Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

So, supposedly ordering mobile phones for pickup is coming in the next couple of weeks. I didn't get a chance to dive into the details today. I was hoping to at the end of my shift but got bogged down searching for fask masks. I do know that fulfillment is not supposed to do it. Fulfillment's role is to notify tech if an order pops in and tech is supposed to do it.
I had a guest who ordered a phone & was not activated. We took it back. we tried to activate the phone & didn’t work.

We have a 30 minute overlap every day and a midshifter on sat/sun. We also have a mmb/bullseye dbo that usually works til somewhere between noon and 3pm depending on how sucky payroll is. But bullseye is hot right now and no major movie releases has caused a huge decrease in mmb this month, so most of their time is spent in bullseye.

I saw a screenshot of that new OPU category on Reddit today. Yet again zero information filtering down from corporate. Is this just for plus mobile stores?

Thanks :) I'll check it tomorrow. I was so busy setting kid's basics this week, I hardly had the time to look for any new changes outside of Style (thought we'd get a break after the AT&T crap).

I wrote a little paper about some product knowledge. If you find yourself having a hard time differentiating products this might be very useful.
If you guys have questions about other things Ill do some research and write what I learned.

I wrote a little paper about some product knowledge. If you find yourself having a hard time differentiating products this might be very useful.
If you guys have questions about other things Ill do some research and write what I learned.
Awesome!

Is anyone having issues with guests asking for street dated items? Transformers wwe lol mario legos gi joe etc.....i have guests asking to look for them in the back which we have but not set....gm lead says if they call corporate we have to search for the item if its not street dated....apparantly there is a post that target is selling gi joe on the 1st instead of the 14th. I dont think my leaders are aware. How do you all deal with this. And how does some stores leak/sell these items before street date?

Is anyone having issues with guests asking for street dated items? Transformers wwe lol mario legos gi joe etc.....i have guests asking to look for them in the back which we have but not set....gm lead says if they call corporate we have to search for the item if its not street dated....apparantly there is a post that target is selling gi joe on the 1st instead of the 14th. I dont think my leaders are aware. How do you all deal with this. And how does some stores leak/sell these items before street date?
We had someone ask about street dated Transformer toys (street dated for August), it showed in our system as being sold 158 days ago.
We also have an absolute ton of Super Mario legos that were pulled off street date early?? I got called in to push toys last week and all the SM legos were street dated for the first, so I backstocked them. When they set toys today, I saw them out and checked. They weren't street dated anymore. I let my TL know, and as far as I know my TL didn't get any notice about street dates being pulled early.. It's a Nintendo collab too - I know they're super strict about street dates, so I guess we'll have to wait and find out what happens.

The curb all the questions and all that thanks to the District Team as well because of great feedback in person from guests including during a visit on street dated items as a district there’s a email that gets sent out and updated whenever needed on all street dated merchandise store wide. I’m tagged on the email forwarding on it and I’m always the go to one when it comes to collectibles. We occasionally get some that try to get a new tm or call and hope for someone that’s new or doesn’t care but they get shot down quick.

are you guys gettin flooded w calls abt some neca ninja turtles figures?

these people are getting so fucking sweaty over them tryna interrogate me about if theres a box of neca stuff in the back or when the neca vendor was last here or if we got them or when

like jfc go away these guys are almost as bad as the pop collectors

We have one guy who calls every evening for last 2 weeks... i just say i haven't seen our neca vendor recently that they bring the thing he's looking for

We have one guy who calls every evening for last 2 weeks... i just say i haven't seen our neca vendor recently that they bring the thing he's looking for

We thankfully was 1 of the stores chosen to stop carrying neca during the whole time we had neca we only saw them twice but yet they barely ever touched their product to place we had to send back almost 2 full pallets of their product back to them. Premium aka SBT is the same when it comes to movies and all that last seen them before the holidays

are you guys gettin flooded w calls abt some neca ninja turtles figures?

these people are getting so fucking sweaty over them tryna interrogate me about if theres a box of neca stuff in the back or when the neca vendor was last here or if we got them or when

like jfc go away these guys are almost as bad as the pop collectors

You’d jump for joy at our store no Neca products & all of our Pop guests are very understanding since we have the policies in place including “we will not look in the back for specific items”

We had someone ask about street dated Transformer toys (street dated for August), it showed in our system as being sold 158 days ago.
We also have an absolute ton of Super Mario legos that were pulled off street date early?? I got called in to push toys last week and all the SM legos were street dated for the first, so I backstocked them. When they set toys today, I saw them out and checked. They weren't street dated anymore. I let my TL know, and as far as I know my TL didn't get any notice about street dates being pulled early.. It's a Nintendo collab too - I know they're super strict about street dates, so I guess we'll have to wait and find out what happens.

That has to be a major fuckup by someone. The Mario Legos are still in preorder only to be shipped August 1st on Lego's official site. They should not be sold before then.

The Mario legos had the same thing at my store. We set the Lego aisles and all the Mario ones were steet dated for the first. The next day they pulled in 141s and only a couple were street dated. I put most of them out. There are also some GI Joe toys that collectors are telling me Hasbro changed to the first but our system still says the 14th. So I won't be selling those til the 14th unless something changes in our system.

My store had someone coming in everyday for almost two weeks for the NECA Ninja Turtle toys. The vendor finally came in and he was able to get what he wanted.

Back