Archived Leaving after 5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, where do I start?

I started at target 5 years ago. When I first came on, I was so damn excited. I had just gotten away from a dead end job after 5 years, and it was such a load off my shoulders to find something else. For the first 2 years of my employment at target, I fucking loved it. It was decent money, the work wasnt stressful or difficult, and most of my leads were great. Since then, it has progressively gotten worse. My favorite leads started leaving, crappy team members were being hired on, and the constant changes to how the stores are run. And now, we have store mod. Honestly? Store mod and this one specific team lead were the last straws for me.

Its bittersweet. I have so many great memories with target. I've worked with some really cool people, and have even made some great friends, but target right now... in no way resembles what I once loved. So, I had to finally take stock of where I'm at, and that's why I'm finally leaving. It's been a long time coming, but I bid farewell to an company I truly once loved.

I will still stay on the forums though. Not many of you no me, and that's because I mostly lurk, but I do post every once in awhile.

latest

Man, where do I start?

I started at target 5 years ago. When I first came on, I was so damn excited. I had just gotten away from a dead end job after 5 years, and it was such a load off my shoulders to find something else. For the first 2 years of my employment at target, I fucking loved it. It was decent money, the work wasnt stressful or difficult, and most of my leads were great. Since then, it has progressively gotten worse. My favorite leads started leaving, crappy team members were being hired on, and the constant changes to how the stores are run. And now, we have store mod. Honestly? Store mod and this one specific team lead were the last straws for me.

Its bittersweet. I have so many great memories with target. I've worked with some really cool people, and have even made some great friends, but target right now... in no way resembles what I once loved. So, I had to finally take stock of where I'm at, and that's why I'm finally leaving. It's been a long time coming, but I bid farewell to an company I truly once loved.

I will still stay on the forums though. Not many of you no me, and that's because I mostly lurk, but I do post every once in awhile.
Dude, that 10 years of your life, and you got nothing but resentment and failure to show for it, good luck.

Good luck. There are better places to work. Don’t let the negative drown the good memories.

I'm just glad I've jumped ship before I hit ano numero cuatro.

Congrats! Work hard at the new job and good things will come.

I'm just glad I've jumped ship before I hit ano numero cuatro.

Congrats! Work hard at the new job and good things will come.

That's quite a physical accomplishment you have going there!!!

Without a Spanish keyboard, you said something pretty gross.

Surely you meant:
I hit año numero cuatro.
ano means something entirely different. 🤣

That's quite a physical accomplishment you have going there!!!

Without a Spanish keyboard, you said something pretty gross.

Surely you meant:
I hit año numero cuatro.
ano means something entirely different. 🤣
Do I even wanna know 😂

Thanks everyone. It's been great. Working at publix has been awesome. My managers are great. And my team is so awesome. Teamwork, and they aren't egotistic or anything like that. Love it.
Jumped from red to green, on your way to getting that stock, good luck but don't become such a sycophant that you go against your customers, the most annoying thing I've encountered in all my years being a patron.

ano is anus
año is year

I dunno, this still sounds like a positive thing to me...

I'm always saddened by people who loved this job and have nothing but good things to say about it that are still leaving right now.
I know I've had nothing but negative things to say on this forum, because I joined to "cheat" learning about modernization, but I loved, loved, LOVED this job for a long time.
Even when it was stressful, I felt like I accomplished so much, and could see appreciation from my teams, my leaders, and my guests, and I passed up a lot of good opportunities to stay there, because I didn't want to risk losing that feeling.
How is this company going to attract a worker that's worth a damn with how the job feels now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back