Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

Is anyone else getting books on a different day than usual? We were normally getting them on Friday/Saturday, but we've been getting them on Wednesday instead. Thinking it over, it makes more sense since the weekend trucks are more likely to be bigger and Thursday doesn't have much to do if we had everything done as opposed to a Sunday where we set ads.
Still getting in sat or sun. But last week it was sun and Monday.

Not that it makes much difference, but having AT&T-paid reps in the building makes me worry for how guest experience will be affected. AT&T's customer service is notoriously bad even among cell phone carriers.

Not that it makes much difference, but having AT&T-paid reps in the building makes me worry for how guest experience will be affected. AT&T's customer service is notoriously bad even among cell phone carriers.
Boomer cellular guest to att rep: I dont know how to send an email text message on this phone can I get a new sims card?
Att rep: Sorry I don't work with Consumer Cellular sorry.
guest: WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T WORK HERE?

Boomer cellular guest to att rep: I dont know how to send an email text message on this phone can I get a new sims card?
Att rep: Sorry I don't work with Consumer Cellular sorry.
guest: WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T WORK HERE?
That's it, I'm renouncing my Boomer status. I am now Gen X.

so how have u all been dealing w telling people we dont have mobile anymore and what have the reactions been

id like to direct them to a store that still has mobile but... no one knows which stores still do apparently

Hmm. We switched to plus mobile when it started. Seems to work just fine. Better than when we had Market Source.

is there more than 1 person in tech? i imagine it would be a nightmare with only 1 person

my store has repeatedly insisted there are no hours for dual coverage in tech

so how have u all been dealing w telling people we dont have mobile anymore and what have the reactions been

id like to direct them to a store that still has mobile but... no one knows which stores still do apparently

I usually also refer them to nearest target but I tell them to call first and ask before making the drive. Also try referring them to costco or google the nearby carrier store. The most complaints is with consumer cellular unfortunately they dont have an actual store..so someone will have to call for them usually to try and troubleshoot at home but they are elderly and have no support ....they are used to coming into target sometimes so these types of guest can be extremely frustrating to deal with. Also sometimes Consumer Cellular tells them to go into Target even if we no longer support them...i dont think they got the memo

is there more than 1 person in tech? i imagine it would be a nightmare with only 1 person

We don't get double coverage except on tune in Tuesday. And that's only after the pog switching is done.

We get the same response..
"How long to get that mancaf pushed?"
"Half hour since I just got it all boxed"

Hour and a half later still haven't finished the man caff (75% complete though)cause of guest interaction.
*manager appears*
"Hey stay on task stop talking"
"Sorry boss I just got done with a rush, that's why I'm not finished on the mancaff"
"Hurry up and get working on freight"

Like.... itd actually get done if I'm not doing 3 peoples tasks at once.

Yea that mancaf was left over from morning shift too.. i really do not think any of our leaders actually have worked a whole guest heavy shift in tech and experienced how little gets done especially if their questions more advanced then "where's the hdmi cords?" 2 minutes
I get "tell me about your apple watches?"15 minutes
"Tell me about your fitbits , should I go with the cheap off brand one you sell or is the fitbit that much less of a headache and i should just spend the extra money? "20 minutes.

To tell me about your laptops. (5-30 minute explanation)

Or tell me about the 55 inch tvs you have, I want to buy one. (Entire interaction from intro to helping in to the car 15-45 minutes)

Phone calls for Electronics all day, "Guest Service needed in Electronics" all day, Electronics calling out sales on the walkie all day- how does Spot NOT know that Tech is a busy area?

We have mids Fri, sat, sun. If they are doing a phone and someone comes for help with something else, they call for backup. Beauty, mmb dbo, or toy dbo are usually able to help.

Our last group of Market Source was sooooo bad. Seriously it was better without them.

It really do show when they had 3 team leaders trying to deal with electronics when someone called out one random morning.
literally every time i come back from break its like

OH GOD YOURE BACK FINALLY

i come and see like 3 people, usually leads and immediately theyre like

OH SHE CAN HELP SHES THE E X P E R T

today my cover for my break left a guest on hold because she couldnt ??? answer the guests question???? that she coulda asked guest services or the lod ???? the question was can the guest return a tv without a box

i just come back from break and shes like THERES A PHONE CALL AND THIS OTHER GUEST NEEDS HELP BYEEE

We don't get double coverage except on tune in Tuesday. And that's only after the pog switching is done.

We get the same response..
"How long to get that mancaf pushed?"
"Half hour since I just got it all boxed"

Hour and a half later still haven't finished the man caff (75% complete though)cause of guest interaction.
*manager appears*
"Hey stay on task stop talking"
"Sorry boss I just got done with a rush, that's why I'm not finished on the mancaff"
"Hurry up and get working on freight"

Like.... itd actually get done if I'm not doing 3 peoples tasks at once.
you guys...get double coverage for tune in tuesday? we get a former plano tm that does a half assed job and complains the whole time.

seriously tho they think tech isnt busy but also hear the call button go off 50 times and be like TECH ITS BUSY WHY ARENT U AT THE B O A T (cos im...tryna pull or go get the go backs guest services has been telling me to grab for an hr)

It really do show when they had 3 team leaders trying to deal with electronics when someone called out one random morning.
god my etl HATES electronics because she has no idea abt anything

shes a good leader just....clueless abt tech stuff and understands we need coverage but says she cant

We have mids Fri, sat, sun. If they are doing a phone and someone comes for help with something else, they call for backup. Beauty, mmb dbo, or toy dbo are usually able to help.

Our last group of Market Source was sooooo bad. Seriously it was better without them.

beauty is across the store and they dont cover us or help often unless they have dual coverage

we dont have a mmb dbo
or a toy dbo.... well we do but he is a VERY old and cranky man who clearly does not want to talk to people (u can hear him muttering to himself "why the fuck they askin me abt a different department dont they see im in TOYS)

The only double coverage we ever get non holidays is like a 15 min overlap on shifts. I’m not speaking on their behalf but I’m able to do the man caf, truck freight even if it’s a double, back-stock, audit, & any revisions all within a 8hr shift. That’s with heavy guest interaction & we are a C volume store.

"Tech you guest first?"
"No what's up?"
"There's a guest"
"Where ?"
"They are coming from guest service they said no one was there"
"Ok I'll get outta the backroom and be visible"
"Thank you"

Back