Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

iPhone 12 code name Banana

For context the previous code names of the other phones have been Mango, and Cheese Fondue

The air tags are code named "Tan"

Last edited:
got into it with the etl gm over a return

dude buys a video game, opens it, comes back and is like "wrong console i want a different game"

cant return games, only exchange for same game on diff console but tht wasnt an option

told guest services and they told him, he comes to the boat and lies and says gs told him they could

dude gets all hells sorts of pissy

so i call the etl ge, who calls the etl gm who just does it

and she just tells me just do returns on a gift card next time :) like she didnt even understand the whole no returns thing just oh make it right !

which is stupid, because why even policy if its just going to be ignored the second someone is pissy? could i have done it? yeah def. was i gonna for an asshole ? absolutely not

so i got in w her telling her no im not going to do it next time im following policy *you* (the managers) can

is she technically right? yeah kind of just make it right make em leave whatever

am i completely over people who think people can throw a hissy fit and get what they want? absolutely

am i completely over people who think people can throw a hissy fit and get what they want? absolutely

I always found it funny that retailers reward behavior in adults that we discourage in children. The more you fuss, the more likely you are to get your way.

Honestly, I’m surprised she allowed that because opened DVDs and video games are a hard “nah, dog,” at my store. Never do anything you don’t feel comfortable doing, though, especially with things like that. Plus, she may be okay with “making it right for the guest” by going against that particular policy but another TL/ETL may see things differently.

My store is strict on it and TLs who aren’t familiar with this particular policy may allow it but I’d get my ass reamed by a few others, haha. Maybe talk with your ETL GS, or ETL AP even, to get a more reliable answer on what to do for next time?

I always found it funny that retailers reward behavior in adults that we discourage in children. The more you fuss, the more likely you are to get your way.

Honestly, I’m surprised she allowed that because opened DVDs and video games are a hard “nah, dog,” at my store. Never do anything you don’t feel comfortable doing, though, especially with things like that. Plus, she may be okay with “making it right for the guest” by going against that particular policy but another TL/ETL may see things differently.

My store is strict on it and TLs who aren’t familiar with this particular policy may allow it but I’d get my ass reamed by a few others, haha. Maybe talk with your ETL GS, or ETL AP even, to get a more reliable answer on what to do for next time?

we treat if with the federal copyright law. It’s a blanket statement and we haven’t had any guest issues in a long while since we put that with our words when speaking to the guests

I sometimes think that if I ever see a customer in any store act that way and get what they want, I will nicely finish my transaction (so it can't be said I'm wanting something), ask for the manager and then chew them out loud enough for other customers to hear about the "nice tax", how reasonable customers are charged more by not throwing a fit to get something they don't qualify for, where bad behavior customers get all sorts of free stuff. Lots of loud explaining of "nice tax" that people who don't demand coupon fraud or don't demand a return exception or don't demand money off for breathing or don't blackmail by threatening to call corporate end up paying more per item. And how a firm no haggling return policy is what is needed to not pay a nice tax.

I also think about sending a letter in my best business professional to corporate offices about their policy to appease creates a nice tax that punishes people for treating employees well and being reasonable about purchase hiccups. And a copy posted on social media, since corporate for many retail businesses fear social media.

so do you think the animal crossing switch is going to be available for pickup? ive been seeing people in fb groups talking about just ordering it online and picking it up, but i feel like it'll be excluded from that?

so do you think the animal crossing switch is going to be available for pickup? ive been seeing people in fb groups talking about just ordering it online and picking it up, but i feel like it'll be excluded from that?
Probably will be. And I bet there will be no limit so 1 person is going to take all of them.

ok update

it used to say "in stock" when i checked the website (and people kept calling abt that) but i just checked again and now it says "not sold at" my store

we most definitely have it. think it was changed to prevent opus and/or people calling about stock?

It will be orderable. Almost all other release date collectibles are except for Funkos, unless they are an assortment. One thing they might do is set a greater than 0 threshold at which it will become not orderable so as to preserve some stock for in-store guests. They do that on some collectibles, such as with the Black Series Mandalorian recently.

It will be orderable. Almost all other release date collectibles are except for Funkos, unless they are an assortment. One thing they might do is set a greater than 0 threshold at which it will become not orderable so as to preserve some stock for in-store guests. They do that on some collectibles, such as with the Black Series Mandalorian recently.
aw heck

does it become available for order after midnight?

aw heck

does it become available for order after midnight?

I think it's at 12 Pacific. Stuff drops in for me at 2 am Central usually. But, it also depends on when your store officially receives it. My store didn't bother acknowledging the Link's Awakening stuff until after the store opened for some reason (regular receiver was out sick a lot around then) so no one could order that stuff. That was nice actually.

I think it's at 12 Pacific. Stuff drops in for me at 2 am Central usually. But, it also depends on when your store officially receives it. My store didn't bother acknowledging the Link's Awakening stuff until after the store opened for some reason (regular receiver was out sick a lot around then) so no one could order that stuff. That was nice actually.
oh cool im pacific, so that makes it a bit easier

i'll check at eastern too cos im paranoid anyways

we already have the switches backstocked so that wont be a thing for us :c just odd the website changed it from in stock to not sold and removed the dpci too

Back