with fewer thin spots and holes. With guaranteed daily attention, this area is no longer an afterthought or a rushed job. I'm happy to take the time to do them.
It's a great tool if everything is done properly.

It's a great tool if everything is done properly.
And if you have enough payroll, and trained team members to execute everything -- pricing, setting, pulling, pushing, back stocking, unloading the truck, putting away reshop, purging, zoning, flexing... back up cashiering, helping SFS and guests

there-in lies the rub ----- sufficient payroll & trained/willing team members

Last edited:
And if you have enough payroll, and trained team members to execute everything -- pricing, setting, pulling, pushing, back stocking, unloading the truck, putting away reshop, purging, zoning, flexing... back up cashiering, helping SFS and guests

there-in lies the rub ----- sufficient payroll & trained/willing team members
A willing TM can turn into an unwilling TM real quick if they keep having to do it largely by themselves, too

I'm in chemicals, and a few months back we were getting really behind in our one-for-ones.

They were supposed to be done once a day, in the morning. But the pulls were getting bigger and bigger. Hundreds of items, over a thousand items, it got to over two thousand for a while. You would pull and push one-for-ones for a couple of hours but you'd have to quit before you were finished.

I like that we're staying on top of them now.

QFT

on top of doing the work that other team member's refuse to do (like putting away reshop, or cleaning up trash/cardboard, etc.)
That I kind of don't blame the floor people for. There's no way they can get that whole flat done in 1 hour, AND reshop, AND backstock AND 141s. A corner has to be cut somewhere and trash/cardboard is easiest.

Back