Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

So are most stores adamant about electronics using the mycheckout? Mine requires us to use it for all card/gift card transactions. It’s frustrating because the Verifone part constantly disconnects requiring the app to be restarted which takes a while. Not to mention other random glitches.
I haven't even seen a mycheckout device in over a year. Before Modernization, we had four and I would always grab one to have in hardlines. Now, I only think we have one at the FOS.

So are most stores adamant about electronics using the mycheckout? Mine requires us to use it for all card/gift card transactions. It’s frustrating because the Verifone part constantly disconnects requiring the app to be restarted which takes a while. Not to mention other random glitches.
They are probably trying to inflate some metric. We only use them here for preorders.

Don’t turn off the the my checkout after you used it. A fast way to check Verifone connection, use the app on the third page to confirm connection.

They are probably trying to inflate some metric. We only use them here for preorders.

that’s exactly it. The store is supposed to do $10k a week through the MC and so it falls on us in electronics to fulfill that ridiculous metric. 🙄

Don’t turn off the the my checkout after you used it. A fast way to check Verifone connection, use the app on the third page to confirm connection.
As far as I know there’s no way to keep the device on for longer than 30 minutes. So, it eventually disconnects anyway

We use ours open to close for all tasks but when it comes to the my checkout part we were told to save the sale not do the sale. Out of stock available online use it order it online same with online only and preorders

Why is the checkout sitting dormant for 30 mins? I carry one & use it constantly.
We carry the mycheckout and a regular zebra because we were told that when multiple apps are being used on it, it can be prone to having more issues with the mycheckout aspect. Whether this is true or not I don’t really know, but it is convenient when occasionally other TMs borrow the mycheckout to do a save the sale, we can carry on with our regular zebra.

We carry the mycheckout and a regular zebra because we were told that when multiple apps are being used on it, it can be prone to having more issues with the mycheckout aspect. Whether this is true or not I don’t really know, but it is convenient when occasionally other TMs borrow the mycheckout to do a save the sale, we can carry on with our regular zebra.
Multiple apps in the background causes Android to not have enough ram so it clears the verifone service.

We stream all the time on ours and hear not a peep about it tho it’s not allowed but at least it doesn’t repeat every 45mins lol

We do it on one now if there’s like multiple good things on or related to something going on we will have multiple Tvs going playing multiple different things

Our wall plays , 90% generic target loop, 1 tv plays 4k food, and anouther plays 4k space loop. .... i wish we could actually watch something different... saving grace is the fact that all the tvs are on mute.. we never turn the sound on unless a guest specificly wants to hear the sound quality.

Also we had a massive problem with resellers , so all of electronics has earpieces so we can covertly plan with AP , so they can screencap photos so if they show up too often we have the ability to prove a denial of sale. AP is actually quite clued into electronics at mine, i see them most often.

The resellers here are very far in between now we stopped that early on & signs everywhere esp by high demand or collectible items. The team is knowledgeable enough to know ahead of time and to pass along the info of what the items those guests will try to get. They are only limited 1 of that item & if it’s part of a assortment & there’s multiple hard to get items they can only choose 1 as well (toys has the fun part of that). Doing all that doesn’t effect sales wise for as long as we been doing it a lot of guests have complimented on how we handle it

Our wall plays , 90% generic target loop, 1 tv plays 4k food, and anouther plays 4k space loop. .... i wish we could actually watch something different... saving grace is the fact that all the tvs are on mute.. we never turn the sound on unless a guest specificly wants to hear the sound quality.
I'm wondering when they are actually going to re-render the target loop in 4k. We probably have about 5 or 6 tvs these days that are not 4k. We have all the tvs on the first volume that plays sound, usually 1, but the Westinghouse tvs dont actually output sound until like volume 6, quite funny. So you can hear the target loop only if you're standing in front of the tvs.

Hold down the green circle....wakes up the verifone and reconnects.

So, what's your truck "guideline" so to speak? I'm told I have to do the cage before getting anything else from the truck/on the flat.

Hold down the green circle....wakes up the verifone and reconnects.
This does wake up the verifone but doesn’t connect it. (Going to the payment screen in myCheckout app doesn’t bring up the credit card screen on verifone). Only way I’ve found to get it to actually connect is to restart mycheckout app.

So, what's your truck "guideline" so to speak? I'm told I have to do the cage before getting anything else from the truck/on the flat.
For us, they put everything into the cages. MMB used to have its own uboat but they stopped using that for whatever reason.

For us, they put everything into the cages. MMB used to have its own uboat but they stopped using that for whatever reason.
Well, I'm talking more about things that can't fit in there or Entertainment items. Thankfully, they're starting to organize the cage now for us instead of having us do it which helps a lot, but I've been told a few times when doing the truck that the cage needs to be emptied before doing the TVs and such.

Well, I'm talking more about things that can't fit in there or Entertainment items. Thankfully, they're starting to organize the cage now for us instead of having us do it which helps a lot, but I've been told a few times when doing the truck that the cage needs to be emptied before doing the TVs and such.
At my store it always depends on the TL on duty and how big the truck is. Often, we'll do the pallet first thing in the morning to work through it and get it off the floor before traffic picks up. Then, we roll the cage out and work on it throughout the day until the closer can get it wrapped up around two or three hours into their shift.

Back