Left Effective Immediately- Paycheck?

I left my job effective immediately. The Human Resources Associate I spoke to was the ETL. I gave her my equipment and name tag. She didn't go over the form process with me also she never told me if I will or won't get my final paycheck.

Does anyone know if I will get my final paycheck even though I left my job effective immediately?

Target will always pay you up to the minute you end your shift (or employment, in your case).

Whether or not your store is in a state that requires them to pay you out in cash (as the store itself cannot write you a check) upon termination of employment is another question.

Since only a few states require this, then you're likely to not be in one or you would've been paid cash, and should just wait for your last paycheck to be mailed to you or direct deposited if that's what was happening before.

Lastly, as an aside... 99% chance you're gonna be marked unrehireable in Target's HR system due to the sudden departure.

Its fine that I'm unrehireable but would NY be considered the state that has to pay me out in cash?

Its fine that I'm unrehireable but would NY be considered the state that has to pay me out in cash?
No, I don't think so. Most of the states that require this are in the West Coast – California is one for sure, as they were the first state to introduce it.

A quick search about last day of employment rights in NY didn't yield much.

From this link: New York - Wage Payment Laws - Employment Law Handbook - https://www.employmentlawhandbook.com/wage-payment-laws/state-wage-payment-laws/new-york/

Disclosure: I am not an attorney.

Employees who quit or resign​

New York does not have a law specifically addressing the payment of wages to an employee who quits, however, to ensure compliance with known laws, an employer should pay employee all wages due no later than the regular pay day for the pay period during which the separation from employment occurred.
... Which essentially just means, you'll get your paycheck when you normally do, how you normally did before you quit (paper or direct deposit).

I also recently left my old job because of my health condition. I could no longer work there as it significantly impacted his deterioration. So I just quit as soon as I heard about it from my therapist. I was also interested in the same question, so I came here. Now I'm wondering if it would be okay if I make free pay stubs on my own to get my last paycheck? I understand I am in a state that pays cash, and they couldn't have cheated me, could they? Should I just go to them with this question, or should I not do it? I hope I can resolve this issue as quickly as possible.
@Hardlinesmaster is this a common event?

I've seen people be paid out in cash. However it comes out of the register which if it's more than the register then they won't pay you. They will mail you a check on your next pay day.

I've seen people be paid out in cash. However it comes out of the register which if it's more than the register then they won't pay you. They will mail you a check on your next pay day.
Typically pay vouchers are taken from GS registers since they are banked much higher & can pull a cash advance if necessary.

Back