Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

what do you mean you have a scheduled entertainment tm

we still have a plano tm tht does it
Not really? We kinda do, but as I said before, it was really putting someone who works in Tech to do it as that way they can still assist guests.

Not really? We kinda do, but as I said before, it was really putting someone who works in Tech to do it as that way they can still assist guests.
thats still something

the person who does it for us will literally jus change out the strips and put in the new movies

if something is already there she jus puts the new shit behind it and her backstocking is a joke

they still try and get us to do it but i tell them if they want gm work done give us gm hours and stop tryna take our already low tech hours

so now my etl is looking into getting dedicated entertainment shifts for us (tho looking into and actually getting them are 2 diff things)

sooo anyone elses mobile tl have an inflated ego and calls themself the manager or an "executive?"

cos yeesh im gettin annoyed by it

sooo anyone elses mobile tl have an inflated ego and calls themself the manager or an "executive?"

cos yeesh im gettin annoyed by it

Ours is basically a ghost but does expect to be taken care Instantly. That Lead will hoard the keys away from the other mobile tms. Also will encourage the mobile team to ignore guests unless they want something to do with phones or anything to do with Apple care. We get constant complaints and we have gone up their ladder of leadership and still nothing has happened. We got to the point as a A store if there’s any complaints from Target Tech we give out the MarketSource # & explain to the guests that we are sorry they are only a vendor to us they are not part of target & we have this number here this will be the best way for you to let out your venting.

Anyone know anything more about project delorean? I'm so interested. I think T0195 Long Beach Bellflower is one of the stores, but their remodel adjacency doesn't look special except something called a "beacon", and that their mobile table and registers are perpendicular to the racetrack. (But I think other stores have it like this already)

Anyone know anything more about project delorean? I'm so interested. I think T0195 Long Beach Bellflower is one of the stores, but their remodel adjacency doesn't look special except something called a "beacon", and that their mobile table and registers are perpendicular to the racetrack. (But I think other stores have it like this already)
im like 30 min from that store, have they started the remodel or whatever it is cos i will totally go and snoop

im like 30 min from that store, have they started the remodel or whatever it is cos i will totally go and snoop
Guy from HQ said two stores have it "already" and when you search delorean in workbench that and another store shows up. So I feel like its those stores.

Guy from HQ said two stores have it "already" and when you search delorean in workbench that and another store shows up. So I feel like its those stores.
imma probs check it out this weekend then

my hobby is looking at different stores and comparing them to mine lol

last week i drove an hour to shop at a super target for the first time

Barely. Admittedly, I've been exclusively SFS the last few months. We stopped dealing with phones when covid became a thing. I'd have to juggle helping other guests and showing grandma how to send a text message as well as doing all the other shit we're required to do.

Fourth quarter we pretty much had someone from A&A or whoever was in hardlines not backing up the lanes constantly backing us up.

If it was just activating Verizon and ATT everything would be fine. Their process these days is usually pretty smooth. But Consumer Cellular can be a giant time waster. CC is fine when the guest has their shit together. (Has an ATT, T-Mobile or universal unlocked phone, has their old cell phone account number and pin, etc) In my experience this is not usually the case and we end up headdesking for the next hour because they insisted their phone was unlocked but it wasn't.

"BuT tHe CoMmErCiAl SaId I CaN bRiNg My oWn PhOnE!!!!!!!!1"

This is turning into a rant, so I'll stop here.

Last edited:
Apple thieves are hitting our district again. Swiping as much as they can once the case is opened and running out a fire exist where a car is waiting. Luckily, my store hasn't been hit yet. Told Tech Team and ETLs, we are only keeping one of each item in the case and pulling from the back for guests. That reduces the risk to reward ratio for the thieves.

Last edited:
My resellers for apple products is back... after we banned them from buying apple products months ago

Had one I suspected the other day...had a target wallet with gift cards loaded, but no TM discount surprisingly. Wanted to buy multiple Apple watches but we only had one in stock. 🤣

Apple thiefs are hitting our district again. Swiping as much as they can once the case is opened and running out a fire exist where a car is waiting. Luckily, my store hasn't been hit yet. Told Tech Team and ETLs, we are only keeping one of each item in the case and pulling from the back for guests. That reduces the risk to reward ratio for the thieves.

We always keep one of each in the case except for airpods just because we sell so many of those per day.

But Consumer Cellular can be a giant time waster.
This became a daily thing for the plus mobile team at my store. My method basically became making the port process the first part of the conversation for anyone not working with troubleshooting or an upgrade for their existing line. If the guest wasn't sure about either piece of info between the PIN or account number, I had sticky notes I'd write down the number they needed to contact for their old carrier (if I could find it) and set up an appointment in CC's system for them to come back once they had the right info.

Still got burned enough times to make it frustrating, though.

Anyone had any experience with Just Wireless lifetime warranty? Could be a good selling point if it’s actually legit.

Had one I suspected the other day...had a target wallet with gift cards loaded, but no TM discount surprisingly. Wanted to buy multiple Apple watches but we only had one in stock. 🤣

We always keep one of each in the case except for airpods just because we sell so many of those per day.
Just limit 1 per guest or say no.

For any suspicious purchases that have target wallet we take our time with them and look over the target wallet and if we see a tm discount on their and we don’t know them we ask for physical card and iD or it’s no checkout for them

so do you guys limit them?

my store does 1 per email (yes, we look at their wallet and write down the email) per product type (i.e one ipad, one switch cant get ipad and ipad pro or switch and lite)

a store in our district has no limit cos it makes sales

so do you guys limit them?

my store does 1 per email (yes, we look at their wallet and write down the email) per product type (i.e one ipad, one switch cant get ipad and ipad pro or switch and lite)

a store in our district has no limit cos it makes sales
We have officially banned them , no sales at all. But its a catch 22 situ right now.

Back