Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

At my store it always depends on the TL on duty and how big the truck is. Often, we'll do the pallet first thing in the morning to work through it and get it off the floor before traffic picks up. Then, we roll the cage out and work on it throughout the day until the closer can get it wrapped up around two or three hours into their shift.

we aren’t allowed to have the cage out on the floor no longer thanks to our District OPS person or whichever title it is now but we can come clean on truck no matter what time of year at the latest when the closer comes in. This time of year we can have it done and back stocked by lunch time and we aren’t a ULV

This does wake up the verifone but doesn’t connect it. (Going to the payment screen in myCheckout app doesn’t bring up the credit card screen on verifone). Only way I’ve found to get it to actually connect is to restart mycheckout app.
It appears that you did not notice the offline pos screen on the checkout app. Close the app. Hit the green circle to turn on veriphone. Then confirm connection using the third page. Start checkout app. Take care of the guest. You are letting the device go to sleep, due to non use. Workbench has a few good manuals on the checkout.

It appears that you did not notice the offline pos screen on the checkout app. Close the app. Hit the green circle to turn on veriphone. Then confirm connection using the third page. Start checkout app. Take care of the guest. You are letting the device go to sleep, due to non use. Workbench has a few good manuals on the checkout.
I have seen the offline pos option in the app, though I’m not sure how it pertains to this issue. I essentially do what you say except usually confirming with the third page app isn’t necessary. It always connects fine when restarting the mycheckout app, however restarting that app takes a while due to waiting for it to load, scanning the hip printer, etc.

It’s just not a smooth experience for the guest who has to stand there waiting when there’s a perfectly good register sitting right in front of them that we’re not supposed to use.

I may just go back to using the mycheckout zebra as my main device to keep it awake and connected.

At my store it always depends on the TL on duty and how big the truck is. Often, we'll do the pallet first thing in the morning to work through it and get it off the floor before traffic picks up. Then, we roll the cage out and work on it throughout the day until the closer can get it wrapped up around two or three hours into their shift.

Our cage gets filled with repacks/anything high value like apple, sometimes we have 2 cages full. Tvs? We usually get bitched asst by receiving that we have tvs to fetch, or they end up outside our stockroom on flats... But that happens with no one telling us. So sometimes there's random tvs that we have to stock.. But they usually get taken care of by noon, the cages get worked on after autopulls/mancafs, ... usually freights 95%done by the time the closer is on shift.

Did anyone's BDS put the Samsung TV on the top right on a demo loop that's slightly laggier? I figured out that there was a usb stick in the TV and when I took it out it was BURNING. I'm surprised it did not melt at all it was so hot. Sometimes I just don't get why they do some things...

The only difference I could tell is that it looked like a power point slideshow. Whats was the use?? LOL
No idea what the idea was with those USB drives in general. All three of the ones at my store stopped working within two weeks of BDS installing them, after which I unplugged them and just found a 4K channel to tune them to. They could've at least tried to get some decent quality USBs, but nooooooooo

No idea what the idea was with those USB drives in general. All three of the ones at my store stopped working within two weeks of BDS installing them, after which I unplugged them and just found a 4K channel to tune them to. They could've at least tried to get some decent quality USBs, but nooooooooo
I asked BDS right now and he says the one is supposed to run on the same loop just slightly delayed. Samsung logic LOL

255-02-0010 AT&T Samsung Y2 - Gray
255-94-0047 AT&T Samsung Y2 Mock
255-94-9494 Samsung Verizon Y2 Mock
255-04-0051 Samsung Verizon Y2 - Gray

For you plus mobile stores to track the S20. Seems there is only gray in the Y2 variant, there is supposed to be X1, and Z3. Unless Target will not sell the normal S20 and Ultra.

Those USB sticks do get unimaginably hot.

It's because the USB 3.0 controller is shitty. Plug a USB 3.0 drive into a 2.0 port so that it has to use the older 2.0 chipset and the same drive won't get hot but will also be pointless because now you aren't getting the 3.0 SUPERSPEED. Awesome. Only 90s kids will remember the overwhelmingly superior FireWire 🔥🔥🔥

Did anyone elses TV wall go wacky this after noon?
We had a "Boot device can't be found" error. afaik the boot device is the network so it should have been a global issue. Whats gonna suck is it looks like the ticket we submitted is sending someone to replace our mini PC.

ALso... ok fessup... which store sold these!

Attachments

• hhxxxz6o3eg41.jpg
    hhxxxz6o3eg41.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 35
I have seen the offline pos option in the app, though I’m not sure how it pertains to this issue. I essentially do what you say except usually confirming with the third page app isn’t necessary. It always connects fine when restarting the mycheckout app, however restarting that app takes a while due to waiting for it to load, scanning the hip printer, etc.

It’s just not a smooth experience for the guest who has to stand there waiting when there’s a perfectly good register sitting right in front of them that we’re not supposed to use.

I may just go back to using the mycheckout zebra as my main device to keep it awake and connected.

During the wait time for the device to load I utilize the time to ask the guest if they have an email address (sometimes they do not and have to ask a family member for theirs) also if they are prepared to pay with card and if so have their ID ready. If they are planning on paying cash I then explain the process of purchasing a gift card in order to use the mycheckout process.

Also this is a great opportunity to answer any questions they might have regarding shipping and for many they are willing to wait when they learn that we will not charge any shipping as a courtesy.

We had a "Boot device can't be found" error. afaik the boot device is the network so it should have been a global issue. Whats gonna suck is it looks like the ticket we submitted is sending someone to replace our mini PC.

ALso... ok fessup... which store sold these!
Yep, that was it. Didn't want to go into too much detail if we were the only store. It happened right before the end of my shift and the PML had already left for the day so I'll see what they say today.

Curious what everyone's opening / closing routines are ... They've felt pretty out of wack at my store these last couple of months. 🤔

Curious what everyone's opening / closing routines are ... They've felt pretty out of wack at my store these last couple of months. 🤔
There is always something to do in tech. Cleaning TVs, pushing truck, pricing, helping guests, pogs, signing, zoning, backstocking, pushing discontinued, training, audits & exf's.

Last edited:

theres always plenty to do we have a daily checklist/routines that are followed daily. We are the only part of the store no matter what time of year it’s been since modernization started that comes clean on everything on a daily basis. Even guests have recognized/complimented us on how it’s easier to shop in our department let alone also compared to other stores.

Back