Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

There is always something to do in tech. Cleaning TVs, pushing truck, pricing, helping guests, pogs, signing, zoning, backstocking, pushing discontinued, training, audits & exf's.
theres always plenty to do we have a daily checklist/routines that are followed daily. We are the only part of the store no matter what time of year it’s been since modernization started that comes clean on everything on a daily basis. Even guests have recognized/complimented us on how it’s easier to shop in our department let alone also compared to other stores.

I’ve been in elec for five years now, so I’m aware of all there is to do — ( especially when the crowds have thinned out post-holidays! ) but wasn’t sure if other stores had a specific routine for the opener and then a separate one for the closer? For example, audit at our store is done only ever by the closer, etc.

It may be a dumb question looking back, it’s 3 in the morning here, haha, forgive me! ( Also, checklists are a must! Just recently typed one up to replace the one we’d used pre-holidays, hoping it improves communications. )

if the truck, backstock, price change, rfid and zone is done thats good enough for them

and by "zone" nothing on the floor lol

theyre definitely a bare minimum kinda team but leadership doesnt ever check up on us so they get away w a lot

Hey, how has pulse been working out for you guys? We stopped using/offering it because there weren't any contractors picking up the orders.

Hey, how has pulse been working out for you guys? We stopped using/offering it because there weren't any contractors picking up the orders.
You have to keep offering this now because SquareTrade no longer does deliveries. AT ALL. If Puls does not step their pussy up they will be axed.

You have to keep offering this now because SquareTrade no longer does deliveries. AT ALL. If Puls does not step their pussy up they will be axed.

We stopped because no one was picking up orders and the tv just sat here. Meanwhile, irate guest.

We stopped because no one was picking up orders and the tv just sat here. Meanwhile, irate guest.
There should be a list of appointments in the Puls app. Is it there? Also just make sure the guest knows that this is a third party and not Target. They need to be calling Puls not Target.

WHOMST IS PULS

no one, not even leadership, knows wtf to do about guests who want delivery
If your myDevice has the Puls app at the end you can schedule delivery with it starting from $49. (I believe some stores don't have it) The people who do the deliveries are very flaky though, being late, or not coming at all. If you dont have the Puls app then there is NO WAY to have an item delivered anymore, except ordering it through the myCheckout.

If your myDevice has the Puls app at the end you can schedule delivery with it starting from $49. (I believe some stores don't have it) The people who do the deliveries are very flaky though, being late, or not coming at all. If you dont have the Puls app then there is NO WAY to have an item delivered anymore, except ordering it through the myCheckout.
thank u for this very useful info

hopefully we don't have it cos i am not abt to deal w a bitter guest whos tv wasnt picked up

So incase you also didn't know, puls is crowd funded. It requires outside contractors to pick up the orders on an order by order bases. If no one is picking them up then they just sit there. They literally are running a message board, not an installation company. They have no installers working under their banner.

So incase you also didn't know, puls is crowd funded. It requires outside contractors to pick up the orders on an order by order bases. If no one is picking them up then they just sit there. They literally are running a message board, not an installation company. They have no installers working under their banner.
Haha, contractors aren't Doordashers. This won't go well

i feel like they may as well bundle it with shipt at that point

add it so shipt ppl can just opt into getting tv pickup listings or smth
I'd be on board with this if Shipt cut the BS and paid their people fairly again. Right now, though, Shipt is an absolute mess of an operation for its employees in a way that even Spot can't rival.

Alternatively, if Spot actually wants to compete, they could just pony up the extra funds it would take to get the delivery system done right.

my tms: oh hey theres a crc sticker on this guess i should rewrap it

Attachments

• IMG_20200225_140844.jpg
    IMG_20200225_140844.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 28
Probably giving too much credit here, but maybe they accidentally defected it, then undid it and just stuck the rewrap over it?
too much credit

i defected it, had to clock out

told the next person "hey take these to receiving thanks"

and here we are

theres a pile of these like this

Back