Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

And with this revision once again the opportunity to waste even more time adjusting the ridiculously large capacities set by corporate. 165 Airpods per DPCI, 30 iPads each and so on. Just amazing it can't be done properly and has to be fixed at the store level with all that extra time we have

The iPads were meant to face forward but that's obviously not the case with how much we have to cram in there.
My store only carries about 10 of the items on the label strips for the Apple lock case. We use a blank stop and then cut labels for what we do have. Makes it look neater and allows us to put the item with the correct price.

My store only carries about 10 of the items on the label strips for the Apple lock case. We use a blank stop and then cut labels for what we do have. Makes it look neater and allows us to put the item with the correct price.
Basically anything discontinued you can omit from the shelves but with all the variations of apple watches it takes up half the shelves

Wait, we charge a premium on iPhones? All of them are $50 more than what Apple charges. It's like we want to lose customers :rolleyes:
It's to discourage resellers from trying to buy outright without activating the phone. When Tech activates a phone it applies a $50 discount normally.

Basically anything discontinued you can omit from the shelves but with all the variations of apple watches it takes up half the shelves
Something I did that worked well when I still did the apple case was put the most generic DPCI's label on the strip, often space gray or white/silver of whatever size and series. Every DPCI of the same size and series went with that label, and all the individual label options went behind the showing label or in a UPS pouch on the top of the lockbox

The apple cases are so much fun we don’t go by planogram at all & we use cosmetic labels for all products. To save space we group the watches together and stack the tags get laminated together so it’s like a xl tag. We can fit everything in neatly other stores in our district some with even 2 cases are like a nightmare

That'd be the day for Spot. If they manage to get a single gaming PC that's decent I'd eat my non-existent hat.
They will have to compete with Walmart soon when they have literal GAMING ARENAS in stores to promote their Gaming PC line.

Literally EVERYONE turns down the laptops at the sight of Celeron.

Last edited:
Wonder if Spot is going to have some sort of advertising presence here:

They will have to compete with Walmart soon when they have literal GAMING ARENAS in stores to promote their Gaming PC line.

Literally EVERYONE turns down the laptops at the sight of Celeron.
I will die of shock if Walmart has good gaming PCs. They will price to how their customers expect Walmart to be, so low end performance and subpar manufacturing.

I will die of shock if Walmart has good gaming PCs. They will price to how their customers expect Walmart to be, so low end performance and subpar manufacturing.
If you don't know they already do have a Gaming PC brand called OP. Besides the graphics card not being plugged in sometimes I heard they are quite ok. Just charging a lot for what is essentially the labor of building it.

My Walmart across the street from spot just remodeled. They’ve got well specced PCs and laptops. Nothing super high end but well enough to run games on ultra and cost 13-1600.

And check the pog for vg9(asants) but next to the PlayStation stuff in my store we’re moving the drone lockbox over, because they’re finally giving up on that, and it is going to house pc things. And the turtle beach display goes away for more shelves for keyboards/mice/headsets.

My Walmart across the street from spot just remodeled. They’ve got well specced PCs and laptops. Nothing super high end but well enough to run games on ultra and cost 13-1600.

And check the pog for vg9(asants) but next to the PlayStation stuff in my store we’re moving the drone lockbox over, because they’re finally giving up on that, and it is going to house pc things. And the turtle beach display goes away for more shelves for keyboards/mice/headsets.

They are just moving it over and not getting rid of it? I wonder if DJI is still paying them for an empty spot and Targets just like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They are just moving it over and not getting rid of it? I wonder if DJI is still paying them for an empty spot and Targets just like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
No they’re getting rid of it. It’s going to house these computer build combos we got in a couple weeks ago.

No they’re getting rid of it. It’s going to house these computer build combos we got in a couple weeks ago.

I'm soooooo conflicted. On one hand I am happy to get rid of an empty case. On the other hand, I am pissed I'm losing a case where I could display high value discontinued, clearance, transition, and extra product that won't fit in it's home.

Back