Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

this is a whole ass mood

my fave thing is tech backstocking similar looking items but backstocking them as 1 item cos they couldnt be assed to notice one is for iphone xr and the other for 11 or smth

GOD THE FLEXING THING TOO i hate items being flexed because

1. they never tie them in so then flex comes in like REEEEEEE (and its very valid)
2. they never print the label for them
3. they never audit the item thats SUPPOSED to go there. they see an item on the peg and go "alright no need to audit this" so we never get it in

so in closing, fuck my team

You, you I like. Transfer to my store and whip my tech team into shape.

Personal story about flexing product: my store had a massive excess of D-code video games when I transferred in and a high percentage OOS in video games. To solve this, I got the tech team on board with using flex tags to put labels in over OOS games and tie in a D-code game that made sense. We had a good thing going for a few months, but then the Plano TL changed....
Our new Plano TL decided that they couldn't be bothered to work with us on our flexed areas (all I asked was that they leave any flexed product they took down during the weekly revisions on the boat for us).

Within a month we couldn't find half of the D-code games reliably because plano was instructed to just stock new plano'd product in front of our flexes every revision and remove the flex tag. Took a further six months for my team to recover the process from that fiasco completely.

that happened to us too pretty much

every time id go through the cases, id find 2-4 games just mixed in a pile. i dont think it was a case of flexed stuff for us, but rather they just didnt move video games to their new spot. when they stocked they just put in the new one in front

we do revisions for elec now, so this isnt really an issue anymore

but plano (??? i thought they didnt exist anymore but the same lady who did em back then does em now) does entertainment and every tuesday night i 4x4 and find that she just doesnt move the movies either. new releases? yes she changes em. everything else where only some things change? no

my etl told me elec doesnt even own entertainment anymore except we still have to zone it, do the pulls, help guests there, push it from the truck, and backstock it soooo :|

my etl told me elec doesnt even own entertainment anymore except we still have to zone it, do the pulls, help guests there, push it from the truck, and backstock it soooo :|
This hits so close to home, I remember nearly this exact convo with my ETL during the rollout. We don't "own" the area, but no one else does anything for upkeep on the area. So we still do the same work, but without the hours for it.

This hits so close to home, I remember nearly this exact convo with my ETL during the rollout. We don't "own" the area, but no one else does anything for upkeep on the area. So we still do the same work, but without the hours for it.
everything about tech rn is stupid

we have one (1) person at all times
theyre not supposed to leave the area
BUT we have to backstock????
do pulls ???

rn my etl wants me to move all of dept 03 books to their own section in the back but im just here like BITCH WITH WHAT HOURS? yeah this 3 hour shift will do the job, this 17 hour week will get everything done

my etl hr asked me how im doing and i deadass said "i cant afford my bills anymore and you guys hired another person for tech :)"

everything about tech rn is stupid

we have one (1) person at all times
theyre not supposed to leave the area
BUT we have to backstock????
do pulls ???

rn my etl wants me to move all of dept 03 books to their own section in the back but im just here like BITCH WITH WHAT HOURS? yeah this 3 hour shift will do the job, this 17 hour week will get everything done

my etl hr asked me how im doing and i deadass said "i cant afford my bills anymore and you guys hired another person for tech :)"

This sounds waaaaaayyyy too familiar. And it seems like each week the workload gets heavier on top of it all.

yeah until theres a visit and HEY TECH WHY ENTERTAINMENT LOOK SO BAD

idk guys u tell us

per our SD & DSD Tech doesn’t touch Entertainment by any means including phone calls, reshop, Truck. Only exception to a point is guests. Per our DSD GM must have at least 1 TM scheduled in or around entertainment daily. The hammer was put down shortly after the official changes and a big visit happened to where entertainment was 60% empty on the floor and 4 uboats of product in the back. ETL GM must of enjoyed that visit muchly

per our SD & DSD Tech doesn’t touch Entertainment by any means including phone calls, reshop, Truck. Only exception to a point is guests. Per our DSD GM must have at least 1 TM scheduled in or around entertainment daily. The hammer was put down shortly after the official changes and a big visit happened to where entertainment was 60% empty on the floor and 4 uboats of product in the back. ETL GM must of enjoyed that visit muchly
Glad your store follows the rules. I got in trouble for pulling out the workbench article that says Electronics is not Entertainment.

Glad your store follows the rules. I got in trouble for pulling out the workbench article that says Electronics is not Entertainment.

For a good amount of time after Entertainment was being walked during visits. They still can’t consistently schedule someone over there & there’s been times when entertainment would get backed up that the GM ETL called a GM huddle so they all could knock out the multiple uboats & take care of the backstock since they need those for the truck the next day

just got a message from a coworker did [etl specialty] get fired??

we were told he's on vacation to mardi gras but oh boy i hope this means theres some tea abt to brew

We STILL have guest service put entertaintment in our electronics abandons, even though "we know its not yours, but no ones ever scheduled so it'll pile up otherwise" ..... the most i interact with media is fetching a item to put on hold for guests who call or who approach me to find a item or recently to buy the bts cd that came out

We STILL have guest service put entertaintment in our electronics abandons, even though "we know its not yours, but no ones ever scheduled so it'll pile up otherwise" ..... the most i interact with media is fetching a item to put on hold for guests who call or who approach me to find a item or recently to buy the bts cd that came out

from all the bins at guest service entertainment has their own separate from tech guest service also has the bins state the isle numbers on each. At first everything was thrown everywhere but the SE ETL cracked down and all reshop should be sorted via my device.

This is the exact same situation Style is having with Baby Hardlines. We were told we don't own it anymore, GM has a DBO for the area and schedules other TMs to push truck there too - yet GS still puts the reshop in the Style cart most of the time, and when a guest needs help they call us. When I go up to get Style reshop I will put the BH in a three tier, and if I get a chance I will roll it over to BH, because no one from GM will touch it. If I have time I will push some of it, but lately we've had no time at all, so it is what it is. Carts from days ago are still staged over there.

Sorry to hijack your thread, I just can really relate to the situation, lol.

This is the exact same situation Style is having with Baby Hardlines. We were told we don't own it anymore, GM has a DBO for the area and schedules other TMs to push truck there too - yet GS still puts the reshop in the Style cart most of the time, and when a guest needs help they call us. When I go up to get Style reshop I will put the BH in a three tier, and if I get a chance I will roll it over to BH, because no one from GM will touch it. If I have time I will push some of it, but lately we've had no time at all, so it is what it is. Carts from days ago are still staged over there.

Sorry to hijack your thread, I just can really relate to the situation, lol.
Lol baby hardlines actually gets done in the store but 9/10 if your asking too extend your getting stuck in babies or flex does it in their days when they aren't busy...

Back