Archived late to orientation - rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this will sound horrible but if she is legally deaf then I DEFINITELY not hired them together. If she needs assistance that requires a person certified or the correct equipment. One of my favorite people to work for was this woman who transfered in who had cochlear implants. She had this bad habit of staring because she read lips even when she could hear. She said she had such trouble getting jobs before Target because she could hear.
I'm so happy i am not your employee then. I'm deaf and I have worked at target for almost 10 years now with no issues!

If the kid can’t figure out basic instructions and needs his mommy to call, he/she needs to grow up because they aren’t ready to be in the workforce

I'm so happy i am not your employee then. I'm deaf and I have worked at target for almost 10 years now with no issues!
What's your position. I don't agree on discrimination but I can't imagine you're in a normal position mainly because you kinda need to hear what guest are saying/asking.

I worked with a few dear people in my life. Some could do find because they read lips in combination with a hearing aid but I've had a cowco-wor that was totally deaf and it was difficult to pass instructions to her without her translator who was her sister

It's no different than working with someone who doesn't speak a common language. In fact it's easier to work with someone who's deaf. At least at the very start of trying to communicate they can "say" right away they are deaf, whereas a spoken language barrier takes a bit before establishing that nope, no words in common.

What's your position. I don't agree on discrimination but I can't imagine you're in a normal position mainly because you kinda need to hear what guest are saying/asking.

I worked with a few dear people in my life. Some could do find because they read lips in combination with a hearing aid but I've had a cowco-wor that was totally deaf and it was difficult to pass instructions to her without her translator who was her sister

We had a deaf TM who worked in Softlines and nobody had any problems.
She had her phone if she needed to get across any complex information.

If all else fails, you can learn a little ASL.
It's not that tough.

If all else fails, you can learn a little ASL.
It's not that tough.

Well, it is that tough if you have failed at every attempt to learn a foreign language (like me :oops:). It is learning a foreign language and it doesn't have syntax like English.

And THAT would fucking SUCK.

I've done it. It's really not that hard, especially with Google Translate or Microsoft Translate. They both do a crappy job at language translation, but they're good enough to get the general message across.

My store has 4 deaf tm’s. One flow, 2 backroom, and 1 SL. They’re all great at their jobs. No complaints (other than one of the BRTM’s beats the hell out of the Wave).

Their name tags say “I sign” and they usually pull out their phone to type messages to guests if they have a question.

Ehq
My store has 4 deaf tm’s. One flow, 2 backroom, and 1 SL. They’re all great at their jobs. No complaints (other than one of the BRTM’s beats the hell out of the Wave).

Their name tags say “I sign” and they usually pull out their phone to type messages to guests if they have a question.
What about guest who can't read or work a smartphone aka like 80 percent of our guess

Last edited:
Ehq

What about guest who can't read or work a smartphone aka like 80 percent of our guess

The guest don't work the smart phone, the TM does.
If nothing else then to tell the guest that they need to find someone else to help them.
They use the phones to communicate more complicated information to the TLs, etc.

I work with a deaf counselor every day and do just fine with only a handful of ASL (pun intended).
We do a lot of email and she reads lips.
For meetings where there are a lot of people talking she has an interpreter.

I was addressing the language thing, not the hearing disability.

We had a one armed BR guy for about a month... dunno what happened to him.

I was surprised he lasted as long as he did, poor fella.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back