Archived Learning your store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again!

I'm looking for ways to learn my store. I've been with target for about 6 months and still have trouble helping guests locate an item if I have no my device. If any of you have good tips on learning your store and where items are let me know! :)

What do you do in the store?

I learned my store pretty quickly since I do SFS and Backroom stuff where I have to push my pulls.

Hi again!

I'm looking for ways to learn my store. I've been with target for about 6 months and still have trouble helping guests locate an item if I have no my device. If any of you have good tips on learning your store and where items are let me know! :)
Literally just start shopping there yourself. That’s hands down the best way to learn

What do you do in the store?

I learned my store pretty quickly since I do SFS and Backroom stuff where I have to push my pulls.

I originally was hired in Starbucks... But they constantly move me around. Currently I've been in Market, SL and some Baby Hard lines. I did SFS a little and I felt it helped a bit. If I did that full time I feel like I know it by the back of my hand. I loved SFS.

In addition to the great suggestions above - work out reshop.

I may not know exact aisle numbers, but I know at least roughly where things are. I've never been told that a guest complained over "I don't know the exact spot, but it's in approximately aisle C23". It gets them close and narrows the search.

Browse the store on your break and lunch. That's what I did when I started. Or you can fake a location for an item where you think it would be. By the time the guest gets there, they will forget even if you tell them the right location.

Sorry, can't help. The middle of the store is a mystery to me. I typically shop the perimeter of the store for my family's needs. I am a bit embarrassed to say I have no idea what's in B block, C block and so on.

Therefore, I am eager to see what others suggest.

Hi again!

What items do have difficulty finding? I suggest just calling on the walkie, “Team, where do we carry...?” Someone will know. Make a mental note bc more times than not, someone else will ask as well. And the more you ask, the more you’ll discover what you do/do not carry and where it is.

Hi again!

Get on flow. You’ll memorize it in a hurry.

Browse the store on your break and lunch. That's what I did when I started. Or you can fake a location for an item where you think it would be. By the time the guest gets there, they will forget even if you tell them the right location.

“Excuse me, I’ve been looking for X, the guy told me it was here but I’m not seeing it”

I would never suggest going in off the clock or using your breaks to walk the store and sort of learn... I've worked here for two years and don't 100% know everything. You learn as you go, you learn what blocks in your store are.. C block is Home... A block is Cosmetics... etc...

I've learned by just finding out where things are for guests by asking or looking it up and walking the guest to the location and just finding out myself.

You can always use the Target app. If you do a search it will pull up the map of the store and the approximate location. It's useless for NOP softlines, for that you just need to figure out where they normally put things as softlines is just like with like to keep a theme.

I always use the target app. Over time you’ll figure out which items are in what blocks.

If need be spend some time before or after a shift browse around. By now you know the most common questions walk each department and get sn idea of what is around. Or pick a dept eachbweek walk it to see whats new or whats moved around.

Although ASANTS, most Targets are laid out in similar fashion. Walk around yours or another Target similar to yours (Super Target vs. "GM" Target) and check it out.

And when in doubt, find someone with a walkie and let them figure it out. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back