Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

Incredible how FF16 was marketed alongside the PS5's reveal, has been a major title at any presentation for games coming to the system, and is the only major PS5 release this year until Spider-Man 2 comes out......and most stores, not just Target, are getting barely any copies. I know they're trying to push for digital but god I hate this

Covered a tech break the other day and had someone come up wanting to price match a TV on Target.com.au- Spent almost five minutes explaining that Target Australia is a wholly separate entity.

First time that's happened in a while.

Covered a tech break the other day and had someone come up wanting to price match a TV on Target.com.au- Spent almost five minutes explaining that Target Australia is a wholly separate entity.

First time that's happened in a while.
They expect us to figure out the conversion rate too? I mean they use the dollar sign $ but it ain't USD 😂😂

Do we sell unlocked iPhones when new phones launch? I want to upgrade my iPhone this fall and use my discount, but you can only buy iPhones with those AT&T employees. I'm hoping they sell some unlocked ones when the new one is released.

Do we sell unlocked iPhones when new phones launch? I want to upgrade my iPhone this fall and use my discount, but you can only buy iPhones with those AT&T employees. I'm hoping they sell some unlocked ones when the new one is released.
Check with unlocked phones. There are 3 iPhones we sell unlocked. Note they are preowned. The SE one is new.

We don't usually, they have some certified renewed ones but they are going to be older models. Some MarketSource vendors can sell you them unlocked if their store is coded that way (high profit stores) but they most likely won't because then they get no commission.

We don't usually, they have some certified renewed ones but they are going to be older models. Some MarketSource vendors can sell you them unlocked if their store is coded that way (high profit stores) but they most likely won't because then they get no commission.
What a shame, I was hoping to use my discount. I guess I can take advantage of a carrier trade in deal, but that usually involves upgrading to a more expensive plan. Ugh.

To be fair, there are loads and loads of things that are not hard coded but are against policy. This is not surprising lol
Its just like if you see someone stealing? Do you go and tell them that its against our policy? People would say its dangerous. Why would I want to escalate the situation and get a Karen upset that I am am making the decision to stop her from double dipping? Then for her to find some random covering tech on their break and getting it done no questions asked. If its a policy then it should be coded into the register. Price match in general should be coded into the register so that a system verifies valid price matches like Best Buy does. There should be no room for any two team members to uphold the policies differently. If the register doesn't let you do it than the decision is final.

Its just like if you see someone stealing? Do you go and tell them that its against our policy? People would say its dangerous. Why would I want to escalate the situation and get a Karen upset that I am am making the decision to stop her from double dipping? Then for her to find some random covering tech on their break and getting it done no questions asked. If its a policy then it should be coded into the register. Price match in general should be coded into the register so that a system verifies valid price matches like Best Buy does. There should be no room for any two team members to uphold the policies differently. If the register doesn't let you do it than the decision is final.
If it gets to that point where a Karen is escalating it, you call over a manager. You don't want to get into an altercation with a guest, but you don't want to risk being fired either.

Back