Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

We briefly had some of our phone cases on stationery/book shelves (we were accidentally sent like 50 extras in remodel and the TL for electronics at the time wanted to try it). Horrible idea. You know how bad the Heyday focal gets? The entire run was that bad.

Is it just me or do some GSTLs not know crap about price matching? "Oh we can't do prime because it's a membership." Bitch please, that is only to get the 2 day shipping and SOME prime only deals but it will always say "This is a prime only deal." I got another one that doesnt price match Walmart when it says rollback because "that is clearance." Again, no it's not Walmart doesnt have sales, they have rollbacks. A rose by any other name, BUT NO. They are the "experts." Bunch of idiots that can't read. Read the price match policy people!

Is it just me or do some GSTLs not know crap about price matching? "Oh we can't do prime because it's a membership." Bitch please, that is only to get the 2 day shipping and SOME prime only deals but it will always say "This is a prime only deal." I got another one that doesnt price match Walmart when it says rollback because "that is clearance." Again, no it's not Walmart doesnt have sales, they have rollbacks. A rose by any other name, BUT NO. They are the "experts." Bunch of idiots that can't read. Read the price match policy people!
Walmart doesn't let you upc search other colored items except the "base" color, so for example the Instax camera only shows up when you price match the lime green color. Any other color will look like it doesn't exist. One lead would never price match if he had to manually search the item. This is also why TVs will never show up on Walmart, they are all grouped into one item with size selectors.

But I solved that hire me. 2019-09-05 00-30-23 GIF | Gfycat - https://gfycat.com/theseuniquefantail

Last edited:
Interesting... I wonder how difficult of a project like that would be to convert it to pegs instead of shelves, I'll have to investigate.
You need to set the pog your store is given. It’s a waste of time (and not right) to do your own thing to an aisle pog.

You need to set the pog your store is given. It’s a waste of time (and not right) to do your own thing to an aisle pog.
Set the apple accessories upside down because the stuff people bought was at the bottom. They fixed it and now people are grunting to get the earpods on the VERY BOTTOM PEG. 🤡

I hate BDS. Some of them are incompetent. They should just leave all the displays to PMT/Tech team.

Yea because when something needs to be setup in tech, like a tablet, the first person I think can handle it with no issues is my pmt or pog team. I would have no problem, but I've got way to much shit to do to worry about my displays. Luckily the guy we got now is amazeballs.

The elements we sold were doing 15% off & showed it the zebra.
Wonder why we had the glitch. Even before I left for the day (stayed an hour over my scheduled because I couldn't get away from guests who wanted TVs) they still weren't scanning or ringing correctly.

Amazon Prime is excluded. So is any item where someone has to log into an account to see the price. You want that Amazon price, show the item on the site without being logged in.

Amazon Prime is excluded. So is any item where someone has to log into an account to see the price. You want that Amazon price, show the item on the site without being logged in.
Just because it says Prime does not mean it is excluded. The price will show up even when you're logged out. You just wont get free 2 day shipping. Thats what Prime is. Free two day shipping. I've ordered Target.com orders and spoken to the Target.com chat support to price match from Amazon and they've done it everytime. It only has to be "Shipped from and sold by Amazon.com." It'll say it on the page.

Last edited:
On another note, holy crap that was a lot of TVs today! And all those Black Friday deals that went live! Exciting, stressful day lol. But my store got through it and we CRUSHED sales goal.

On another note, holy crap that was a lot of TVs today! And all those Black Friday deals that went live! Exciting, stressful day lol. But my store got through it and we CRUSHED sales goal.
Due to one new seasonal TM needing to be off for a family event (BTW dude, did you mention this during your interview? Submit a time off request? Go to HR when the schedule was posted and saw you were scheduled?), we would have had only one new TM working Tech for a half hour. I ended up staying more than an hour over to help them. Even then we weren't keeping up because we only had one dumb ass cart attendant, so I was wheeling the TVs out for the guests.

Also, to the guest who decided to change their mind about what TV they wanted after I spent 20 minutes getting a 55" model from a top location in steel that was blocked by product and other crap: GFY.

And to all those guests who decided to buy 55" TVs and larger: Work on your spatial relations skills. I could tell as soon as you pulled up in your car that the TV wasn't going to fit in this no matter how hard we tried:

(Image used for comedic effect only. None were this small.)

Finally, to the guests with hatchbacks: Yes, we can definitely get your TV into your car, but you are going to have to get rid of that year's worth of trash, garbage, and junk in your backseat for the rear seat to fold down.

Rant over. I'm good now.

Every week I ask mySupport to triple our OTL for Simple Mobile sim cards, yet there has been 140 of them sitting at the DC for weeks and 120 on the way to the DC...

Back