Archived Leaving Target within 90 days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!
So I really like working at my Target and all the people I have met there! The problem is I already have another job and I thought this job would start much later as I was expecting it to be a summer job or maybe late spring (I am a student). My target has not been flexible with hours or schedule, really. I was not able to get my spring break off even though I submitted a time off request. I have only been working for 2 weeks (technically 4 actual days). Also, the target store is not even open yet, we are just setting things up. I want to be able to have the option to be rehired by Target which I hear is sometimes not possible if you leave before the 90 days. I also really would prefer not to put in two weeks. I could work another week tops, but would they even want that? Also if I will be marked unhireable for leaving before the end of 90 days, should I just not show up 3 days in a row? I really want to leave things on as good of a note as possible since I really like everyone at the store. Is it crazy to go into work tomorrow (my 5th day) and quit? help!

The sooner you tell them your final day the better. If you just stop showing up you definitely won't be rehirable. Tell them your situation and that you're free to work x many days longer. They may have you work through then or might just have you go now.

To be clear you've only worked 4 shifts and already requested time off? Usually they ask duing the interview if there's any upcoming days off you'd need. I suppose it doesn't matter either way at this point.

They won't re-hire you in the future if you quit this soon after being hired. Why would they? You proved that they can't depend on you to stick around longer than 90 days so what's the point in putting in the time to train you? If you wanted a late spring/summer job why did you apply so early? Put in your notice. If you can't work a final 2 weeks, you'll be non-rehireable. If you can work 2 weeks, the store you're currently at still won't re-hire you in the future but other stores in the area might take that chance. My advice: Give them as much notice as you can and actually work every day. Even if you don't think you'll need this job in the future, you never know. Make your exit as professional as possible. You never know when your network connections will bring you back in contact with people from this job. Don't punish them by leaving them short handed just because you can't make up your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back